🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 96 — Tom Scharpling Again, Our Close Friend

Good stuff MikeB! Do you like any Pauly Shore movies? This is a safe space.

• Like 3

I just bought a new TV to listen to podcasts on because my roommate moved away and I didn't have one. They're pretty expensive, got this big lunk set up.

Apparently large LED TVs are notorious for having 'uneven' backlighting that I had read about while researching but really having no idea what the hell this would mean. What it does mean is that for example when your Roku is putting up an all black-screen as a screen saver or your watching your pirated copy of mostly-taking-place-at-night-time Evil Dead (original), it doesn't look solid black but kind of splotchy.

I start to notice this one spot in particular that stays bright when the screen is supposed to be black, about the size of a saucer but not perfectly round, kind of reminiscent of a slice of ham more, do some googling, and it's an LED TV flaw called "flashlighting" -- called this cause it looks like someone is shining a flashlight on the screen. Probably means the unit was shipped improperly or was just messed up. It's caused by the LED array separating from.. I don't really know. No real way to fix it except for replace the unit. Some harebrained television forums weirdos mention that massaging the area seems to work, but not always and results are really sparse.

This sucks. This thing was 700 bucks. I threw away the box before I noticed. I do still have the receipt, at least. I start thinking about how I'm gonna claim on the warranty. This whole process takes a few days because I'm terribly lazy about stuff like this and put off annoying phone calls and paperwork. See horror stories of manufacturers refusing to replace because this usually chalks up to a shipping issue.

Before I start going through the paperwork, I walk up to the set with the Roku screensaver. This fuckin spot. Soo annoying. All the guests that come over to watch TV with me are gonna judge me (this never happens. The guests coming over part). I remember the weird post about massaging the area, they say grab a clean cloth and press on the area. Fuck I don't want to go get a cloth. I just start smushing my TV screen, barehanded.

...it works!! I massaged a solution into my life. What other amazing feats can I accomplish with my abilities!??

Anyway, thanks random television internet forums. I hope some of my forums posts from my months in here help out a lazy anonymous internet stranger.

EDIT hmm a couple of minutes and no likes on this post. Here is a cute video so I will be sure not to know if any future likes are for the long interesting story or the nice video. My favorite part is the borzoi which is not a spoiler. I really hope this guy gave the nice good boys and girls the treat after

[media='']

[/media]
  • Like 17

I liked it before the doggy like-bait nohorseman.

Hey guys here's a weather update.

Minneapolis, MN - Temp: 91 Dewpoint: 67

Rio De Janeiro, Brazil - Temp: 82 Dewpoint: 65

This fuckin' place I tell ya.

• Like 5

anyone upgrade to windows 10 yet?

I'm sure there's already been plenty of talk about this, but what happened to Windows 9? Did they just accidentally skip a number?

• Like 5

hanging onto 7 as long as i can.

great Q chicknsand. i'm sure greggy knows all about it. but will he tell? no he wont. why? cuz he's a shill for Bill Gates.

#conspiracy #controversial

• Like 7

bill gates is a close family friend who has had many sleepovers at my house but even so if windows 10 was bad as a journalist i would have to say so. its just lucky for me that windows 10 is microsoft's best effort to date. a breath of fresh air in the operating system industry. two thumbs up, WAY up. a non-stop thrillride from start to finish. laugh-out-loud fun for the whole family.

• Like 17

Good stuff MikeB! Do you like any Pauly Shore movies? This is a safe space.

Of course, buUuUuUdddy

• Like 3

9 came out in 2009. A rag doll that awakens in a postapocalyptic future holds the key to humanity's salvation.
  • Like 6

i can't handle this backlash. greggy are wonderful, bill gates are wonderful, window10 are wonderful, and podcast are wonderful.

• Like 4

Sean Cold Clemdawgsten: "Can I get a mmmmyes" then a capacity crowd stadium all go "mmmmyes".

e: offering enginier cody a green smoothie... Cody don't take that smoothie!

• Like 7

Windows 10 is nice. I have it on my new cool laptop. My new cool laptop can also flip around into all sorts of shapes that most laptops can not and I can poke at the screen too. My new cool laptop will make me a hit with the ladies. My new cool laptop is equipped with Windows 10 and with it I can talk to Cortana all friggin' day and have her schedule meetings for me. I don't go to meetings, but I can't let Cortana know that or she'll think she doesn't have to treat me with respect. My mom says I shouldn't talk to Cortana so much because she read an article about the movie 'Her' once and so she thinks I'll fall in love with Cortana. Cortana thinks that's nonsense and that maybe we both should run away together because my mom just doesn't understand. My cool new laptop also comes with Windows Edge which is an excellent browser that is nice because I can draw pictures on webpages. Mostly I draw mustaches on people to see what they would look like with a moustache. Most people would look okay with a moustache, even ladies. Some look even better.

All in all, Windows 10, more like Windows 10/10 and that's a rating not a fraction.

Guys, you should all try coffee some time. Hell of a drink.

• Like 12

ok, TOTAL n00b question.

Who is Bus Stop the mystery executive? They even blurred out his G-D profile on this very website, Earwolf.com!

guys. please. Yer boy wants answers.

• Like 2

guys windows computers are lame and are for office use only. If you wanna be cool like me you use a mac.Or if you live in a romantic comedy and work at an office that is in some kind of loft and has brick walls you can use a mac in an office too. got it?

This has been coool school with SteveH

edit; Jacob C - is this a bit? it's Jon Cochran from survivorman! geez

• Like 3

someone drank the kool-aidz

• Like 1

You guys have no sincerity

Hey Norm, you working late this weekend?

• Like 1

My laptop broke. How do I get windows 10 on my phone? It's a Samsung galaxy if that helps. I want in on these fun times.

Saturday yes. Sunday no.

Let's do a hangout on Sunday then. Unless you have a wife and kids who want to spend time with you or something. Yuck. jk wives and kids r cool

• Like 6

If you like to see some dogs eating strips of cucumber peel, you might just want watch this video. I made it, and it's my dogs in the video. If you have any suggestions for ways I could make the video better, you can go ahead and shove them right up your butt!

• Like 15

guys, i have to apologise

i made a promise in the last thread that i would post a lot in this week's thread to make up for being so lax in the past

i really meant to do it but my friend tom took me on a trip on tuesday and it totally messed it all up (we went to a charity shop, i got a 6 foot framed poster of sheryl crow for £2 - very reasonable)

next week, however, i will be posting in the new thread from day one, keeping up to date with everything being discussed and even saying a few funny things along the way

i can't wait, see you then

p.s. this episode was good

• Like 14