🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 201 — Surrounded by Passwords

Jon Gabrus, Joe Wengert, and Will McLaughlin are surrounded by passwords everywhere they go on this week’s improv4humans with Matt Besser! They also explore how nuns feel really feel about Katy Perry, a teacher giving their students a gentle ribbing, and what real American made products would look like. Plus, they encounter a couple of motherly cops during the Mope Report. Make sure to get the Upright Citizens Brigade television show season 3 now available on DVD, the UCB Comedy Improv Manual, and Dragoon’s new album at dragoongalaxy.bandcamp.com!

- Intro Story – Required passwords/Joe’s multiple bank accounts – Bank teller only gives Will 45 seconds to make transfer (0:31)

- Twitter Suggestion – Baphomet – Jon gets revved up discussing “Jew shit” with his friend’s parents (14:38)

- What the Fuck is Going on? – Nuns try to revoke convent sold to Katy Perry after hearing “I Kissed a Girl” – Nuns discuss true feelings about Katy Perry’s music (25:04)

- Question from Listener – What was the thing you were most made fun of for as a kid? – Teacher gives students with unique last names a gentle ribbing (31:55)

- Crap on YouTube – KKK member at Confederate Flag rally confronted for wearing Fubu shoes – Discovering what real American products look like (41:45)

- The Mope Report – Besser got pulled over for not having a seatbelt on – Getting pulled over for not having breakfast (50:30)

- Let’s Talk Some More About That – Creating a complicated password –Bank has stingy rules with the number 69 (1:04:17)

- Let’s Talk Some More About That – Superstitions with numbers – Renaming the Nerd Herd (1:09:59)

- What is Bothering You? – Trophy culture – Jon keeps getting demoted because of his Frisbee skills (1:21:40)

I knew I wouldn't be 14 forever but I knew I'd always love 69'ing.

• Like 1

Two of my favourite improvisers fuck yes

• Like 1

Gabrus really needs to bone up on his Jew stuff.

They all do. Why were they having a Seder to break fast on Yom Kippur? Though holy shit, the ending to that scene

• Like 1

Wow one of the funniest scenes of the whole show right out of the gate. Awesome!

Kind of want to change my forum username to Thundercock now.

• Like 1

It gets even catchier when you sing it to the Thundercats theme.

• Like 1

Let's face it: these trophies are for the parents, not the kid. Kids know when a trophy is just a "participation" trophy, and who the best players are, and who the best teams are. But I don't think this is nearly as common as the report about the one team makes it seem. A lot of people insist that this is endemic of some larger trend where kids don't learn about success and failure and expect to be handed everything, but honestly I think that's either just a bunch of old dudes complaining about "kids these days", or maybe people that live in LA assuming that LA culture is representative American culture in general.

I kind of want to change mine to Jeff Hooters.

Great episode, and the funniest part of all might have been Matt claiming "I've been using honey for four years."

• Like 2

Nice pants fuckhead is now my second favorite forum moniker behind CORPSEFUCKER SHITLORD.

• Like 2

Great episode with great improvisers. Also loved the reference to Mr. Robot, possibly the best show on television.

• Like 1

Great ep! And killer cast! McLaughlin makes a return while Gabrus steals the show. And Wengert, well, he continues to be one of the best regulars on the best podcast.

On a titular (or eponymous as Aukerman would say) note, the modern rule of passwords is that if you can remember them, they're not secure enough. try 1Password or some other functionally similar password manager. Makes it easy to change a few passwords any time a new security breach/leak/flaw occurs. The hardest part I encounter is generating a password that's NOT too complex for the site you're registering with.

Love this lineup. I was just a little bit disappointed that Gabrus was not actually able to summon the Riders of Rohan via the shofar.

Great episode with great improvisers. Also loved the reference to Mr. Robot, possibly the best show on television.

the best fight club ripoff on television

Humons,

Here is a breakdown of the scenes from this episode.

- Intro Story – Required passwords/Joe’s multiple bank accounts – Bank teller only gives Will 45 seconds to make transfer (0:31)

- Twitter Suggestion – Baphomet – Jon gets revved up discussing “Jew shit” with his friend’s parents (14:38)

- What the Fuck is Going on? – Nuns try to revoke convent sold to Katy Perry after hearing “I Kissed a Girl” – Nuns discuss true feelings about Katy Perry’s music (25:04)

- Question from Listener – What was the thing you were most made fun of for as a kid? – Teacher gives students with unique last names a gentle ribbing (31:55)

- Crap on YouTube – KKK member at Confederate Flag rally confronted for wearing Fubu shoes – Discovering what real American products look like (41:45)

- The Mope Report – Besser got pulled over for not having a seatbelt on – Getting pulled over for not having breakfast (50:30)

- Let’s Talk Some More About That – Creating a complicated password –Bank has stingy rules with the number 69 (1:04:17)

- Let’s Talk Some More About That – Superstitions with numbers – Renaming the Nerd Herd (1:09:59)

- What is Bothering You? – Trophy culture – Jon keeps getting demoted because of his Frisbee skills (1:21:40)

Great ep! And killer cast! McLaughlin makes a return while Gabrus steals the show. And Wengert, well, he continues to be one of the best regulars on the best podcast.

On a titular (or eponymous as Aukerman would say) note, the modern rule of passwords is that if you can remember them, they're not secure enough. try 1Password or some other functionally similar password manager. Makes it easy to change a few passwords any time a new security breach/leak/flaw occurs. The hardest part I encounter is generating a password that's NOT too complex for the site you're registering with.

Unless this has changed the best passwords are long phrases (with spaces or underscores) or series of unrelated words that can remember like CastleMonkeyHeartSofaPlutoHarp

because these create longer passwords that are harder to brute force crack. Of course many sites still hold old ideas and have too short limits or make you put a random number or character, which does very little to make it harder to break computationally.

http://lifehacker.co...w.google.com%2F

Also, a phrase that is meaningful for u is easy to recall and your password cheat sheet can be a hint to jog your mind

Sign in to follow this