🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 372 — Motown Tea

Only 15 min into this but loving it. Love Foxygen and checking out Diane Coffee now. Incredible...

Always love the John Lennon bits on here as well

Oh god. Haven't started yet but Hanford's clueless and dopey John Lennon is weirdly one of my favorite characters. Underrated.

• Like 5

I'll check it out. Thanks for the tip.

you bet.

Jonathan Rado from Foxygen's solo lp is good too.

I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop with Hanford's character... I mean, it IS actually Ringo Starr masquerading as John Lennon, right?

No?

• Like 3

John Lennon is one of my favorite characters. I have never been a fan of the Beatles, and it's clear that Hanford knows as little about them as I do. He's a tasty, thrashable little character.

Agreed. I'm not a HUGE Beatles fan so I was scared that I wouldn't pick up on certain references. This was off putting at first, but after actually hearing what the character was I've come to love it.

Also, Horatio hit it out of the park again. I loved his character and I give him bonus points for coming up with the most grating voice I've ever heard on this podcast.

• Like 2

I always appreciate the muuuusical guests, but I sometimes tend to tune out a bit during their performances. Not this time though, Diane Coffee was incredible! Checking out some of the studio stuff now, and I'm getting a kind of dreamy Twin Peaks vibe from it. I'll definitely be participating in the CBB bump this time :)

• Like 1

A Twin Peaks vibe from something with the words Diane and coffee in it? Kind of a stretch. Damn good, Coffee, though.

• Like 7

"Well, every night after the show, he'd get out from behind them and leave." And then I died, and my ghost is typing this.

• Like 4

Diane Coffee was amazing, but the musical interlude that struck me the most was The Ballad of Whistlin' Pete.

Whistlin' Pete, when're ya gonna whistle?

Not right now, I'm sittin' on a thistle.

~ding dada ding dada ~

Stunning.

• Like 12

A Twin Peaks vibe from something with the words Diane and coffee in it? Kind of a stretch. Damn good, Coffee, though.

Holy damn cow! That was almost like a "mares eat oats" moment for me

• Like 3

When it comes to military underwater equipment people want the truth

I fucking love hanford's Lennon

Fantastic Ep

• Like 3

"7 X 12? That's a weird dimension for a photograph!" had me rolling because that was the first thing I thought too when Horatio said that.

Very glad to hear Horatio again on CBB!

I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop with Hanford's character... I mean, it IS actually Ringo Starr masquerading as John Lennon, right?

No?

Scott mentioned to Hanford/Lennon that he wrote a song about an Octopus, and Hanford acknowledged that he did write Octopus's Garden....which as we all know was written/sung by Ringo! I was expecting someone to follow up on that, but no one did :(

• Like 3

Scott mentioned to Hanford/Lennon that he wrote a song about an Octopus, and Hanford acknowledged that he did write Octopus's Garden....which as we all know was written/sung by Ringo! I was expecting someone to follow up on that, but no one did :(

This is part of the conceit/beauty of Hanford's Lennon - he knows nothing about the Beatles. In this ep he also says when talking about 'Day in the Life' "...but I came up with a tune 'Get up and out of bed'" which is from the section where the lyrics and music were written by Paul McCartney. So the "he is actually Ringo" theory doesn't hold up.

• Like 2

Random slam on Milwaukee outta nowhere

Pretty sure that song was not created with intent to use it as a plugs submission

• Like 2