🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 96 — Tom Scharpling Again, Our Close Friend

I was just listening to Earwolf's Lauren Lapkast is a Guest podcast from Friday and she said Hollywood Handbook is going to be doing a show at LA Podfest. Is this something everyone will get to hear, or is it strictly a pro-version perk?

• Like 2

Music thoughts:

"All of My Friends" by LCD Soundsystem might be one of my favorite songs of all time, but I barely like any of their other songs at all.

the live version of "Idioteque" by the Radioheads on I Might Be Wrong is one of the best songs ever. Listen to it. The song ends very abruptly and the audience absolutely erupts immediately. If you don't get chills, you're dead.

Discuss.

Goodnight.

• Like 3

the live version of "Idioteque" by the Radioheads on I Might Be Wrong is one of the best songs ever. Listen to it. The song ends very abruptly and the audience absolutely erupts immediately. If you don't get chills, you're dead.

I'm too scared to listen and find out, thank you very much.

• Like 1

I just checked out Howl Premium, but it doesn't look like it has any new content from Hayes and Sean or Seth Godin. Bummer. Otherwise, it seems very nice and cool and fun.

• Like 2

good hang. sorry I asked all those inappropriate questions.

• Like 1

Great hanging everyone. I'm a little surprised it took us so long to pull our dicks out, but, it happened, and we're all better people for it.

notes:

Veebs. More tats than I realized. I'm really surprised you didn't get the part in girl with the dragon tattoo. In fact, I didn't see the movie because you weren't in it. Still, I'm sure you would have done better.

Soupman. Wow. What can I say? You're a guitar playing, christmas loving, son of a bitch. Fuck Andre 3000, you should have played Jimmie Hendrix.

Honlands? I think that's who you were. You're from the united kingdom, I know that muchfor sure. I'm a little disappointed you didn't eat a whole hoggie sandwich during the hang out. I'm getting strong Leaf Phoenix vibes from you anyway. You should have been in the Master.

RanRan. You're lying down game is strong. I hear there is a sequel to sleeping Beauty in the making. You'd make a great Maleficent. Jolie is a hack.

Chanson. Look at the fucking camera, asshole.

Kevin O' B. You're a clear psycho, but I've already grown tired with the movie analogy bit that anchored this post despite how easy it would be to categorize you. You made me laugh. What the fuck else do you want me to say?

SteveH. Anymore of your shtick would have been too much. So, good job leaving when you did.

JeffirePanties. I loved seeing through your nostrils into your brain. If we ever hang again, please hold a flashlight or candle near your chin so I can see what you're working with in that noggin of yours.

Joe. You should have joined earlier. We had some great school related questions, and since you were obviously doing your homework or some shit, instead of joining in, I think you would have alot to say on the topic of "Would you rather have a zit on picture day or fart when fingering your english teacher?" We could have used your opinion.

If I didn't mention you its because you didn't leave a lasting impression or I'm sleepy.

• Like 12

Who the fuck is Soupman? STOP IGNORING ME!

• Like 8

Music thoughts:

"All of My Friends" by LCD Soundsystem might be one of my favorite songs of all time, but I barely like any of their other songs at all.

Discuss.

Goodnight.

i agree with the latter but i'm very perplexed by the former.

• Like 1

I think Earwolf is making a huge mistake with the Howl app. They're alienating the hundreds of Handbook heads by providing 'ad-free' content as an incentive to pay for the subscription. Why would we pay money to be deprived of one of the best parts of the show?

Mr. Scripps and his cronies obviously didn't take into consideration the fact that Andrew spent what I can only imagine was a full 40 hour work week editing together all of the ads from HH just for fun. I myself spent the better part of a day editing together all of the Cards Against Humanity ads and setting it to the music of Hans Zimmer.

What they should have done was use Pete Holmes' idea to remove the first 10-15 minutes of WTF if you pay for the subscription.

Those are all my thoughts on the Howl app.

• Like 12

Hey, man, just because I'm not one of your fucking wall street stooges don't mean nothing, Steven. I live on the fringes of society, you know, punk rock.

You should try calling Mark. I hear business has really been picking up lately and they're going to be adding 2 additional dumpsters. Mark can't push 2 sets of dumpsters into each other all by himself, if you catch my drift. Hit him up on LinkedIn.

• Like 4

Really bummed I missed the hangout! I really messed up. I was living in my parents basement which was a pretty sweet deal but now I have a house. No time or money for whatever this premium thing is and shouldn't it be included with the pro version?

• Like 3

I think Earwolf is making a huge mistake with the Howl app. They're alienating the hundreds of Handbook heads by providing 'ad-free' content as an incentive to pay for the subscription. Why would we pay money to be deprived of one of the best parts of the show?

Mr. Scripps and his cronies obviously didn't take into consideration the fact that Andrew spent what I can only imagine was a full 40 hour work week editing together all of the ads from HH just for fun. I myself spent the better part of a day editing together all of the Cards Against Humanity ads and setting it to the music of Hans Zimmer.

What they should have done was use Pete Holmes' idea to remove the first 10-15 minutes of WTF if you pay for the subscription.

Those are all my thoughts on the Howl app.

I don't mind paying the $5/month but I'm also worried about them removing the ads from HH. And it's giving me anxiety every time Scott enthusiastically mentions "ad-free", which seems like it's been 800 times already during today's CBB.

Thankfully, Andrew complied the ads already. He deserves a medal for this, and not just the kind that they give to every child, but a true hero's medal

• Like 6

I would sooner $5 a month for a service where all ads are done by Hayes and Sean. Throw in a HH t-shirt while you are at it Mr. Scripppppps!

• Like 9

Anything older that 6 months old will more than likely be taken down today so get downloading HH and RSS if you want archives.

Also get Mike Detective too because I said so and I'm beloved.

• Like 6

I think the 4.99 subscription price is pretty fair. I've listened to hundreds of hours of Earwolf p-casts without paying one cent. Bummed about ads getting cut out on old HH. I've found that the HH ads are a great way to get people hooked on Sean and Hayes' signature humor stylings.

• Like 4

From what I gathered, the ads will still be there if you listen to the free version on the app. They will only be removed on premium.

True. I haven't listened to any episodes on the Howl app, but I looked at the episode lengths, including episodes more than six months old, and they are exactly the same. So are they removing ads in the future?