🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 22 - U2 Talk 2 U

I've listened to this ep twice now and so much stands out to me as just wonderful. It's not my favorite ep of the series, but it's so cool to hear that the band, and especially Bono, went out of their way to make a wink and nod at some of the Scotts' great bits. The fact that they brought everything but a fuckin' t-shirt for the little boys who want to big boys made me so, so happy. AND Bono drew a dick and signed it Bonobos? Outstanding. I'll never be able to look at him as a pretentious boob again.

All in all, great content. C+.

• Like 6

Great ep! Loved it! Blah blah blah... now on to "Season 2"

Yes, the band gave you the best idea possible! Review all the music videos in the next "season", then do commentaries on all their concert videos, and then do reviews of all the movies U2 has been involved with! (Wings of Desire, Million Dollar Hotel, Batman Forever, etc.)

DO IT! We need more Scott & Scott!

Anybody have the balls to wear this in public? I don't.

front.png?v=2015-08-07-02-02

http://teespring.com/utu2tm

Dude, the balls are right there on the fuuuckin' t-shirt.

Never mind balls. Do you have the Bonobos?

• Like 1

I've listened to this ep twice now and so much stands out to me as just wonderful. It's not my favorite ep of the series, but it's so cool to hear that the band, and especially Bono, went out of their way to make a wink and nod at some of the Scotts' great bits. The fact that they brought everything but a fuckin' t-shirt for the little boys who want to big boys made me so, so happy. AND Bono drew a dick and signed it Bonobos? Outstanding. I'll never be able to look at him as a pretentious boob again.

is this an episode of Great Bits?

• Like 2

I am beginning to accept the wonderful reality that this happened. That the Scotts sat their juicy butts down and interviewed U2 - THE BAND!

Maron landing the Obama interview? Wow, cool - of course, if any comedy podcast were to have President Barack Hussein ObamaCare on, it'd be WTF.

The Scotts landing the U2 interview - WHAT THE WHAT?! No way, this CAN'T be real!

But it's a week later, and guys? I'm pretty sure it's real. I'm also pretty sure I'd listen to a podcast from each and every member of U2 (the rock and roll band).

"I Love Films" with U2?! Bonobos drawing a picture of a dick 'n' balls?! Who would have ever thought it would come to this?! I can't stop with the interrobangs! Because not only did they get U2, but U2 were ready to play - and they love films!

• Like 3

51:30

My favorite bit ever

I always thought Naughty Dread was just a perfect album, just as a, it's recorded so well, and the song writing on the album is particularly strong.

I could not stop laughing, even before they cut away to laugh at him on their own. I was just howling, that was literally Ben Wyatt doing an interview, holy shit that was amazing. I agree with Scott, adorable

• Like 5

You're right. I think I had my reservations about U2 as a pretentious 20something but it's amazing how Scott and Scott actually managed to do this ultimate tribute to their favorite band. I started listening out of irony because I don't know anything about U2 and it seems like they kind of made the podcast out of irony as well because they're aware of how dweeby their U2 obsession is. But then it somehow evolved into like, being the only relevant U2 review at some point; their genuine love for the band showing through despite the nonstop bits, and then with this episode, just the fact that U2 is so eager to humor them totally humanized and made me like them a lot more. U2 weirdly brings a smile to my face now, just because this podcast is my point of reference.

IM SO PROUD OF YOU SCOTTS

So it was a busy, complicated summer and somehow I didn't know that this episode existed until about a week ago. (Guess I thought 22 = 21, inasmuch as ASA had already "interviewed" the band previously backstage, or something, and I guess perhaps the preview stuff I saw on the homepage didn't do the enormity of this episode justice.)

And maybe it's lame to post here and say "how great was that? I'm so happy this happened."

But seriously, how great was that? I'm so happy this happened.

This was super surreal and fun to listen to. The long format of a podcast is just the best because there is more of a chance for a real conversation to develop. Hearing Bono talk about the Clash was great and Scott asked great questions; I felt like it was immediately understood that Give Em Enough Rope is known to be a shit album so hey, what about that one?

So fun. It's amazing and great that the band also thought this would be a fun thing to do and Scott and Scott's enthusiasm and appreciation were infectious and inspiring.

Thanks for the good times!

The fact that this is apparently over has left a gaping void in my life. The commentary episode is atop my list of favorite podcast episodes ever. It's a close 3-way tie along with The Travel Bug with August Lindt and Farts and Procreation 1.

UtalkinU2toMe.jpg

been witteling away on this in the evenings, thanks guys for such a hilarious podcast! :D

phenomenal trev! just brilliant!

Just re-listening to Comedy Death Ray from November 2010 and Scott and Adam riffing about U2! :D

Hey bro!

• Like 2

"Do you guys miss, like, going to a Chipotle, y'know?"

"How bourgeois of you!"

This has been Sick Burns!