🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 22 - U2 Talk 2 U

As one of the lads from Liverpool, it must have been difficult for Bonobos to feign surprise at all of the things Paul was pointing out on the tour.

• Like 8

I really like these guys from U2, I feel like they could really go somewhere.

• Like 7

Best UTU2TM yet! I couldn't believe how funny all the lovable lads were. Your interview was truly great, you guys being so noticeably nervice made it even better. I could feel how excited both of you were and it gave me chills more than once. Besides, you acted way more professional than any of us would have. I'm genuinely jealous of you guys that you got to hear the new album. Can't wait til it's out.

Also, I can't believe that it's an actual member of the band (U2) that fought for you guys to continue the show for us.

• Like 2

Only thing that could have made this interview better was an ep of "What's your fuck-style?"

Also, if you can't put out a t-shirt with Bono's drawing, can we get one the says "It doesn't exist!"?

• Like 1

Guest Sanjay Yngwie Gupta Malmsteen

Maybe it's just me...but for me?

This is Earwolf's crowning achievement.

I never thought any p-cast could bring more joy & giggles than CBB, but for me? and maybe it's just me here...but for me? ever since these two lovable weirdo lads from California started talking U2 to me, well...I now know what comedy podcast bliss is, and by extension, have found what I've been looking for! :D

C+

• Like 13

Also, I loved the New Section / Podcast of the show "What's Your Interview Style?" Compliments...

• Like 3

I was genuinely almost too nervous to listen to the start of the interview. This was amazing. The fact that Bonobos drew the Scotts a dick, signing it "Bonobos," and that they got them everything but the t-shirts blows my mind.

• Like 3

Like others have said, I don't remember ever being so proud of two guys I've never met.

Congratulations Scotts and thank you.

• Like 4

I know I don't personally know the Scotts, but I'm so inexplicably proud of them for doing what we all dream of doing with people we admire and look up to.

I'm also explicably saddened that this is the end of UTU2TM. Gonna miss you two talkin' "U Talkin' U2 To Me" to me. And "What's Your Fuck Style?".

If any one else is interested, this designer Matt Empson has some great UTU2TM work you can find here:

https://www.behance.net/mattempson

His poster is killer. Cheers!

6dd71d4098bf49bc4f55319f121d253b.jpg

For some reason, just seeing "This is how I talk when I talk about cuisine" sent me into a giggly fit that I've yet to recover from. My wife is still waiting for me to explain why I'm laughing, but I can't talk.

• Like 6

It was so hilarious to me that they kept referring to each other as Edge and Bono. I know that's been their names for so long but I assumed that childhood friends would call each other David and Paul.

Also, all of their accents are so lovely

Bono and Edge aren't some stage names they came up with when they started the band. They are nicknames that their friends gave them. Bono's 2 best friends outside of the band are a guy named Guggi and Gavin Friday, also nicknames. They were friends as teens and both of those guys were in a band called the Virgin Prunes with the Edge's older brother Dik.

• Like 2

Better than Obama on WTF

Paid off better than Serial (which we all know was the first podcast)

The one question- who gets to keep Bonobos' dick? Or are the Scotts going to share custody?

• Like 9

Better than Obama on WTF

Paid off better than Serial (which we all know was the first podcast)

The one question- who gets to keep Bonobos' dick? Or are the Scotts going to share custody?

It should be framed and hung on the wall somewhere at Earwolf Studio. Preferably the door of the men's room. "Got one of these? C'mon in."

• Like 9

Goddamn I wish they had asked them when they first heard of U2.

This was a stunning achievement, I honestly can't believe how much I love this.

• Like 9

Guys, there's now a U2 entry on Earwolf's guest page.

http://www.earwolf.com/person/u2/

I may have found what I was looking for. Thanks Scotts.

Whoever wrote it got all four of the band member names wrong. Bono? Adam Clayton? Who are these people?!

• Like 9

My favorite moment of the ep (sorry if someone else mentioned this):

Edge: "You are a wrap artist Adam"

Bono: "He's a ha- very good the Edge"

I laughed very hard at this sincere response to a Scott Aukerman style witty quip.

• Like 10

I was told to check out an article on EW by a friend who knows I listen to podcasts (she didn't know I had already heard the ep) and god did the comments section piss me off:

io18r6.png

• Like 6