🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 370 — The Brochelor

Who did the what now?

Check the Superego Twitter feed. I guess a guy was already doing this podcast idea.

Uh oh. What do people think about the thing happening on Twitter with the guy who has been doing a very similar 'Forgotten Classics' podcast for a couple of years?

I think he better pack up his lunch and his backpack because he's about to get taken to school by the Professors *HIGH FIVES*

• Like 3

I think he better pack up his lunch and his backpack because he's about to get taken to school by the Professors *HIGH FIVES*

HA! Seriously. How much would that suck?

"Another comedian is doing an idea similar to yours!"

"Oh well, I'll take them head on!"

"It's SuperEgo."

"well...this is fun too...."

• Like 1

Had a read, that was fortunately far more polite and adult than I feared.

• Like 1

Had a read, that was fortunately far more polite and adult than I feared.

Right? I hope they do right by him. If he plays this right, he's going to get a lot more attention than he ever would have. BTW, how insane is the internet that two people has this idea? Who would even think to look to see if someone already had made a podcast out of that idea? I love life.

I know this is not HDTGM but PTF was right at the beginning of the ep. where he remembered a reality tv show where Brody Jenner was looking for a male friend for his entourage... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1244881/ So good luck trying to get "The Brochelor" off the ground whithout being sued ;)

Bromance.png

Paul T Fompkins

• Like 9

Best part about Howl.fm, you finally get to see that the CBB crew traveled back in time to go to Detroit and record this live ep.

8NWZADu.png

• Like 9

I'm actually surprised that this Howl business doesn't affect me. I was worried, but as far as I can tell, the new episodes of podcasts I already listen to will still be free from earwolf.com just like they have been for years.

I'm also surprised at the price. $5 a month. $60 a year.

That's $10 more than Amazon Student, Playstation Plus, and Xbox Live.

So, good luck, but this isn't for me.

• Like 2

I'm actually surprised that this Howl business doesn't affect me. I was worried, but as far as I can tell, the new episodes of podcasts I already listen to will still be free from earwolf.com just like they have been for years.

What made me sign-up is losing the archives - with the new structure, there won't be anything with Harris in it on Earwolf. Can't lose that stuff.

• Like 8

This new model is all Star Wars.

If only we'd been getting the episodes on CD! What a bunch of Andy Dalys we've been!

Also, to take this thread back to the subject of the actual show, while listening I had an alarming epiphany about where Scott's 'wordplay' is leading.

STTNG502Darmok36_zpseeb0e879.jpg

• Like 5

What made me sign-up is losing the archives - with the new structure, there won't be anything with Harris in it on Earwolf. Can't lose that stuff.

Scott said in his thread that due to Analyze Phish and UTU2TM having so few, and infrequent eps, that he asked that those shows remain entirely free. So Harris will still be with you!

• Like 11

Developing iOS apps is much easier and quicker than developing Android apps because you know the specs of the phones you're developing for. Android, you do not, so you need to work on making something that runs decently across thousands of devices rather than something that runs great on a few. For many reasons, it's much easier to make an iOS version first, then port it to Android while getting user feedback.

Sucks that Android users get treated as second-class citizens, but if you had to develop the same thing twice, and you know one version is going to take a lot longer with worse results, which would you prioritize?

• Like 3

I've been a listener for a long time so fortunately I already have everything. I guess that's one benefit of the cumbersome old-school way of downloading each episode manually from the website. Old school downloading > streaming.

• Like 1

Scott said in his thread that due to Analyze Phish and UTU2TM having so few, and infrequent eps, that he asked that those shows remain entirely free. So Harris will still be with you!

That's wonderful. What about the Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Podcast Project Podcast Project Pilot?

• Like 4

Hey Nong Man! Editing out all of the ads on Howl seems like a lot of work. And I think so many hosts wove comedy into the commercial spots, like Sean and Hayes, and Besser, too. Just goes to show, whatever the parameters of the podcast medium may be, the artists at Earwolf can make it work.

• Like 2

Paul T Fompkins

*For the record*

I Love Paul F. Tompkins and I meant no disrespect whatsoever
  • Like 2

I get that this was a bit, but I feel the "removing content" gag took it a little too far.

• Like 2

Glad I archived every single earwolf show ever. FU ew scripps.

These new shows all sound horrible. Podcasts created in a conference room never work like organically created shows. Hence the abject failure of wolfpop as they alluded to.

Best part about Howl.fm, you finally get to see that the CBB crew traveled back in time to go to Detroit and record this live ep.

8NWZADu.png

Maybe it's just me but for me, the '60s ended the day that CBB recorded a live episode in Detroit.

Anyway, given that there are two threads devoted do discussing Howl, I'll stick to the episode and say that it was a lot of fun (including the Howl discussion, which I expected to be a little more promo-like). GOOOOOD MORNING VIETNONG!

• Like 6

If only we'd been getting the episodes on CD! What a bunch of Andy Dalys we've been!

Also, to take this thread back to the subject of the actual show, while listening I had an alarming epiphany about where Scott's 'wordplay' is leading.

STTNG502Darmok36_zpseeb0e879.jpg

kkiWdfD.jpg

• Like 3

Just wanted to say, hearing Scott and Paul however briefly discuss Colt Cabana made me feel really happy, as Colt (in a very roundabout way) was the reason I got into Earwolf podcasts in the first place.

I had been a somewhat infrequent listener of Colt's podcast (The Art of Wrestling) and he had an episode where he interviewed Hornswoggle (a little person who wrestles in WWE as a leprechaun character), and they discussed Hornswoggle's love of bad movies. Someone on another forum I go to said he'd be a good guest on How Did This Get Made. I like bad movies, and I saw Paul Scheer was a host on the show, and I liked him, so I listened to a bunch of episodes and loved the show. My interest in the other hosts (whom I'd previously been unfamiliar with) led me to other Earwolf shows, and now I come to Earwolf nearly everyday and listen to something.

• Like 5

Glad I archived every single earwolf show ever. FU ew scripps.

These new shows all sound horrible. Podcasts created in a conference room never work like organically created shows. Hence the abject failure of wolfpop as they alluded to.

What are you talking about? Wolf Pop is doing just fine and the shows created there are great. I was there too, Denzel? And the new shows are going to be great fun. Not sure where all your anger is coming from.

• Like 4