🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Ribelin2000

Taken (2008)

The fact that this movie hasn't even been considered for HDTGM baffles the Hell out of me. It is absolutely the perfect candidate for a future episode. To those who have seen it, I think the reasons would be pretty obvious.

It is Commando-esque in terms of plot simplicity but I feel like this movie firmly knew it was a summer popcorn movie so I am inclined to give it a bit more leeway in that sense. I would be interested in hearing Paul, Junes and Jason's take on it regardless though.

It may be fun, but it's stupid. Not to mention overly contrived and way too convenient.

STUPID? HAVE YE NO SOUL? THIS MOVIE OPENED MY EYES AND MILLIONS OF YOUNG WOMEN'S EYES TO THE DANGERS OF SEX TRAFFICKING. IT SERVES A PURPOSE.

I'm just giving you a hard time. I like the movie. Most of what I remember from the movie is that it made a bunch of folks aware that sex trade is a problem and a bunch of women's rights clubs were getting behind the movie and having discussions about it. That just seemed peculiar to me and I do believe there is a quick statistic thrown in at the end of the movie about sex trade.

• Like 2

The fact that a serious issue like sex trafficking is used in the plot of a movie this stupid makes it exploitation. Besides, white supremacy is a serious issue, too, but that didn't stop HDTGM from covering Top Dog recently, now did it?

• Like 1

This movie is perfect. The sequels are less perfect but still perfect.

Taken falls in line with the Fast and Furious movies and Face/Off as good movies that are bonkers enough to be on the show. The acting, the conveniences, the borderline Lifetime movie that it is before the kidnapping. the overall message that Liam Neeson is always right and you shouldn't question him. The sequels (especially Tak3n) may be more in line with the normal shows, but the whole trilogy deserves a look.

This would be a great HDTGM movie if at the end when Liam Neeson gets the daughter back and at the last minute of the movie a wolf jumps out and attacks them. WOLVES WIN!!!!

zvaiaa.jpg

I sort of remember making a taken 4 poster here. now that i think about it. let me look and see....

Yep taken 4...

LOL

23h7fw1.jpg

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this