🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

HOWL Premium, HOWL Originals, HOWL.FM

Heynong Man! Are you looking to listen to all your favorite episodes of Comedy Bang! Bang!, improv4humans, How Did This Get Made?, and every Earwolf show in between remastered and with no ads? You are!? We knew you would say yes but we wanted to ask anyway because we have manners!

We’re very excited to introduce you to Howl.FM and the new and improved Howl app!

Stream and download all your favorite Earwolf episodes that have been released in the past 6 months and go beyond the audio with behind the scenes photos, commentaries and more.

Go further by upgrading to Howl Premium for only $4.99/month and get exclusive access to all the Earwolf archives - This includes all episodes older than 6 months - All remastered, with no ads. Listen back to the What’s Up Hot Dog? years of CBB, back when Eric the Intern was hitting the streets to serve as improv inspiration on improv4humans, and much more.

What’s that sound? It’s the sound of gates locking at the Cat Ranch! Only with Howl Premium, listen to hundreds of hours of the WTF with Marc Maron archives. Hear classic interviews with Robin Williams, Louis CK, and more.

That’s not all! Howl has also partnered with some of your favorite hosts and comedians to develop Howl Originals: brand new shows, available only with Howl Premium!

Check out the great new series from Lauren Lapkus and the AV Club right now.

Already 10 brand new hilarious Howl originals..and we are adding new shows every week!

So stop staring at this now -- go to Howl.FM or the App Store now to download Howl!

• Like 2

Not to worry my friends! The Android app is in development! But for now, you can access the premium content on your mobile browser at howl.fm

Stream and download all your favorite Earwolf episodes that have been released in the past 6 months and go beyond the audio with behind the scenes photos, commentaries and more.

Clear something out for me if you would: can we still listen to the old/new episodes thru Earwolf.com, rss feeds and other podcasting apps, or is the plan to move all the episodes to the Howl app/site?

• Like 2

I can't get ANYTHING to play at all on Opera, my browser of choice. Seems to work fine on Chrome of course but the inability to jump around an episode is odd.

In addition the decision not to put guest names in the episode titles (for CBB) at least serves to make the list of episodes look even more daunting, as it's jsut a bunch of random phrases with nothing linking them.

• Like 1

Clear something out for me if you would: can we still listen to the old/new episodes thru Earwolf.com, rss feeds and other podcasting apps, or is the plan to move all the episodes to the Howl app/site?

Yeah, I was wondering this too, is the "eps over 6 months under paywall" model for the ad-free/remastered eps through the app only, or is the plan to go to the rolling-six-month model across the board? No criticism if it is, if that's what it takes to keep all the great content coming, just have to make sure to add the Earwolf podcasts to my list of things to keep backed up off my primary HD...

Yeah, I was wondering this too, is the "eps over 6 months under paywall" model for the ad-free/remastered eps through the app only, or is the plan to go to the rolling-six-month model across the board? No criticism if it is, if that's what it takes to keep all the great content coming, just have to make sure to add the Earwolf podcasts to my list of things to keep backed up off my primary HD...

New episodes of Earwolf and Wolfpop shows, as well as eps from the last 6 months, will remain free and exactly where they are.

The only way to access archived episodes at this time, will be through the app or howl.fm

So will this be across all devices or simply mobile and will soundcloud still be used for pc streamers? Excited for a lot of you to reap the benefits of the last 5 years, just wondering how us pc users will get our annual poehler ice caps fix.

• Like 1

Howl premium cost £3.99 in the UK which is over 6 dollars, whys it more expensive for us from merry old England? (Not complaining, it's still less than I spend on cake a month, I'm just curious)

Is there any chance that old, pre-earwolf seasons of Never Not Funny will be available through Howl?

I think this is a great idea and I've happily subscribed. I'm waiting on the Android Version of the app of course.

One thing though, will the app have the ability to save the podcasts to the app and make available offline? I mostly listen to podcasts while I am out of the house and in Canada cell providors charge a lot of of money for not a lot of data. It'd be awesome if there is a "make available offline" feature like streaming audoio services like spotify, Rdio, Apple Music, etc.

• Like 1

So will this be across all devices or simply mobile and will soundcloud still be used for pc streamers? Excited for a lot of you to reap the benefits of the last 5 years, just wondering how us pc users will get our annual poehler ice caps fix.

As far as I know, for the time being, the Earwolf and Wolfpop shows will still be hosted on Soundcloud when then come out for free each week. The archives and new Howl shows can only be accessed from the mobile app or Howl.fm for your browser.

I think this is a great idea and I've happily subscribed. I'm waiting on the Android Version of the app of course.

One thing though, will the app have the ability to save the podcasts to the app and make available offline? I mostly listen to podcasts while I am out of the house and in Canada cell providors charge a lot of of money for not a lot of data. It'd be awesome if there is a "make available offline" feature like streaming audoio services like spotify, Rdio, Apple Music, etc.

yeah the only way i'll pay is if we can get them offline. not trying to use up data if i don't have to

when do the older than 6 month eps disappear from the rest of the web?

• Like 2

^ Yeah, can we get a date for when the old stuff is gone?
Scott said they are doing it manually, so there isn't an exact date. Check out the Scott answers thread for more. He answered a lot about the whole thing. It's a hot topic so you should find it easily.
  • Like 1

Hey, I just signed up and missed a bit of a show when I got distracted at my desk. Am I a stupid or does the webplayer not have a rewind/fast forward?

• Like 1

Hey, I just signed up and missed a bit of a show when I got distracted at my desk. Am I a stupid or does the webplayer not have a rewind/fast forward?
I'm listening to it on my Android phone via Howl.Fm, and I was abble to fast forward and rewind by tapping the bar that shows progess in the general area until I found my spot. But I don't see a standard set of rewind fast forward buttons.

As far as I know, for the time being, the Earwolf and Wolfpop shows will still be hosted on Soundcloud when then come out for free each week. The archives and new Howl shows can only be accessed from the mobile app or Howl.fm for your browser.

I noticed that currently the archives are still available on Earwolf.com. Is the archive going to remain there at least until the Android app is available? Otherwise, us Android users won't have a way, pay or otherwise, to access the archive until the Android app is completed.

I'm listening to it on my Android phone via Howl.Fm, and I was abble to fast forward and rewind by tapping the bar that shows progess in the general area until I found my spot. But I don't see a standard set of rewind fast forward buttons.

Yeah, I'm listening on a desktop computer in Chrome, and no tappy/clicky no fast forwardy.

I noticed that currently the archives are still available on Earwolf.com. Is the archive going to remain there at least until the Android app is available? Otherwise, us Android users won't have a way, pay or otherwise, to access the archive until the Android app is completed.

Check out Scott Aukermans question thread. It has the answers for your questions, at least the most accurate answers. I saw him answer that question and a lot of others.

Yeah, I'm listening on a desktop computer in Chrome, and no tappy/clicky no fast forwardy.

Yeah, sorry. I only have the mobile version on the Howl.fm website so it might be different. I had to click a bunch to get it to skip forwards and backwards, but I've done it a couple of times now on different tracks, so it for sure works for those having the same problem on the mobile version. /Edit

There might be a fix, try installing dolphin broswer. That worked for another person who wasn't able to acess through Fire fox or Chrome.

Anyone else getting missing pictures and broken links on Howl.fm? I can't even use the start free trial link as it just refreshes the main page. Main page full of X's instead where pictures should be.

• Like 1