🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 98 — John Cochran Again, Our Close Friend

Stryker: The Game

By Ensendada Slime, age 10

4th Grade Language Arts

Billy Stryker was in the yard throwing his nerf football so fast that it whistled real loud.....

....A bunch of other shit I didn't read.

THE END

This is the worst prequel to The Weapon X series that I've ever read

• Like 5

These stories are too long. please try to write a compelling story in 6 words or less. Here is an autobiographical example.

For sale: baby condoms, never worn.

• Like 17

This is the worst prequel to The Weapon X series that I've ever read

Really great joke tbh

• Like 6

Really great joke tbh

I didn't get it tbh, but I did like "....A bunch of other shit I didn't read."

• Like 4

And ANOTHER thing...it's Friday night. Why not have a hangouts good time tonight?

Nah let's do it on a work night

• Like 2

What are you listening to?

This week's episode again. Guess i'm a true handbookhead

What are you listening to?

I'm listening to Mike Krol's new record that just came out today.

Here is "Neighborhood Watch" from the album.

I've also been listening to Time Bomb High School by Reigning Sound a lot lately.

Here is a cover of "Stormy Weather" they do on the album.

Also from Time Bomb High School, "Reptile Style"

• Like 3

I'm currently listening to John Frusciante's Niandra Lades and Usually Just a T-Shirt

. On the drive home from work I was listening to The Gun Club. I'm just gonna mention today's bands because I like to be coy and I'm not a slut.

• Like 1

Also, I'd like to say that I'm pretty glad both Sun Kil Moon and Low have been mentioned on this forum.

• Like 1

Hayes' appearance on Who Carted? had a bunch of songs that reminded me of Jai Paul and it got me thinking about how crazy it is that he still hasn't released an album after all this time and he could have been the Summa Song for the past five years, so now I'm on a Jai Paul kick again.

• Like 1

I think Jai Paul just forgot he was a musician or something. I can't wait until he remembers because his album will definitely be on my Lexus Hoverboard playlist. Probably gonna have a bunch of "Feel The Bern" stickers on my board too. Fuckin' sick.

• Like 3

Soupy you pegged me again on the dad rock. Except the JT. I love the night they drove old Dixie Down (I call it TNT DODD), and that Wilco comp has been in regular rotation for a long time.

I tend to go in like 3 day obsessive cycles with music. Right now it's Mountain Goats bc I wanna be cool like Sean.

• Like 4

Seems like so many people these days love street corn. I mean they love it.. elote. Ho ho ho, just a little joke.

Well anyway, I ran across this recipe at my favorite recipe site. That site is so great, because as its title suggests, the recipes generally don't send you all over town to the expensive groceries looking for fresh lingonberries or pearl onions or something. It's stuff you can get from a basic grocery store. I've only made a few things off of it that weren't great, and it has taught me a lot about cooking. I've seriously tried probably 50 recipes off there.

My aunt and uncle were throwing sort of a couples shower for my big brother and his now fiancee and I always like to bring a dish, so I whipped up those 'chos.

Here's a blurry pic of them:

They were delicious!! When this recipe first dropped, the garlic was listed in the ingredients but not any of the steps, so I dropped a quick comment on there and got that all sorted out. I didn't make many modifications but I couldn't quickly find cotija cheese at the store I stopped at, so just subbed feta like she said, and it was still great. No one even noticed! I did manage to find legit crema though. Instead of chipotle powder I used some adobo sauce from the classic can, mixed with the crema.

The best thing I learned from this recipe is that 'leaving the corn kernels frozen while carmellizing them' tip. Just a flawless, forgiving technique. It worked out so well.

That platter they're on is new cause I didn't actually have a platter, though there have been a huge amount of times I could have used one. My entertainment game is now at a new level.

I also made a baked brie but that's recipe is an old classic, I didn't snap a pic. It was good, as usual. Didn't get that new recipe attempt and payoff thrill.

My big bro has a set of male friends he's really close with, and they were all cordoned off, and their WAGs were sitting in a segregated way at the party around a patio table. I greeted everyone, and uncovered my nachos and they all cooed and talked about how good they looked. It was a really great feeling! Everyone gobbled them too and told me how good they were. I'm not trying to brag, more just journaling my experience making some food to share with a pretty large amount of people. My mom and dad were loving them and my mom wants me to make them again for her soon. No prob, moms, they were pretty easy to whip up.

The next time you're invited to a party, try making something rather than pick up a bag of chips if that's what you do! It can be very rewarding.

When I first saw this post, I wasn't quite sure what to make of it. Now that I've had some time to sit with it and really let it soak in, I think this is my favorite forum post of all time.

• Like 6

Also Bruce Springsteen is always in heavy rotation for me.

I just ripped the audio off of the dvd of Houston '78 House Cut that was part of the Darkness deluxe edition. Real good shit.

Sun Tzu wrote "all war is based on deception."

There's no joke here, just excellent military strategy.

• Like 13

Shih Tzu wrote "bark bark bark, bow wow, ruff ruff"

• Like 8

There's been a lot of really good new music. Been listening to Tame Impala, Dr. Dre, and looking forward to Beach House and Destroyer.

• Like 3

I get promos from the UK music site I work for on occasion and I can say new Destroyer, Fidlar, and Beach House are all really good.

• Like 2