🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
GuinnessLumberjack

Bad movie options- Buzzfeed's How Many Bad Movies Have You Seen?

Buzzfeed's kind of a joke. All the "bad" movies listed are ones that everyone has either seen or at least heard of. No real deep cuts there. It SHOULD be called "How many of these bad movies have you seen, and how many times have you basked in the glory that is the flawless masterpiece known as Road House?".

• Like 1

Some of those seem like odd choices. K-Pax might be far from a masterpiece, but is it really a notoriously bad movie? Does it really deserve to be on any list with Anaconda?

Some of those seem like odd choices. K-Pax might be far from a masterpiece, but is it really a notoriously bad movie? Does it really deserve to be on any list with Anaconda?

That's true, as some of the more recent ones reek of someone going through a list of movies from the 2000s and going "Oh yeah, I saw that and it wasn't good". Something like "K-Pax" seems like it belongs more on a list called "How many of these movies do you even remember?".

• Like 2

I've only seen 52 of them. I think it's a pretty comprehensive list, sure it's missing a few gems and there are some odd choices, but obviously the creator gets to pick and choose what qualifies as bad when they made the list.

I'm at 81 i'd be closer to 100 if I counted the ones I started watching but didnt finish because they annoyed me to much.

I'm at 81 i'd be closer to 100 if I counted the ones I started watching but didnt finish because they annoyed me to much.

Do you also have to exclude them if you've only seen them on MST3K? That's where I saw a lot of the older ones if that counts. I probably wouldn't have finished them otherwise.

• Like 1

K-Pax is pretty good, not sure why it's anywhere near that list.

I got 41 with MST3k and things I've seen only with RiffTrax, 25 without.

And I like that the title of the quiz is "How Many Bad Movies Have You Seen?" Not "How Many of these Bad Movies," but "How Many Bad Movies." Judging by that name, any movie that is not on the quiz is actually good. So a controversial pick like "Hulk" is "Bad," but a Larry the Cable Guy movie is Good.

• Like 1

I got 41 with MST3k and things I've seen only with RiffTrax, 25 without.

And I like that the title of the quiz is "How Many Bad Movies Have You Seen?" Not "How Many of these Bad Movies," but "How Many Bad Movies." Judging by that name, any movie that is not on the quiz is actually good. So a controversial pick like "Hulk" is "Bad," but a Larry the Cable Guy movie is Good.

I thought I was doing bad with only 90 (counting rifftrax/mst3k)

And yes, those are the only bad movies ever.

Frogs - clearly as good and as scary as The Birds.

The Covenant - Harry Potter can, indeed, now kiss its ass.

Bail Out - Doesnt need a bail out, its Hasselhoff as a bounty hunter named White Bread and his latino sidekick Beaner, how can't it be good?

Righteous Kill - Pachino and Deniro, "national treasures", they can do no wrong, its almost as good as 88 minutes, another good movie now.

Although this list did remind me, I need to re-find that fan page for The Del-Aires, the band from Horror at Party Beach who sang The Zombie Stomp.

• Like 1

Two or three good ones on that list. lots of cult movies. God I am feeling old looking at that list.

Popeye (1980) forsure would make a great show. . Grease 2 would be another gem too.

Tarzan, the Ape Man (1981) can't remember that one.

The Pirate Movie (1982) is just painful garbage. lets have a crappy ending.

Crimes of Passion (1984) <--- now that's a name I have not heard in a long time.

Ishtar! LOL

Masters of the Universe (1987) <- Don't know if I ever have seen this but it looks amazing.

Carrot Top

Ding Ding Ding I think we have a winner!!!!

Chairman of the Board (1998)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FwkzEol6uM

Carrot Top made a movie! hahaha

That was one of the things I was going to point out the other day, can't remember what movie I was watching but got thinking about it, who the hell does a video will. I got a lot of money to leave before I die and I wish to do it in a tasteful, respectful way. LETS TO DO A VIDEO WILL. have you ever heard of anyone really ever doing this?

I don't think Ishtar is as bad as its reputation. I think Gary Larson is largely to blame for the hate, it's not a great movie but it really should have just been forgotten to time rather than immortalized as a notoriously bad movie.

Also, every time Chairman of the Board is brought up, this must be mentioned:

• Like 4

I don't think Ishtar is as bad as its reputation. I think Gary Larson is largely to blame for the hate

Which makes it all the funnier that he apologized after seeing the movie and liking it.

• Like 1

113, mostly the ones featured for this show and released in the last 30 years.

I legitimately enjoy Popeye. I think that's another movie that very few people have actually seen but just assume is terrible. Mind you, I'm not saying it's a fantastic movie.

Popeye's an interesting movie in that people expected it to work despite not grasping how it really couldn't transfer over from animated to live action. With how oddly shaped the majority of the characters are it was difficult to transfer that into real actors and also to make it sort of a musical was an odd choice. Also throwing in a giant octopus just because was an odd choice.

• Like 1

I got 121, excuse me whilst I cry a little. And how did they not include Hercules in New York?

are we talking about the same Popeye movie here? I remember going to see Popeye as a kid with my dad and sister and walking out later and thinking what the fuck was that. We did not enjoy it to say the least.

love that, Norm Macdoald. just watched his KFC ad of his for the first time last night, outstanding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zruD3vzHxu0

after watching this trailer I still hate this stupid ass movie. sorry!

Yep Confirmed, My father Remembers it too. we got so excited because it had Robin Williams in it. from Mork & Mindy at the time and it's at our favorite theater down town, how could we lose.. this was the theater where we had seen Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back

Edmonton. I am some where in that lineup, hehe, kidding but boy does that video clip brings back memorys... me and my sister had seen that film so many times the film broke, right at the beginning of the movie when Luke says Han old buddy do you read me. lights come on, two mins later darken theater it works again.

Again, I'm not saying it is a movie without problems. But I do not think it is one of the worst movies ever made. And I would maintain that there will never be a better live-action Popeye & Olive Oyl than Robin Williams & Shelley Duvall.

And if you're making a Popeye movie, why wouldn't you end it with Popeye punching an octopus so hard it launches out of the water like a rocket?

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this