🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
PlanBFromOuterSpace

What film got you into the FORUM?

As I mentioned in the other thread, "Punisher: War Zone" introduced me to the podcast, but I don't think it was until I was all caught up and had been with it for a little bit that I started commenting, and that MIGHT have been around the time of "Abduction". I had a lot to say about that one, because I actually worked on it several times when it was filming in Pittsburgh.

• Like 1

I apparently created my account about a year ago, but it wasn't until I got a ticket to the Irving Plaza shows in May that I actually starting posting. And the thread for ninja turtles got CRAZY, so that was good timing.

• Like 1

Punisher: War Zone initially got me onto the HDTGM forum, too. My wife and I met Patton Oswalt at a book signing a few months ago and thanked him for intoducing us to this great podcast. He was even gracious enough to sign our DVD copy of the movie. What a mensch.

As for my all-time favorite HDTGM episode, that would go to 88 Minutes with Pete Holmes. Handsdown, the funniest, most entertaining episode of the show (and that's saying a lot given this podcast's many, many, many hilarious episodes). I think I've watched this unitentionally hilarious movie more times than anyone actually should.

• Like 1

I couldn't think of what the first episode I ever heard was for the other thread. I do remember which one got me to make an account: Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor. That movie made me so mad.

• Like 1

Furious 7 for me. I've been listening forever but I felt I never had anything to contribute to the amazingness that already existed on the forums. I'm taking the plunge now because this movie is literally flawless.

This movie to me is like Con Air to Jason.

• Like 1

Just joined the forums, like, a minute ago, but have been obsessed with HDTGM for months now and have gotten the boyfriend and several friends hooked. Actually, I would say that the forum-submitted Nundercover sequel descriptions got me into the forums. The high quality of those fictional movie descriptions convinced me that these were forumgoers worth knowing! (have forgotten now which movie was actually being analyzed when the idea for Nundercover was first conceived ... oh well).

• Like 3

Just joined the forums, like, a minute ago, but have been obsessed with HDTGM for months now and have gotten the boyfriend and several friends hooked. Actually, I would say that the forum-submitted Nundercover sequel descriptions got me into the forums. The high quality of those fictional movie descriptions convinced me that these were forumgoers worth knowing! (have forgotten now which movie was actually being analyzed when the idea for Nundercover was first conceived ... oh well).

I think it may have been "Hudson Hawk"?

• Like 1

I think it may have been "Hudson Hawk"?

Ooh, probably! But the main episode, or the mini episode? Augh, I gotta go back and check now :)

Ooh, probably! But the main episode, or the mini episode? Augh, I gotta go back and check now :)/>

If the whole gang was talking about it, it would almost certainly have to be a regular ep.

Mortal Kombat, hence my need for them to do Annihilation.

• Like 1

I wanted to join ages ago, but didn't want to join without being up to date lol.. hearing the corrections and omissions is what made me want to join, not necessarily any particular movie I think.

• Like 1

I don't remember when I made the decision that I would become a forum poster. I think I just figured I'd come on, recommend a couple of movies, and never come back.

What made me stay a forum poster was the epic "LOL--Bad Movie Recommendation" thread. For those who weren't here at the time, Paul had announced LOL as an upcoming live show, but we found out shortly thereafter it was only on Netflix for like another week. So a bunch of us had watched that shitty, shitty movie and then ended up having to wait--I don't know, maybe a month, a month and a half--for the actual episode to drop. That thread gave us a place to collectively vent our trauma, and that's when I think I decided to stick around. I just liked hanging around decent, like-minded individuals and talk about crappy movies.

• Like 3

The LOL thread in Bad Movie Recommendations created something amazing. It's been a year, and I still laugh about some of the stuff from it.

• Like 2

"LOL" is still like the longest thread for the most obscure movie. If it wasn't for the timing of things, I still probably wouldn't even know what it was, and I'd be better for it...in some ways.

#ShitDicks4Ever

• Like 2

Hmmm. I suppose there are really two possible answers.

My very first post was in a "HDTGM Movies You Liked?" thread, in which I answered "Mortal Kombat". So I supposed you could say that, indirectly, got me on the forums.

The movie where I really began to post (And I still don't do it very often, true) and feel like a part of the community, though, was TMNT II: The Secret of the Ooze. Which is weird, as that's the one in the trilogy I never actually watched as a kid, although I did read both the novelization and the comic adaptation of it.