🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 117.5 - Minisode 117.5

A long awaited fan favorite will finally be covered on next week’s episode! This week Paul goes through Corrections and Omissions for Theodore Rex, expertly describes why Nic Cage would make Theodore Rex better, and shares which celebrity animal he would be as he answers your Qs!

People of the internet: A while ago, Paul and Rob Huebel did a comedy special on a 60 foot glass bus that traveled around LA and now you’ll be able to see it. Go to vim.io/crashtestpaul now to buy it!

The Hotwives (Casey Wilson, Danielle Schneider, Andrea Savage, Dannah Phirman, Tymberlee Hill, Angela Kinsey, Erinn Hayes) are back and this time they are in Vegas baby! The Hotwives of Las Vegas is coming to Hulu on Tuesday, August 18th!

Also, check out June in Grace and Frankie available on Netflix, Paul in Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp on Netflix, all the episodes of NTSF:SD:SUV:: on HULU for free, ScheeRL on YouTube here:

, and Jason in The Dictator (he’s still in it!).

Oh geez, I hope Paul calling out Marisa Haynes doesn't backfire because the internet is full of shitty people. HGTDM folks are real smart though, they get jokes. So. Maybe it'll be fine.

• Like 1

Is this week's movie Furious 7?!

0j7n6Rq.gif

When Paul said 137 minutes, I thought he meant that's how long the episode was for a minute, and I got super excited. Then I realized he was talking about the movie itself.

Man, I'm so mixed up I thought they already did this one.

Nope. They did 5 and 6, but they were too busy to do 7 when it hit the theaters. Now that it's had the digital release, they're releasing the episode because people can find it to watch it now.

• Like 5

The Rock fighting Statham? Yes please.

• Like 1

I got a Q on this week's episode, but I wonder if anyone has gotten both a Q and a correction in a single mini.

• Like 5

I got a Q on this week's episode, but I wonder if anyone has gotten both a Q and a correction in a single mini.

That's like the EGOT of mini-episodes.

• Like 8

I thought the clothing correction was debunked? I mean, clothes keep us warm-blooded animals warm because we generate heat.

• Like 5

Controversial statement: If Shonda Rhimes wants to make a NUNDERCOVER TV-series, then I think she should. You guys have been sitting on this idea for YEARS. You probably failed to renew an option on your own idea or something. (Listen, I don't know how Hollywood works.)

I have been waiting for NUNDERCOVER, guys. The fans demand undercover nuns. That's just facts.

However, I will concede that the title of her show ("Brides of Christ") needs some more pun work. Maybe the HDTGM folks could help her out with that? Get a consultant credit?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/shondaland-developing-brides-christ-drama-817672

• Like 5

Hey guys. So I guess this is a bit of an embarrassing thing to admit as a fan of HDTGM but.... I've never seen any of the Fast & Furious movies. Maybe ten years ago or so my friend tried to show me the first, but I was never into cars and all that so I kinda checked out and left half way through. Now I know the movies have gone on to get crazier and crazier and achieve cult status but something about them just always makes me turn away.

I know the basic story, and I know it's not suppose to make a lot of sense and just be crazy fun but could I enjoy this movie have never seen any of the others?

• Like 3

Hey guys. So I guess this is a bit of an embarrassing thing to admit as a fan of HDTGM but.... I've never seen any of the Fast & Furious movies. Maybe ten years ago or so my friend tried to show me the first, but I was never into cars and all that so I kinda checked out and left half way through. Now I know the movies have gone on to get crazier and crazier and achieve cult status but something about them just always makes me turn away.

I know the basic story, and I know it's not suppose to make a lot of sense and just be crazy fun but could I enjoy this movie have never seen any of the others?

You absolutely can. There's a bit of stuff about Letty that might not make sense, but you can still enjoy the movie. Once it gets going, it stands alone pretty well.

I'm kind of bummed Paul didn't read Cameron's dino name, especially given how he repeatedly pronounced "DieFledermaus." It was a bold idea, Cameron; sorry it didn't pan out =\

• Like 5

I thought the clothing correction was debunked? I mean, clothes keep us warm-blooded animals warm because we generate heat.

And I believe that the current consensus is that Dinos were closer to birds than lizards and were warm blooded.

• Like 3

And I believe that the current consensus is that Dinos were closer to birds than lizards and were warm blooded.

That's a very recent theory, though, and wasn't the consensus when Theodore Rex was made.

• Like 4

I've been listening to this podcast for a year now and finally broken into the forums, just for this movie. I'm so excited, I saw this in theatre twice in one week when it came out and I already have a couple issues to bring up.

Ride or die, motherfuckers. Let's do this!

• Like 2

You absolutely can. There's a bit of stuff about Letty that might not make sense, but you can still enjoy the movie. Once it gets going, it stands alone pretty well.

I'm kind of bummed Paul didn't read Cameron's dino name, especially given how he repeatedly pronounced "DieFledermaus." It was a bold idea, Cameron; sorry it didn't pan out =\

I'll see if I can track in down. Japan is behind America sometimes with movies, so I don't think its on iTunes Japan yet.

Yea I was bummed for my fellow Cameron as well.

• Like 3

I already have a couple issues to bring up.

That's impossible. This movie is flawless.

• Like 7

That's a very recent theory, though, and wasn't the consensus when Theodore Rex was made.

It has been a controversy for a long time, but I think that the evidence has tipped the balance strongly toward warm blood more recently. IIRC Jurassic Park (at least the book) went with them being warm blooded. However, I wouldn't expect any of this to matter to the makers of Theodore Rex even today.

• Like 1

So I just checked the iTunes and I have to wait until September 2nd, so I guess that's not so bad.

Also fun fact for fans of the series in Japan the Fast and Furious movies are known as "Wild Speed" this one is "Wild Speed: Sky Mission"

• Like 6

That's impossible. This movie is flawless.

I already concede, issues was too strong of a word. It's more of a comment that my Dad mentioned when we saw this movie and I confirmed it when I went the second time. The second viewing confirmed that the film is glorious and nothing could take away the beauty that is this masterpiece of cinema.

• Like 2

It has been a controversy for a long time, but I think that the evidence has tipped the balance strongly toward warm blood more recently. IIRC Jurassic Park (at least the book) went with them being warm blooded. However, I wouldn't expect any of this to matter to the makers of Theodore Rex even today.

I believe I read somewhere while Crichton and Spielberg both believed in the evolved into birds/warm blooded theory it was decided to go with traditional depictions of dinosaurs as not to confuse or alienate audiences.

• Like 1

I believe I read somewhere while Crichton and Spielberg both believed in the evolved into birds/warm blooded theory it was decided to go with traditional depictions of dinosaurs as not to confuse or alienate audiences.

I think it was still a relatively new and not widely accepted theory at the time. That's why there's the scene at the dig at the beginning of the first movie where Dr Grant is talking about them being more closely related to birds. Now, pretty much all Senior Dinosaurologists agree with the theory. At the time, it was becoming more widely accepted, but there was still debate about it.

In Chrichton's book, they were definitely warm-blooded. I remember that being one of the first places where the theory was injected into pop culture.

• Like 2

In Chrichton's book, they were definitely warm-blooded. I remember that being one of the first places where the theory was injected into pop culture.

Hey Fister, did you ever read Crichton's Lost World? I heard he basically had to write it so they could make the sequel movie and he just kinda threw science and caution into the wind for it. Never read it myself so can't confirm that.

• Like 1

Controversial statement: If Shonda Rhimes wants to make a NUNDERCOVER TV-series, then I think she should. You guys have been sitting on this idea for YEARS. You probably failed to renew an option on your own idea or something. (Listen, I don't know how Hollywood works.)

I have been waiting for NUNDERCOVER, guys. The fans demand undercover nuns. That's just facts.

However, I will concede that the title of her show ("Brides of Christ") needs some more pun work. Maybe the HDTGM folks could help her out with that? Get a consultant credit?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/shondaland-developing-brides-christ-drama-817672

I'm sure that I can count on all of you to provide interviews and insights for my upcoming documentary project about this fiasco, "Nun Taken: How Shonda Rhimes Got Away With Murdering Our Hopes And Dreams For A Proper Nundercover". "Nun Taken" would have also served as the tag line for "Nundercover" if we were able to get Liam Neeson in the lead.

If that title is a bit too cumbersome, I was also thinking of just calling it "Jodorowsky's Nundercover".

• Like 4

Hey Fister, did you ever read Crichton's Lost World? I heard he basically had to write it so they could make the sequel movie and he just kinda threw science and caution into the wind for it. Never read it myself so can't confirm that.

It came out when I was about 14, and I tried to read it because I loved the first one so much, but I never got through it. Starting with the retcon that revived Ian Malcolm, it just left a pretty bad taste in my mouth.

• Like 2