🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Scott Aukerman

QUESTIONS FOR SCOTT RE: HOWL

Correction: bunch of circle-jerking assholes. If you disagree with something I said, say it. Or just continue to insult me, that's more fun and I don't give a shit anyway.

D-I-L-D-O.

<3

i understand, and hope in a week (or day), after you've calmed down, we can discuss some more!

seriously - i've been through change so much in my career (name of show, bandleader, etc...) that i understand the cycle of people being upset at first. (and maybe remaining upset!) god bless you, my child. much love

I would rather you just not address my post at all than address it with some condescending bullshit where you don't even acknowledge any of the concerns I brought up. You're not helping your case by being smug, for whatever my dumb opinion's worth. If you don't actually care what listeners being left behind have to say, then just say you don't care. Please just be honest.

Correction: bunch of circle-jerking assholes. If you disagree with something I said, say it. Or just continue to insult me, that's more fun and I don't give a shit anyway.

I would rather you just not address my post at all than address it with some condescending bullshit where you don't even acknowledge any of the concerns I brought up. You're not helping your case by being smug, for whatever my dumb opinion's worth. If you don't actually care what listeners being left behind have to say, then just say you don't care. Please just be honest.

sorry, what'd you want me to address? Not being smug, i just remember the post being just anger. was there a question? Again, really wondering. I'm at work and have one ear and eye on pitching jokes.

• Like 3

I mean, in the whole thread there have been people with differing opinions about the transition, although a majority, granted, seems positive about it.

It's just that you're actively being a douche in your comments. That's what people are calling you out on.

sorry, what'd you want me to address? Not being smug, i just remember the post being just anger. was there a question? Again, really wondering. I'm at work and have one ear and eye on pitching jokes.

Ugh. Never fucking mind, man. You didn't even read my post. Enjoy your money.

I mean, in the whole thread there have been people with differing opinions about the transition, although a majority, granted, seems positive about it.

It's just that you're actively being a douche in your comments. That's what people are calling you out on.

How, exactly, was I being a douche in my original post?

D-I-L-D-O.

You know, maybe that's the wrong word. Maybe the word is 'childish'. Childish is how I'd describe angrily ranting at someone who gave you 350+ episodes of a show for free once or twice a week for six years, having never taken a week off in that time. Most of those episodes being 1.5-2 hours of comedy for FREE each and every week for six years.

Disagreeing with the decision-making, the pay model, etc. is more than fine. Acting like a child and throwing all of your toys out of the pram makes YOU the asshole.

I didn't angrily rant, I shared my opinion. I'm not angry--just disappointed. And it's pretty rich to call me childish when your first move was to resort to name-calling.

BTW, ganging up on dissenters is what makes you all assholes.

Ugh. Never fucking mind, man. You didn't even read my post. Enjoy your money.

I didn't angrily rant, I shared my opinion. I'm not angry--just disappointed. And it's pretty rich to call me childish when your first move was to resort to name-calling.

BTW, ganging up on dissenters is what makes you all assholes.

you literally never asked a question, so it's hard to just address the general feeling that you don't like it. But please ask me something, and I will try!

• Like 6

Here's a joke for you to pitch, Scott. The HOWL app.

Sorry. Genuinely.

not sure this is necessarily Emmy-worthy material, but thanks for your suggestion!

• Like 3

The discussion of Lauren's new show brings up a topic I haven't seen addressed - Will there be forum sections for the Howl-exclusive shows?

• Like 1

The discussion of Lauren's new show brings up a topic I haven't seen addressed - Will there be forum sections for the Howl-exclusive shows?

this is a good question!

you literally never asked a question, so it's hard to just address the general feeling that you don't like it. But please ask me something, and I will try!

I don't have any questions. I'm not getting the app. I'll buy t-shirts and premium episodes, but I don't want a 'podcast Netflix' and I hate that I can't recommend amazing episodes from the past to new people. You guys are going to do what you're going to do. I posted my concerns, you read them, and I don't want anything more from you than that.

Thank you for all the incredible entertainment. I'm genuinely sad that things are going in the direction they're going, but whatever, right? Best of luck. I guess I'm a dildo and a douche, so I apologize for being those things.

Scott you just won me over with this bit of comic genius, I forgive you bud, lets never fight again.

V6H7vPp.png

• Like 15

I don't have any questions. I'm not getting the app. I'll buy t-shirts and premium episodes, but I don't want a 'podcast Netflix' and I hate that I can't recommend amazing episodes from the past to new people. You guys are going to do what you're going to do. I posted my concerns, you read them, and I don't want anything more from you than that.

Thank you for all the incredible entertainment. I'm genuinely sad that things are going in the direction they're going, but whatever, right? Best of luck. I guess I'm a dildo and a douche, so I apologize for being those things.

ok thank you! I truly appreciate your input.

• Like 2

The new episodes are still free, so I recommend downloading the old ones while you still can instead of worrying about what people say in the forums....

I guess I'm a dildo and a douche, so I apologize for being those things.

Was that really so hard? Thanks!

• Like 2

Currently you can leave comments on episodes in the browser version, and it looks like eventually in the app. But I am not certain the comments will ever be set up the way they are here.

But if you guys would like, I can make a Howl section here if you guys want to talk about the new stuff in the format you are familiar with.

• Like 2

Ugh. Never fucking mind, man. You didn't even read my post. Enjoy your money..

No shit guys, this comment made me laugh out loud...

Scott are you looking for a new host? If so, I think your search may be over.

And to everyone out there, wherever you are, I hope you all enjoy your money--however much that may be. You've earned it! Live a little...

14c5764c02f8ed979a09b894187ff058.gif

• Like 2

JK I actually bought the 2013 tour, it was great. But i have a new computer and they didn't make the transfer. Upon hearing the HOWL.fm news i went to make sure i could download it again but i couldn't. It says you can only use the link 3 times but i only used it once and its saying its expired. Should I go ahead and email happiness@earwolf.com or should i email sadness@mrscripps.com ?

• Like 7

Since so many people are worried about not being able to recommend certain episodes behind the wall, a fun solution would be to have a "gift" option where you can buy and send someone a month-long Howl subscription and be able to pick like 5 starter episodes you think your friend would enjoy.

• Like 11

Since so many people are worried about not being able to recommend certain episodes behind the wall, a fun solution would be to have a "gift" option where you can buy and send someone a month-long Howl subscription and be able to pick like 5 starter episodes you think your friend would enjoy.

This is a really nice idea. I will add it to my list of listener suggestions from today

• Like 5

I'm happy to pay the subscription even though I find the Howl App a little clunky right now compared to what I'm used to. I've honestly thought how so much content can remain free even with ads, and not just within the Earwolf family.

I'm a little ashamed to admit I only discovered HDTGM and a couple of months later CBB at the start of this year despite being a big fan of many of the comedians and their TV/Film work. I commute about 2.5hrs each day so I've pretty much, and I hate to use this term 'binge listen' to hours upon hours this year and I still have so much content to go. While I'm not a brand new listener now when I got into CBB it was through quite a few of the more recent episodes at the time, and would likely have subscribed then to hear the years and years of back-log of content based on what I'd heard.

I guess my question is, could potential deals be struck in the future with companies like IFC to perhaps bring the CBB TV Show to this new premium service even on a limited-time run? Living in Australia it is practically impossible to watch the show legally.

• Like 2

Stop fighting, guys! You're going to drive Papa Aukerman insane!

• Like 2