🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 96 — Tom Scharpling Again, Our Close Friend

this makes me so happy I can't even

I had the same thought, but then I did. I feel really good about that choice.

• Like 7

What's so great about podcasts anyway? Isn't it just a couple guys talking to each other? I go so far out of my way IRL to avoid that, so why should I then seek it out to waste some of my precious alone time?

I may try listening to this podcast, just to see what all the hype is about. Just to be clear, though, I'm pretty sure I'm going to hate it.

• Like 19

I hope Eggs becomes a regular guest. I love the way he sets that quotable punk (Grease Nose) off! I love how Tom plays off the guys by being so negative all the time. Haha.

• Like 4

What was everyone's time when they had to go darkest, scariest and meanest for a role, like the guys talked about? For me it was Street Fighter 2: Turbo, which never did go to theaters because we all had to go so dark for our characters and the director made us not only act the roles but also push the buttons and work the joysticks. I played E.Honda and was told to just keep hitting Y rapidly and moving my arms up and down a billion miles per hour over-and-over. Y, Y, Y, Y, Y, Why, Why, WHY? WHY?!?!

Bozos,

Coincidentally enough, my darkest role was a co-starring one in "Bulletproof Monk." The original script had me playing the Seann William Scott role, but as a CGI monkfish made of kevlar. I am so method, I had to literally embody the characteristics of an ocean bottom-feeder (the darkest part of the sea where those fishes with headlamps linger).

Long story short, the studio balked when I kept referring to myself as Stifler in the voice-over room and they eventually retooled the script and cast the real Stifler as Chow Yun-Fat's sidekick. Needless to say, the movie bombed and Yun-Fat never worked in this town again.

• Like 5

My darkest roll? That time I took ecstasy during a power outage.

Not a very good joke, but quantity over quality, right guys?

seriously though - my darkest role was when I played Munchkin #3 in my 5th grade class play. It was the Wizard of Oz, but it was about New Jersey (I think it was called the wizard of menlo park, which is what they called Tommy Edison). I had to wear all orange, so I had an orange t-shirt and one of those bright orange hats for hunting. My line was something about 'New Jersey is 55% forestland", but my line reading on it was "New Jersey is 55% forest LAND" (emphasis on the 'wrong' syllable). The teachers kept asking me why I was saying it like that, and told me to say it like a normal person, but I couldn't do it. Was I really a bad actor, or was I bringing something to the role that they weren't ready for? Like a young Christopher Walken.

So now every time I see a forest or orange hunting gear, or anything relating to the wizard of oz, I break out in a cold sweat. If someone brings those little munchkin donuts into the office, I jump when I see the box and usually run out of the room. One time I just poured the entire box of donuts into my mouth and starting screaming "FOREST LAND FOREST LAND FOREST LAND" over and over and then I jumped out the window and ran home. It was like 15 miles on a busy highway too.

• Like 15

My darkest roll? That night I was in an alley playing cee-lo with black dice.

I just wanted to be involved.

• Like 6

I feel... just... SO honored. I have faith I believe in Hugh manatee again. Very first pcg quesht, asked but dodged by Eggs no doubt due to a generous lubing by Greasenose. Always piggybacking, that donkey foot. Mr Scharpling, we have our eye out on you!

• Like 6

Everyone is all 'Wow Tom is back only 5 episodes later!' no one was like this when Dominic Dierkis was on the Live Employees ep (72) then Scuzzman (77). Where was your surprise then!?

Or when Andy fuck*n Kneis was on Jarrad Paul (62) and who's this in Ep 64 Listeners our close friends, only TWO episodes later?

Know your fuck*ng history you plebeians. And kiss my ass while you're at it.

EDIT and just for fun since none of you know shit about this show, Patrick Walsh has the biggest gap between Sean and Hayes visits, with 120 episodes between his RSS Ep. 12 Appearance and Ep. 93 HH.

• Like 20

I was just doing my daily perusal of my Hollywood Handbook Wiki page (it's a fine placeholder until my real wiki page gets approved) and learned that they actually asked my PCG question in the Pauly Shore episode.

I have never listened to the guest segment of that episode because I was afraid it would be too awkward and awful, and because I heard that Sean got called the "h-o-m-o" word on it. The crazy thing is that even though I didn't listen, I assumed that they hadn't used my question and was real mad about it! Classic me. Anyway, I'm going to go back and listen to it now, and you all should go back and listen to it also because I asked such a good good question.

• Like 16

Kara Zor-el is Kal-el's cousin, not sister. Thanks for the episode, but please pay attention when you make references in the future. Thanks.

• Like 6

Everyone is all 'Wow Tom is back only 5 episodes later!' no one was like this when Dominic Dierkis was on the Live Employees ep (72) then Scuzzman (77). Where was your surprise then!?

Or when Andy fuck*n Kneis was on Jarrad Paul (62) and who's this in Ep 64 Listeners our close friends, only TWO episodes later?

Know your fuck*ng history you plebeians. And kiss my ass while you're at it.

EDIT and just for fun since none of you know shit about this show, Patrick Walsh has the biggest gap between Sean and Hayes visits, with 120 episodes between his RSS Ep. 12 Appearance and Ep. 93 HH.

What's RSS? (Please be as condescending as possible in your reply, thanks.)

• Like 4

I was just doing my daily perusal of my Hollywood Handbook Wiki page (it's a fine placeholder until my real wiki page gets approved) and learned that they actually asked my PCG question in the Pauly Shore episode.

I have never listened to the guest segment of that episode because I was afraid it would be too awkward and awful, and because I heard that Sean got called the "h-o-m-o" word on it. The crazy thing is that even though I didn't listen, I assumed that they hadn't used my question and was real mad about it! Classic me. Anyway, I'm going to go back and listen to it now, and you all should go back and listen to it also because I asked such a good good question.

What's the h-o-m-o word? (please be as specific as possible in your reply, thanks.)

• Like 10

I don't understand why they title these returning guest episodes as [Name] Again, Our Close Friend. Have they considered calling them [Name], Still Our Close Friend?

• Like 2

What's RSS? (Please be as condescending as possible in your reply, thanks.)

RSS is Rich Site Summary and it's what your precious little iTunes is actually collecting and downloading from for you, iTunes doesn't actually host shit

• Like 7

Kara Zor-el is Kal-el's cousin, not sister. Thanks for the episode, but please pay attention when you make references in the future. Thanks.

utalkin'supermantome?

• Like 2