🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cockney Mackem

What film got you into the podcast?

I'm a relative latecomer - I've long been a fan of Zardoz and its sublime madness, and during a quick Google for pictures of Sean Connery in a red loincloth (to, uh, tell other people about the film), I stumbled on the podcast and was in instantly hooked...

• Like 4

I found this podcast by searching in my podcast app and thought I'd check it out. I decided to download some of the episodes of movies that I had seen recently to see what was up. I listened to Breaking Dawn part 1 and 2 and to this day enjoy saying "ARTIFICE" when I'm in conversation, just because when I went back to watch the movie after I'd listened to the episode I couldn't stop laughing at the white haired guy saying it!

My friend and I also enjoy having a few wines and watching Sharknado and I was thrilled to see they had done it and have done each one since.

I'm still catching up on all of the episodes, watched Barb Wire for the first time this weekend and so many of these movies have now become some of my favourites - Sleepaway Camp is an instant classic.

• Like 1

I was just googling Kumail Nanjiani to hear more of his podcast appearances and so I heard the Leprechaun in the Hood epidsode first.

tumblr_mlbyn0zgvK1qaxhj1o1_400.gif

It was a pretty fantastic way to get into the series. I never listened to the show in order, just episodes I had seen the movie already.

• Like 1

I believe my first episode was The Tourist and I was instantly hooked. The show has changed so much since then. *wipes away tear*

• Like 2

I was lucky enough to have been a fan from the beginning. I saw the banner for the first mini episode on the comedy podcasts section of itunes and loved the idea of one the dudes from Human Giant and Rafi from The League talking about bad movies (I had not heard of June at the time, but I am so glad I was introduced to her via this podcast) and have been an active fan ever since.

• Like 2

I was ust googling Kumail Nanjiani to hear more of his podcast appearances and so I heard the Leprechaun in the Hood epidsode first.

Same, more or less.

• Like 2

i was looking for a some fun podcasts about movies a few years ago. i found this and DLM. so i just listened to DLM as it was released and started at the start for HDTGM. took me months to catch up. i would watch 2 or 3 movies a week and then listen to the podcast. i was actually gutted catching up because i knew id only get one ep every 2 weeks rather than every 2 days.

the amazing thing is that it hasnt dropped in quality. im constantly surprised by the movie choices and love each episode. big thanks to all involved with the show

• Like 3

I genuinely can't remember how I found out about the podcast now and it kind of bums me out...

I was a late bloomer with it as well but I started from the very beginning and the newest episode out was Winter's Tale hahaha.

(I am thinking that there is a possibility that June and Casey were on the Nerdist podcast to promote Ass Backwards and that's how I found out??? That or Matt Mira talked about it because I know he is a big fan of the show as well.)

• Like 2

I remember first seeing Paul Scheer on youtube for the tv show Lost when it was at Comic Con. they did a panel for the show and paul showed up as a crazy fan based nut who was painting velvet paintings of

. Lost had some of the best Comic Con panels out there.

then later he did more podcast videos for ABC's on the set of lost.

later I was searching for more Damon Lindelof information about I think Prometheus and found Hdtgm podcast videos for superman 2 and 3 and watched them back to back and laughed my ass off and was hooked on the show forever. Those are the only two shows they have done with live video, that I know of.

• Like 1

I'm with you Taylor Anne, I honestly can't remember what episode I listened to first. I know I found it from a banner ad on Cracked.com and want to say that the first episode I listened to was the (mysteriously vanished) Green Lantern episode, but I could be wrong. I know I then went through all the episodes of the movies I watched. Once I had played through all of them, I was still craving more and went back and listened to the episodes of movies I hadn't seen. That's when I realized that the episodes were just as funny (sometimes even moreso) when you haven't seen the movie. I know by the time I had caught up with all of that, it was just before the "Howdies" last year (which I did enjoy, but was kind of bummed out about at the time since I had just listened to all the preceding episodes).

So, I started listening to episodes as they came out just before Staying Alive.

I am extremely grateful that I found this show though, not just for being consistently entertaining, but for opening my ears to the whole world of podcasting. I have discovered so many great shows, not just from exploring the other Earwolf shows, but from reading all of your posts and recommendations. So...thanks guys! :)

• Like 3

I'm with you Taylor Anne, I honestly can't remember what episode I listened to first. I know I found it from a banner ad on Cracked.com and want to say that the first episode I listened to was the (mysteriously vanished) Green Lantern episode, but I could be wrong. I know I then went through all the episodes of the movies I watched. Once I had played through all of them, I was still craving more and went back and listened to the episodes of movies I hadn't seen. That's when I realized that the episodes were just as funny (sometimes even moreso) when you haven't seen the movie. I know by the time I had caught up with all of that, it was just before the "Howdies" last year (which I did enjoy, but was kind of bummed out about at the time since I had just listened to all the preceding episodes).

So, I started listening to episodes as they came out just before Staying Alive.

I am extremely grateful that I found this show though, not just for being consistently entertaining, but for opening my ears to the whole world of podcasting. I have discovered so many great shows, not just from exploring the other Earwolf shows, but from reading all of your posts and recommendations. So...thanks guys! :)/>

Amen to that - thanks to them I found the Wham Bam Pow podcast and now have a rather futile crush on Rhea Butcher

• Like 2

"Punisher: War Zone" was the first episode that I listened to, though I believe that "Leprechaun in the Hood" was the most recent episode at that point. It didn't take me long to get all caught up!

• Like 1

My gateway was through Joe Mande. I loved him on YITR and then wanted to see what other earwolf podcasts he was on, which led me to the Jingle All The Way ep. After that I went through the show in order. And once I made it to The Sleepaway Camp ep I became completely hooked.

• Like 1

Paul Scheer was on an episode of James Bonding (On Her Majesty's Secret Service) and I started listening to the show after that. I can't remember which show was the "latest" at the time, but I think it was also the time around the "Howdies". I tend to binge-listen to shows and always enjoy ones which cheer me up. Suckerpunch is a big favourite for me, especially as I had such a negative reaction to that movie...

• Like 1

I was googling Paul Scheer (after a wicked Human Giant bender) many years ago and his personal website had a link to the then brand new HDTGM episode for Skyline. Not knowing what the podcast was, and having wanted to actually SEE that movie, i decided to listen to it to get Paul's take on it. Never looked back.

• Like 1

A friend who I secretly went to all the "Twilights" with sent me the link to the "Breaking Dawn, Part 2" episode a year ago. The CGI baby rant and "Not-Tom-Skerritt" had me hooked. I'm working my way through the back episodes.

I was searching for podcasts to listen to while doing my daily walks. That picture of of the guys like the poster from Junior made me laugh so I gave it a shot. I'm not sure what the first episode I listened to was but it was somewhere around episode 20, just before they did The Room.

I really like Human Giant and The League so when I came across a show about terrible movies, which I enjoy, with Paul, June, and Jason, I knew I was in for a treat. I'm about 3 years behind though but got started with Faceoff, which I thought was an awesome episode.

• Like 1

Mr. Nanny is the one that got me listening. Someone put the gif of the dog being thrown into the water on Reddit and the comments section mentioned the podcast so I checked it out. Been hooked ever since.

I've been listening for almost 2 years exactly. September 26, 2013. A day that will live in comedy.

I remember it well. I slept in, as I was not going to work that day. Oh no, I had far greater plans in store. Plans of jury duty!!

As I hopped on Facebook before I left, I asked people for podcast recommendations so I could fill my day of assumed boredom.

And just over an hour later, there was my answer, my savior, my podcast. A friend said Paul Scheer had a podcast making fun of shitty movies. "What's that?" I thought. "Paul Scheer? Bad movies?" With a lifetime of MST3K and a mild obsession with Human Giant, those two ingredients were all I needed to hear to know I had found what I was looking for.

The friend said to check out the Anaconda episode, so I downloaded and listened to that first. Live at the Bell House, not too far from the courts in Chinatown, I almost felt like I was there. The insults! The laughter! The Michael Ian Black! I was electrified! At times it was all I could do to no burst out into laughter in the nearly silent waiting room. And my life was changed forever.

And now I'm getting tired of keeping this whole bit going so I'm gonna wrap it up. I know I downloaded a bunch of others right away, but I don't remember what else I listened to that day. There were a lot where I wanted to watch the movie again before I listened, but it didn't take too long for me to give up on that. Welp, that's my story.

• Like 1

I was a late-comer to the Fast and Furious franchise, I had only seen 2 Fast 2 Furious because it was on MuchMusic all the time. My buddy loved the movies and got me hooked, then told me about the podcast. As a Parks and Rec fan, listening to Adam Scott was too good to resist.

HDTGM was the very first podcast I ever listened to and I'm so happy about that.