🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 370 — The Brochelor

So I don't mind paying the very reasonable price for all this CONTENT (even though I can't because I have an iphone 4) but Scott's reasons for getting rid of the free earwolf archives made no sense, right?

It's just a push to make people get the app which is fine I guess but tell it to me straight Scott! I'm not a little boy who wanted to be big boy anymore.

• Like 7

As one of the 80% of smartphone owners who uses an Android phone, I reject all calls to stop whining. For too long, we silent majority have been treated as second class app citizens. Ignored by these elitist Hollywood jerks because we refused to bow down. Cast aside because we chose to be individuals. Crush underheel because we're too poor to buy an iPhone. No longer.

I make my stand here. I refuse to pay for CBB anymore until Android has a Howl app.

• Like 2

I like the ads. Probably won't be listening to new eps in the app. Super excited to listen to old WTF and those live episodes of CBB I've gone years without listening to.

If you guys can get old Never Not Funny on Howl my year will have been made.

• Like 2

Also I can't download eps from the Howl desktop site and then sync to my iphone or mp3 player!

This is literally the worst thing that's ever happened, ever.

Also I can't download eps from the Howl desktop site and then sync to my iphone or mp3 player!

This is literally the worst thing that's ever happened, ever.

lol...I hear you. Is there not a way for us to get the content to sync to our iPods (or other devices?). I only listen on my iPod so I'm hoping there is a step I'm missing or something.

Change scares me. Especially if I have to pay for something.

• Like 2

"Download the Howl app or go to Howl.FM and use the promo code CBB for a one month free trial of Howl Premium!"

Where can I enter this code for the free month as opposed to the free week?

• Like 2

I'm very interested in the Howl app. but I am a android user and need to download my podcasts in the morning (long comute no reception on train). I look forward to the Android version which they may or may not be working on developing.

• Like 4

There is a thread on Howl in these forums where someone implied that the Android app is being developed. It was from quite awhile ago, so I hope that's still true. Either way, it's disappointing that something was not ready for this launch.

Sorry for no links. I just have no journalistic integrity and you can all *points at crotch*.

• Like 2

Why is that a fail?

Not an Earwolf show anymore

There's FORTY-ONE of them so get going!

I'll listen to 3 simultaneously

• Like 2

Of course, but it was at one point so I think that archive travels over to here.

• Like 1

I'm very interested in the Howl app. but I am a android user and need to download my podcasts in the morning (long comute no reception on train). I look forward to the Android version which they may or may not be working on developing.

Yeah, same thing. I need to download. I'll still subscribe and just get new stuff the usual way on iTunes, but I look forward to the day they make things downloadable.

• Like 1

They still have the rights to the Hooray Show episodes before it went independent.

• Like 1

Found it.

I don't know any of the specifics, but I'm told yes, it's being worked on.

Until then - www.howl.fm

• Like 2

Okay, Content-Heads, this is the episode we've been waiting for! Not since the Big Bang (theory) have we gotten such an explosion of new content. Fingerguns crossed for some solid premium Hayes and Sean in the next few weeks.

• Like 1

"Download the Howl app or go to Howl.FM and use the promo code CBB for a one month free trial of Howl Premium!"

Where can I enter this code for the free month as opposed to the free week?

I entered it in the Coupon box at checkout, but it still says the trial ends after a week.

• Like 1

"I think we're approaching this the wrong way, and I think it's more of a magic trick that the mother performs."

"Oh, ok! An illusion."

"TA-DAAAAA."

"Is this your baby?"

I should not listen to this while biking to work, it's dangerous for my health to laugh that hard.

• Like 1

Found it.

Thank you for being a much better person than me. It was an older conversation that didn't involve Scott, but this NEW news is much more encouraging than my vague old news that who knows maybe I just made it up runnnnn on sentence, runn on into the niiiiiight.

I entered it in the Coupon box at checkout, but it still says the trial ends after a week.

We are working on this, trying to make it look less confusing. But if you entered a code for a 30 day trial, that will start as soon as your 7 day default trial is over.

• Like 3

Very excited for the new comment, but can't help to feel very let down.

I've already paid for all the Live CBB, the old WTF and even donated money to the network, so the only thing that I take from this is that I won't be able to listen my favourite old episodes unless I become a weird podcast hoarder.

Streaming is a terrible option for me (Commuting in an underground metro w/o reception + limited data plans).

And of course I have an Android, and the fact that it was an afterthought to make an Android app for arguably the most professionnal podcast empire out there is insane to me.

That's really popping my stones!

• Like 8

Is there a way to download stuff from howl.fm, as opposed to playing in-browser? I'm a stupid fuckup loser with a non-apple phone and an ancient iPod Classic and I'd love to have access to just the straight mp3s or whatever so I can take this delicious content on "the go."

• Like 5

Very excited for the new comment, but can't help to feel very let down.

I've already paid for all the Live CBB, the old WTF and even donated money to the network, so the only thing that I take from this is that I won't be able to listen my favourite old episodes unless I become a weird podcast hoarder.

Streaming is a terrible option for me (Commuting in an underground metro w/o reception + limited data plans).

And of course I have an Android, and the fact that it was an afterthought to make an Android app for arguably the most professionnal podcast empire out there is insane to me.

That's really popping my stones!

I agree that the feeling is kinda a let down due to the fact that they say that only the last six months of shows will be available, although as of right now it looks like they are all still downloadable. If they had launched this without that restriction I would feel a lot better about it.

From the Howl app page: https://itunes.apple...d984343503?mt=8

"Listen instantly by downloading or streaming. Favorite shows you love so you know the instant new episodes are available. Read the latest tweets from hosts and listeners, view behind-the-scenes photos, and discuss shows in the forums.

ALL OF EARWOLF AND WOLFPOP

- Stream and download all Earwolf and Wolfpop podcasts that have been released in the past 6 months."

I would assume the premium would also include downloading but I wonder what's to stop someone (not me ;)) from joining the free trial and downloading all the bonus shows I can, and then canceling my membership.

• Like 2