🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 99 — Paul Rust Again, Our Close Friend

I'm watching Daredevil on Netflix. Question: is Vincnet Dinofrio doing a good job or a bad job acting in this show ? Sometimes I can't tell.

• Like 6

(trying to decide if I should tell Steve that "1000 lakes" was Kevin's sly joke from another hang or if I should let him have that one.)

• Like 2

Nice try. Watch your back, Soupy. The cat is out of the bag now. I'm going straight to the NY Times with this one brother.

• Like 4

I'm watching Daredevil on Netflix. Question: is Vincnet Dinofrio doing a good job or a bad job acting in this show ? Sometimes I can't tell.

I finished the whole show and I legitimately have no idea. He succeeded at something. I just have no idea what it is.

• Like 2

I think he succeeded at talking in a dumb voice and looking like that sassy castrated fellow from GoT

What the fuck is even happening in here anymore? Holy fucking shit.

• Like 6

let's all discuss Chanson's strange usage of the word "anymore". I have heard people use it this way, and thought it was weird. I looked it up and I remember reading it was something people said in the western PA/NY/OH area. By all accounts, Chanson is from Washington so I am thoroughly perplexed.

• Like 4

Finally listened.

Good episode

I know you were waiting for my thoughts.

top 3 favorite things about America...GO!

follow up: top 3 least favorite things

let's all discuss Chanson's strange usage of the word "anymore". I have heard people use it this way, and thought it was weird. I looked it up and I remember reading it was something people said in the western PA/NY/OH area. By all accounts, Chanson is from Washington so I am thoroughly perplexed.

Well, my mom's dad is from Chautauqua County, NY... so, that could be it. But it's not that uncommon to use "anymore" like that as far as I'm aware. Also he grew up on Vashon Island and his mother is from Black Diamond, WA, so I don't think that's it.

It could be my Dad, but he's from Pennington, NJ and his mother is from Trenton, while his father is from Millport, NY. So that also seems like a possibility.

My mom's mother, who also grew up on Vashon Island, her parents are both from Edmonton, Alberta, so maybe it's a Canadian thing? I have one of their weird passports with my face in it... Does that answer the question? I don't know.

ORRRRRRRRRRRRRR... maybe it's a thing that everyone says and where you live is weird and don't say it. That seems like the most likely thing. Because I'm sure I picked it up from TV movies radio music advertising and I live in a place that has very few local turns of phrase that don't directly come from Chinook Jargon. Furthermore, you brought it up, no one else did. I cannot help but think this isn't a coincidence. You, sir, have outed yourself and your region as being abnormal and talking funny.

• Like 11

My dad is from Chautauqua county.

Mayville represent.

PS - Jeffrey, are we related?

• Like 2

you most have gotten from pop culture, like you said. Like that show "Chelsea, Anymore"

• Like 5

i had a friend from PA who would misuse anymore a bunch and we would all make fun of her, we should do that with chanson.

• Like 5

the voice Vincent D was doing in DareDevil reminds me of the greatest CBB character of all TIME, The Timekeeper.

• Like 4

should have made daredevil a podcast, would have been truer to the character

one of the best posts i anymore made

• Like 16

If you guys haven't listened to the Rafflecast Johnny's Bananas writers room episodes you should do it. I'm relistening they might be the funniest non-HH things released on Earwolf.

• Like 2

Hey guys, so last night I ended up at some insane wrestling event that took place in the parking lot of an American Legion in New Jersey. It was wild.

• Like 12

Hey guys, so last night I ended up at some insane wrestling event that took place in the parking lot of an American Legion in New Jersey. It was wild.

So did you win?

• Like 10