🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 96 — Tom Scharpling Again, Our Close Friend

True. I haven't listened to any episodes on the Howl app, but I looked at the episode lengths, including episodes more than six months old, and they are exactly the same. So are they removing ads in the future?

Reading around the forums , I don't think they have all the kinks ironed out just yet.

• Like 1

Guys - that post was meant to be a bit of a joke but it seems to have caused genuine confusion. The eps will only be ad-free if you pay for the premium app. This is a little inside baseball, but what better place for it than the HH forum- companies pay money to have their ads aired on the podcasts, which is how the podcasts makes money and what allows it to be free 1. So if you pay for it, no ads. So the takeaway here is - handbook heads, don't pay for the app because we were overlooked yet again. It's the t-shirt situation all over again

1 The 'Hulu Plus Model' is the exception to this. Wherein, you pay for a subscription, but are still treated to at least 4 ads per half hour show. 2

2 I'm going to start using footnotes in my forum posts

• Like 11

Honlands? I think that's who you were. You're from the united kingdom, I know that muchfor sure. I'm a little disappointed you didn't eat a whole hoggie sandwich during the hang out. I'm getting strong Leaf Phoenix vibes from you anyway. You should have been in the Master.

Alright I'll take it

• Like 3

I hope you handbook heads have all the episodes stockpiled. I'd be willing to pay a substantial one-time fee for all HH episodes...

Guys - that post was meant to be a bit of a joke but it seems to have caused genuine confusion. The eps will only be ad-free if you pay for the premium app. This is a little inside baseball, but what better place for it than the HH forum- companies pay money to have their ads aired on the podcasts, which is how the podcasts makes money and what allows it to be free 1. So if you pay for it, no ads. So the takeaway here is - handbook heads, don't pay for the app because we were overlooked yet again. It's the t-shirt situation all over again

1 The 'Hulu Plus Model' is the exception to this. Wherein, you pay for a subscription, but are still treated to at least 4 ads per half hour show. 2

2 I'm going to start using footnotes in my forum posts

Infinite Jest having an effect on you?

• Like 6

I don't know if this has been discussed here before, but Sean was in a Cingular commercial.

• Like 5

I had a lot of fun in the hangout last night. So you know what you missed out on, here is a list of the forumers who participated: honlads, Game of Scones, souprman, Danny Boy Wizard, RanRan, Houston, JeffreyParties, Joe McGurl, and Michael Bay of Pigs.

And a list of forumers who stopped by for varying amounts of time with an average time of 3 seconds: Bruce Reid Robinson II, Dixon, SteveH, HayesNSean, TaranKillemBadGuys, someone named John, someone named Zachariah.

Excellent job, friends.

I'd rather go to Hogwarts with Tronn. Lol Game of Scones! We have inside jokes now! Aren't you sad you don't get it?

• Like 7

I think this was my favorite ep. Tom is a brave motherfucker, those boys sure do know how to put Grease nose in his place, that sack of greasy shit

• Like 3

I had a lot of fun in the hangout last night. So you know what you missed out on, here is a list of the forumers who participated: honlads, Game of Scones, souprman, Danny Boy Wizard, RanRan, Houston, JeffreyParties, Joe McGurl, and Michael Bay of Pigs.

And a list of forumers who stopped by for varying amounts of time with an average time of 3 seconds: Bruce Reid Robinson II, Dixon, SteveH, HayesNSean, TaranKillemBadGuys, someone named John, someone named Zachariah.

Excellent job, friends.

I'd rather go to Hogwarts with Tronn. Lol Game of Scones! We have inside jokes now! Aren't you sad you don't get it?

Chanson wasn't there at all. Any of you who saw him were hallucinating.

• Like 5

Chanson wasn't there at all. Any of you who saw him were hallucinating.

Chanson is always implied.

• Like 3

Hey Forum pals. Remember when Kevin made that that great joke about invisibility? Oh you don't? That's too bad.

(Let's keep this bit going at least until 12am PST.)

• Like 2

this is gonna be tough...ok...

invisible mime? Kevinvisible?

is this some kind of inside joke from the hangout? because I got nothin and you guys know I'm usually spewing liquid hot gold from my fingertips

• Like 2

SteveH that totally reminds me of when Norm told Houston he was doing it wrong.

• Like 3

inside jokes are just jokes that aren't ready for public consumption

that's why i tell outside jokes, none of my friends get them but you best believe the people sitting at the table next to me were dying laughing at my shit.

• Like 6

Consistently irked about how Earwolf and podcasters in general treat Android users

*goes to download all podcast episodes of his favorite shows just in case*

• Like 4

I've run out of things to watch on TV, so I was going through a list of premiere dates for shows and saw that the final season of DaVinci's Demons is coming up in October. I didn't realize that was a real show. Or is this a teen pope situation?

If you must know, because im all about releasing content unlike a certain major company im talking about scipps aka nip slips aka u gona have to pay for that aka nah son suckmaballs.

I had a great WYR question from the hangout and it goes like this.

WOULD YOU RATHER BE INVISIBLE, OR BE VISIBLE BUT NOBODY EVER SEES THE REAL YOU.

PS. HOLDMADICKSCRIPPS

• Like 8

This post is for Mr Scripps.

I see you. I know what you're doing back there. You can hidr behind our beloved comedy podcast hosts all you want, but i see the strings youre pulling. Well guess whos got some scissors. Im gonna dismantle your entire operation you piece of shit. Im gonna treat your mouth like a turkeys asshole and stuff you. You gonna be slurpin this D so hard you get a brain freeze. Cause im ice cold and i dont play. You think you can just take free shit and put a price on it? Oh im sorry i dont want to listen to matt gourleys girlfriend talk about scent of a woman or whatever. I grew up with women and a guy who reminds me of Al Pacino so ive had my fill on that. I dont need to pay 5 bucks for previously free content just so i can hear about other garbage you got slowcooking in ur tiny dickhole.

You want my money? Its gonna cost you 2 knees and suckin on deez big papa scripps. You gonna need shin guards bro cause im gonna drag u around on unfinished wood while u blow me.

Look i get it.. U need to make a buck. Well buck on up the dong tree where ive built a dong house so u can suck dongs all day. And if youre a gay company and i have no problems with that then just replace all dong stuff with vaginas so u feel straight which i know really fucks with gay people. Trust me.

So mr scripps.. If youre listening. Fuck youuuuu. Suck me uppppo. You biiiitch. P.s. i couldnt even use you if u wanted me too (besides using ur stupid talker for a fuckplug) because i am an android user and OH YEAH TIM TREESE IS TOO AND HE AGREES WITH ALL I SAY.

• Like 20

This post is for Mr Scripps.

I see you. I know what you're doing back there. You can hidr behind our beloved comedy podcast hosts all you want, but i see the strings youre pulling. Well guess whos got some scissors. Im gonna dismantle your entire operation you piece of shit. Im gonna treat your mouth like a turkeys asshole and stuff you. You gonna be slurpin this D so hard you get a brain freeze. Cause im ice cold and i dont play. You think you can just take free shit and put a price on it? Oh im sorry i dont want to listen to matt gourleys girlfriend talk about scent of a woman or whatever. I grew up with women and a guy who reminds me of Al Pacino so ive had my fill on that. I dont need to pay 5 bucks for previously free content just so i can hear about other garbage you got slowcooking in ur tiny dickhole.

You want my money? Its gonna cost you 2 knees and suckin on deez big papa scripps. You gonna need shin guards bro cause im gonna drag u around on unfinished wood while u blow me.

Look i get it.. U need to make a buck. Well buck on up the dong tree where ive built a dong house so u can suck dongs all day. And if youre a gay company and i have no problems with that then just replace all dong stuff with vaginas so u feel straight which i know really fucks with gay people. Trust me.

So mr scripps.. If youre listening. Fuck youuuuu. Suck me uppppo. You biiiitch. P.s. i couldnt even use you if u wanted me too (besides using ur stupid talker for a fuckplug) because i am an android user and OH YEAH TIM TREESE IS TOO AND HE AGREES WITH ALL I SAY.

Kevin O'Brien is MAD! Watch your back, Mr. Scripps.

• Like 8

Tim Treese is STICKIN IT with a capital K to Scott Anchorman http://forum.earwolf.com/topic/25100-questions-for-scott-re-howl/page__st__40

Seems like he's really upset about HOWL not being available on Android? I don't know why something like that would matter so much to him.

Well someone has to stick up for Android users. Certainly not going to be you, SteveH! First you leave S&H off your CBB best of list and now you are over there kissing Mr Anchorman's little butt like he isnt even taking away our precious ads!!!

Really starting to question your Handbook Spirit.

• Like 11

I'm glad I found Hollywood Handbook when I did; despite the buzz (and their appearance in the ads on CBB) that got me listening in the first place a few months ago, I don't think I would have given the show a shot if I couldn't start at the beginning for free. I mean, of course I'd pay $4.99 a month for the show and the archive now, but when you're just trying to sample something to see if you like it, the free people who don't just wanna jump into something in the middle, are getting kinda fucked.

But if this Howl app eliminates the "uh you can't complain about free entertainment" talking point that dipshit CBB fans like to use whenever someone criticizes an episode, then that's definitely one in the win column.

• Like 11

But if this Howl app eliminates the "uh you can't complain about free entertainment" talking point that dipshit CBB fans like to use whenever someone criticizes an episode, then that's definitely one in the win column.

This times 10X

• Like 4