🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
AsherWilliams

Turbo Kid (2015)

Not all hdtgm movies are bad movies, some are awesome! (i.e. crank)

Turbo Kid isn't out yet but the trailer blew me away, this will be other be an 'awesome' edition or a complete cluster fuck of a film!

Having seen this now (it's on Netflix!) This movie is bonkers. Go in knowing as little as possible and enjoy! Body parts are removed in some of the most creative ways ever caught on fil. You guys must do this movie on the show.

I'd agree this is fair game for HDTGM. It has a tamer Hobo With a Shotgun vibe to it.

Personally, I was a little disappointed though. The initial trailers and promotional material for this film was really, really cool and well thought-out. The movie itself felt a bit less fun than I thought it should have been, though. Movies like these need to embrace gonzo elements with full buy-in, and this one seemed a bit half-in, half-out of a lot of its ideas. I will give credit for some cool minimalist costume design, though, and some ridiculous (in a good way) violence.

I rented this on Amazon before it came out on Netflix and I can't wait to get it on DVD (when it's reasonably priced). Loved the over the top violence and gore, and the villains were pretty cool too. Also, did anyone else get a shaved Zouks vibe from the vendor friend of Turbo Kid?

turbokid_still1.jpg

Sign in to follow this