🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 199 — Don't Say Pineapple: LIVE from LA Indie Improv Festival 2015

Recorded LIVE in Los Angeles, Billy Merritt, Mary Holland, and Andy Secunda join Matt Besser for an improv4humans that kicked off the 2015 LA Indie Improv Festival! They’ll explore the consequences of having family Skype into a wedding, why Mary would mention her childhood bathroom ritual in her application essay to Yale, and why you would have a ringtone for every moment in a relationship. Plus, a humon explains the real reason why pineapple is the most suggested word. San Francisco: Matt Besser will be in ASSSSCAT at the Outside Lands Festival this Saturday, August 8th. Go to www.mattbesser.com for more info. Make sure to get the Upright Citizens Brigade television show season 3 now available on DVD, the UCB Comedy Improv Manual, and Dragoon’s new album at dragoongalaxy.bandcamp.com!

Nice "You like baseball?" callback !

• Like 2

hey matt, stop yelling, "AAAAAND SCEEEEEEEEENE" (loud music) everytime anyone else says something funny.

I know you're jealous of their ability to maintain a thread of humor but please stop yelling into the mic, you're gonna piss off my neighbors

Mary Holland is my favorite! Yay!

• Like 2

I think people just say pineapple because they're trying to be zany, and pineapple is one of the sillier fruits.

How you doin' ;)

Pineapples are slang for weed on Reddit. Which makes it seem ubiquitous to me, as a redditor, but it's still obscure enough it feels like a secret code.

Pineapple is also a "joke" fruit because people will eat it or drink pineapple juice to make their semen taste better. I think there's just 10,000 different meanings behind the symbol of pineapple, so everyone's mind goes there.

What is the big project Matt was talking about at the end? Does anyone know yet?

• Like 1

Obviously people suggest pineapple because 1) they're hungry and 2) they're greedy, trying to get two words in as one, one-word suggestion.

• Like 3

Well I guess we know WENGERT! and Gabrus wil be on I4H #200.

Dammit. He finally reads one of my questions and doesn't say my name. It was the "unpopular beliefs in circle of friends" one.

• Like 2

Pineapple is also a "joke" fruit because people will eat it or drink pineapple juice to make their semen taste better. I think there's just 10,000 different meanings behind the symbol of pineapple, so everyone's mind goes there.

What is the big project Matt was talking about at the end? Does anyone know yet?

I don't know, besser.com doesn't say.

Hey was that Kate from Thunderdome?

I hope we get more of Jon Gabrus's gospel lady character from the ad in the future.

• Like 2

Mary Holland is my favorite! Yay!

"I was named after a Power Ranger; I'm Trini!"

• Like 3

Sorry to clog the thread, but I'm totally on the side of that dude that loves Italian Horror. Lucio Fulci is my hero!