🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 371 — You Got PreDICted!

Hell of a lineup for the first CBB ep to ever drop on my birthday!! This birthday is looking like a definite C+.

Hey hey happy birthday...and I'm just realizing this also dropped on MY birthday!

• Like 1

I f'in' loved their appearance with Colin Hanks as the cruise ship ladies. It was like a many-headed hydra of comedic anarchy.

I thought that one was hilarious, too, especially just the weird thing that it slowly devolved into. Or maybe it's just that I love Wild Horses in general. That probably helps.

On an unrelated note, do none of them really know that the Huey Lewis song Ray Parker, Jr. ripped off was "I Want a New Drug"?

• Like 1

I just caught that movie a few months ago, holy sheet.. probably the best movie I've seen in years. I suggest everyone see it at once.

"I look at it like this, if you're about to eat a ham sandwich, wouldn't you enjoy it more if you knew no one had fucked it first?"

• Like 1

RYAN IS A MALE!

can anyone confirm that this supposed "Ryan" is indeed a "male"?

Serious question. Isn't earwolf dot com a bit redundant now? Why have earwolf AND howl?

if you don't subscribe and want to listen to current earwolf shows, then howl.fm is pretty useless.

• Like 1

I love the Wild Horses and like Flight of the Conchords well enough, but I unfortunately couldn't make it all the way through this one.

The over-talking made it tough to follow at points, and then Scott and the Wild Horses seemed to bust Jemaine's balls on almost everything he said. I usually love when the show goes into 'bit-mode', but Jemaine (understandably) seemed really frazzled. It sort of killed the vibe.

• Like 3

Man, Jemaine Clement is such a sweet guy. It seemed like he was a bit tired but was having fun with it. Grep!!!

• Like 1

I love the Wild Horses and like Flight of the Conchords well enough, but I unfortunately couldn't make it all the way through this one.

The over-talking made it tough to follow at points, and then Scott and the Wild Horses seemed to bust Jemaine's balls on almost everything he said. I usually love when the show goes into 'bit-mode', but Jemaine (understandably) seemed really frazzled. It sort of killed the vibe.

I think he fully understood it since his co-star of the film he was there to promote is in the group.

Jermaine didn't sound frazzled to me at all, he's just as dry and soft spoken as you'd expect from Flight of the Conchords.

Still a bit of weird ep, I love all the women in Wild Horses but there were definitely many instances of jumping all over each other's bits.

• Like 1

I think he fully understood it since his co-star of the film he was there to promote is in the group.

What does Stephanie Allyn being on the show as a character have to do with Jemaine seeming frazzled (to me)? Both things can be true at the same time.

What does Stephanie Allyn being on the show as a character have to do with Jemaine seeming frazzled (to me)? Both things can be true at the same time.

Because he was used to her sense of humor. I don't think he was frazzled because of their interaction, but because he was clearly late and very tired.

I love all the women in Wild Horses but there were definitely many instances of jumping all over each other's bits.

I think they were purposely being disruptive as a bit. I enjoyed it personally, but I could see how talking over each other could be a bit much for some people.

Anyways this was an amazing episode. The Horses were on point as always, and I'm really glad Jermaine played along. I'm a big FotC fan so it's good to know that he's a nice guy off the show as well.

I liked the ep in the end, but the first section without Jemaine was a little hard to listen to, honestly.

I liked the ep in the end, but the first section without Jemaine was a little hard to listen to, honestly.

Scratch that, I just listened again and I liked it a lot more. First time, I listened in the morning and my brain couldn't handle 4 people talking at once.

Favourite moments:

"Santa works once a year, like a commercial actor".

"This is quite a difficult interview".

"What part? What, all of us screaming?"

Then Scott saying 'ahnswers' in Jemaine's accent.

• Like 6

Can we please have Jemaine saying "Is one of the lyrics 'take out your dicks?'" tagged onto the end of all future playings of the Hollywood Facts theme?

• Like 5

Ever since Besser made a reference to the gossipy elephants from Dumbo being the Wild Horses, I can't imagine them as anything else, especially when they just talk over each other in rambling sentences haha. Love it!

• Like 2