🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
SteveH

Hollywood Handbook Forum Fantasy Football Federation

Uh, shit, I knew this was going to be a #fail

I better get my money back, unless we go through with the payment afterall and I win everything.

Hey, I tried to be a compassionate and understanding leader. The Draft King doesn't play those games though.

I completely forgot tomorrow was the first game.

I imagine the Steelers will lose despite 90 percent of the country hoping otherwise.

For anybody else doing autopick, I would recommend editing at least two of the settings. That is, make it so they can't draft more than 1 DEF/ST and 1 Kicker.

In my Yahoo league that has spots for 3 defensive players, the fucking thing started drafting safeties and cornerbacks while promising rookie receivers were getting selected, and it drafted a shitty 2nd defense and an okay 2nd kicker.

They weren't even good secondary players! Like, I can see how you might want a player on your team who will probably get 5+ picks in a season, but I'd rather have a reliable linebacker who consistently gets a few points a week.

p.s. we're not drafting individual defensive players, just teams.

Capture_zpswdhdgx1v.png

I completely forgot tomorrow was the first game.

I imagine the Steelers will lose despite 90 percent of the country hoping otherwise.

A guy who almost definitely raped someone and got away with it vs. a guy who may or may not have let some air out of a ball. Only in America am i right guys

• Like 3

The draft has to be tonight. Its too late to change it. I requested time off tonight two weeks ago.

I hate all of you.

• Like 1

Thursday night I have football and big brother to watch so I am glad it's tonight!!!!! Maybe people would rather do like $10?

Looks like I'm gonna actually be able to catch the first few rounds of the draft and go to work a little late. i'm happy

EDIT: wow, thought the draft was at 5, not 6. ok i'm still on autopick.

I think I'm happy with this auto-pick, overall. I probably would have picked Lynch in the second round, but whatever.

Receivers: Pretty excellent overall, though I'm not sure I would have picked Vincent Jackson a few rounds after Mike Evans. So, I might be looking for a VJ trade.

Running backs: Again, I'm okay with Lynch. Ellington might be a bit of a bust this year, but he's a good 6 round pick-up. I've also got his handcuff, which is nice. Joseph Randle, though. Ew. Maybe because I have Christine Michael in my other league, but I don't expect (want) him to do well and will probably pawn him off for something. Devonta Freeman could be really nice, and I hope so, because I have him in both leagues.

QB: Fuck. ESPN really fucked me over here. Kaepernick might have an okay season, but I hate him (as a Packer fan and a Milwaukeean). So, I'm looking for QB's.

Time to start tinkering.

Tinkering is hard with these waiver rules. I'm not necessarily against it. In my other league, you can add pretty freely (players only require a waiver for a few days after being dropped), but there's also very few big names left in the free agents. Here, we have a lot of viable players open to people.

So, I dunno. Should be fun.

Remember, I'll trade Vincent Jackson and Joseph Randle. Currently trying to swap Kaepernick for Bridgewater.

nobody wants vincent jackson.

@liz ill trade you edelman for brady and julio jones

Would not recommend getting rid of Jones, AKA the receiver many people predict as the #1 for this week

ESPN.com's fantasy analyst Matthew Berry even went as far as to say Jones will have the best fantasy football season for a wide receiver in the history of the NFL

I only took the patriots defense to make lizmuffins mad and now I regret it.

• Like 1

Here's an analysis of our teams from a secret website that I can't disclose. I really dropped the ball (get it?) for having the 1st pick. No surprise, Hayes 'mr. freakingnomics' davenport, has the best team.

Capture2_zps8veuidaj.png

ALSO - I put a poll up on the site. I'll leave it up until Mon and whatever the people decide by then will be it.Capture3_zpspu3wgygs.png Get out and vote people! You kids these days...

ESPN site is so hard to nagivate compared to Yahoo

whine whine whine

• Like 1

Ok so autopick didn't do me too bad, I mean two quarterbacks in three rounds, and the fourth round selecting an injured RB, not bad.

who wants either Andrew Luck or Drew Brees for a running back or WR?

I got a notification from the app that I benched a player (might have said 2) that is projected to do better than a starter, but I don't see that.

Bug, or hidden decimals?

Edit: And I'd maybe do Joseph Randle + VJ for Luck

Very happy with my teams rating via Steve's mystery site! Soo spooky to have unknown entities examing my roster.

It was very irresponsible of us, as a league, to allow ms. muffins to draft brady and gronk. for shame.

• Like 2

Brees for Antonio Brown when I have Bridgewater

Pshaw

How much discussion should we do here and how much on the boards of the league?