🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 200 — 200th Episode!

Andy Daly, Sean Conroy, and Brett Gelman have been around since the early days of improv4humans with Matt Besser and now they are back for the very special 200th episode! Listen as the greatest improvisers in the universe explore the secret code of Star Wars, the lives of the real Chemical Brothers, and whether you would judge a lion killer’s dentistry abilities. Make sure to get the Upright Citizens Brigade television show season 3 now available on DVD, the UCB Comedy Improv Manual, and Dragoon’s new album at dragoongalaxy.bandcamp.com!

- Intro Story – Buying music online – The Chemical Brothers threaten Andy for money after he gets their music online for free (0:29)

- Intro Story – Parking valet tells Brett the lot is full due to “Star Wars” –Brett gets kicked out of various places for “Star Wars” but doesn’t get any other explanation (8:58)

- Let’s Talk Some More About That – Going off on a stranger – Racist store gives customer VIP treatment/following (14:23)

- What is Bothering You? – Dentist who killed Cecil the Lion – Man continues to go to dentist even though he killed Cecil (29:42)

- Let’s Talk Some More About That – Transporting dead animals at an airport – Airport security grills passenger about putting gazelle in zebra bag (41:39)

- Crap on YouTube – Police officer gives message to thief who broke into his favorite restaurant – Officers follow up on restaurant robbery (52:55)

- Crap on YouTube – Mason’s Dream Wave – Documentarian interviews surfers about their perfect wave (1:06:44)

- Crap on YouTube – Post-fight interview – Fighter afraid of hurting kindhearted opponent (1:16:55)

- Twitter Suggestion – Blackout – Chemical Brothers discuss making chemical kills everything and converts them into Chemical Brothers (1:24:51)

Super excited to hear this show, but as a quick comment on the photos....lonely Andy Daly makes me sad.

• Like 1

I don't understand why most people don't just use spotify or the new apple thing

• Like 1

Congrats on 200 episodes Matt.

I've heard every one, and will continue to do so

• Like 4

Hey! Mr. Scripps! Matty B earned some goddamn cupcakes! Get on that!

p.s. thanks for 200 great eps.

• Like 5

About dang time Conroy was back on!

I was hoping they would get Chad Carter as well and get the original episode 1 gang together, but alas.

Something for episode 300.

• Like 2

About dang time Conroy was back on!

I was hoping they would get Chad Carter as well and get the original episode 1 gang together, but alas.

Something for episode 300.

I think Chad's living in New York these days.

• Like 2

200 episodes? Fucking amazing. I am pretty sure that beat for beat, this show has given me more laughs than any other podcast. I can't even imagine how many hours of content Matt has created with this, or how many hours it has taken to do so. But, thank you. To him and everyone involved.

• Like 3

"WHAT AM I....'YO IS THIS RACIST?' OVER HERE?!"

Freaking hilarious. Always with the shots at YO.

• Like 10

never been so glad to be wrong about who i thought would be on this ep. never enough Gelman, but with Daly and Conroy? fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(well that made sense when I wrote it)

Edited by souprman
  • Like 3

I'm 26. I have all the music I've ever owned, still. I like owning it and being able to look at the album art and the inserts (I recently got rid of the jewel cases and use a CD book/shoebox to store most of that stuff). Even though I still listen mostly to compressed stuff, I like that my CD's will always contain studio-quality music that I can rip to FLAC if I want to. When I buy something on bandcamp or get it free, I usually download the 320 mp3 and the FLAC files.

When I go to shows, I usually buy at least a T-shirt and maybe a CD/vinyl/cassette to support them (though I don't load up like I did as a teenager).

I pirated a fuckton of music in the past. Now I mostly use Spotify and pirate stuff a year or two after it came out for completionist's sake.

So, you are weird, Matt. Music nerds like us are weird.

• Like 1

Everything about the dentist sketch had me rolling. Andy plays such a great irrationally rational average Joe.

WIFE: Honey, you're still going to go to the- you cannot go to him today!

ANDY: Why wouldn't I go to him?! I've had this appointment on the books for six months!

Amazing initiation, and 'Six months!' because dental appointments. Too funny.

ANDY: Are you afraid he's going to shoot me with an arrow?

WIFE: I'm afraid he's a psychopath.

ANDY: Oh for heaven's sake. No, he's a fine dentist. He does a good job.You know, he doesn't take my x-rays every time I go in there. He could easily do that; bilk me for money. But he takes my x-rays once a year. You know-

WIFE: So this is a way of saving money in your mind?

ANDY: Well a lot of dentists say you need to get your x-rays every six months, and that's a load of bananas.

Such a frugal guy, AND wholesome and hilarious to use 'bananas,' instead of saying 'bullshit,' etc.

PROTESTERS: Down with this dentist! Down with this dentist!

ANDY: Excuse me, I need to park here in this lot.

PROTESTER: No no no, you don't want to park here. This is the guy who killed the lion.

ANDY: "Is this a Star Wars situation, or--? What's going on?"

AMAZING callback

• Like 7

Great way to cap 200 episodes of the podcast that got me into improv. Everyone was on fire. Even the between-scene banter was great, with Matt's initial rant coupled with another Star Wars callback being my favorite.

• Like 3

I'm 26. I have all the music I've ever owned, still. I like owning it and being able to look at the album art and the inserts (I recently got rid of the jewel cases and use a CD book/shoebox to store most of that stuff). Even though I still listen mostly to compressed stuff, I like that my CD's will always contain studio-quality music that I can rip to FLAC if I want to. When I buy something on bandcamp or get it free, I usually download the 320 mp3 and the FLAC files.

When I go to shows, I usually buy at least a T-shirt and maybe a CD/vinyl/cassette to support them (though I don't load up like I did as a teenager).

I pirated a fuckton of music in the past. Now I mostly use Spotify and pirate stuff a year or two after it came out for completionist's sake.

So, you are weird, Matt. Music nerds like us are weird.

I'm 26.

• Like 5

Yo that dentist review made me like Brett Gelman even more. I don't understand the people that defend that guy, a rich guy killing endangered animals illegally is like Disney villain level evil.

• Like 4

Yo that dentist review made me like Brett Gelman even more. I don't understand the people that defend that guy, a rich guy killing endangered animals illegally is like Disney villain level evil.

He sounds like a character that Andy Daly would play.

• Like 3

OMG 15 minutes in and I'm cackling and peeing my pants because Star Wars - Thank you Humons!

• Like 3

Gary Gulman was great on this one, by the way.

Why would you give someone a fruit basket?

• Like 3

A. This episode is great and this show is great. Congrats on making 200 of these brilliant podcasts. I hope it never ends. I've listened to every episode multiple times and I'll continue to do so as long as you keep making them.

B. Why not vinyl Matt? Vinyl is awesome and 95% of new vinyl comes with download codes to get digital versions of the albums as well. That way when I'm at home it's vinyl but I can still put it all on the old iPod when I'm out. Obviously vinyl isn't for everyone but for people like us (based on what I've heard you say I think we appreciate music in the same way) who like albums it's a great way to appreciate the music to the fullest extent because vinyl demands your attention more than streaming music. And the artist generally gets more $$$ with vinyl.

• Like 2