🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 118 - Furious 7: LIVE

Dude...

If only someone had quoted someone else making the exact same joke on the same page he posted!

• Like 3

If only someone had quoted someone else making the exact same joke on the same page he posted!

I didn't know that the ghost of Milton Berle had a account on the Earwolf forums...

Here's my title for Fast 10:

Fast 10: They Use the Wrong Side of the Maxi Pad in the Glove Box to Bandage Dom's Wound: the Movie.

I realize that's a mouthful, but we can easily abbreviate it to F10TUWSMPGBBDWM for simplification.

• Like 5

Well 10 is still quite a ways away, and they probably already have a working title for 8, so probably best to try and find names for 9 instead.

In fact, I think I just this very minute came up with a good one. Fast Nine: Your Seatbelts

• Like 7

And if only THAT comment was the very first comment on said page...

• Like 2

Well 10 is still quite a ways away, and they probably already have a working title for 8, so probably best to try and find names for 9 instead.

In fact, I think I just this very minute came up with a good one. Fast Nine: Your Seatbelts

Ooh, great idea, I have one too. Fast Nein. The Family races in Germany, thinking that none of the autobahns has speed limits. They are wrong.

• Like 4

I wonder what prompted Paul to ask--seemingly out of nowhere--if there were Fast & Furious fanfiction. The audience member who answered the question is great. Unflappable under Jason's ribbing.

I rolled my eyes hard at her football "zinger."

• Like 1

Fast 10: They Use the Wrong Side of the Maxi Pad in the Glove Box to Bandage Dom's Wound: the Movie.

In what ep and movie do they reference / use a maxI pad to cover a wound?

• Like 1

In what ep and movie do they reference / use a maxI pad to cover a wound?

That's from the Jupiter Ascending episode. And it got mentioned, like, every other page in the thread for that ep.

• Like 2

Paul and Rob Huebel are on the Nerdist podcast today promoting Crash Test. There's some talk of Furious 7 and Maximum Overdrive (spoilers for the next full ep?). But the most important thing I learned is that June has special nicknames for people in her phone. Paul is "Special Bunny."

Pitch for Fast 8:

0a6c68bc6a982bbde80d6f8362d4292c.jpg

• Like 5

Paul and Rob Huebel are on the Nerdist podcast today promoting Crash Test. There's some talk of Furious 7 and Maximum Overdrive (spoilers for the next full ep?). But the most important thing I learned is that June has special nicknames for people in her phone. Paul is "Special Bunny."

Yeah, I listened to it as well and was really close to proposing another universal Display Name change for the forums where we all changed our display names to variations of "Special Bunny 1, 2, 3, etc..." Unfortunately, my last attempt at these types of hijinks didn't go as well as I'd hoped. :(

But the most important thing I learned is that June has special nicknames for people in her phone. Paul is "Special Bunny."

Is that what she also calls her computer folder that she tries to hide stuff in? I can't remember what ep Paul said June had a secret computer folder

• Like 1

I realize that's a mouthful, but we can easily abbreviate it to F10TUWSMPGBBDWM for simplification.

Will the first line of the movie be, "I don't know if someone else already said this, but..."

• Like 4

Is that what she also calls her computer folder that she tries to hide stuff in? I can't remember what ep Paul said June had a secret computer folder

That was Sharknado 3.

(Also, the fact she calls Paul that just confirms that she's the most adorable person on the planet)

Will the first line of the movie be, "I don't know if someone else already said this, but..."

That or, "Look, I can't be bothered to go back and remember what happened in the other movies...no offence, Letty."

• Like 1

Pitch for Fast 8:

0a6c68bc6a982bbde80d6f8362d4292c.jpg

"Are you one of those male bunnies who prefers hrududus to does?"

• Like 1

Okay I don't know if this was talked about earlier in the thread but who the fuck is Taylor Lautner to pass up on a role in one of the biggest movie franchises in the last 10 years? Seriously was he busy shooting another straight-to-DVD thriller? It's not like it was a bit role either but rather a role that seems to be getting built up in future movies. That decision might be the second worst role passover since Josh Hartnett passed on the ability to play Superman in Superman Returns

Also can anyone else see them jumping right to Fast 10 from this one and when people ask the director just says, "they were so fast we already made it to the tenth one?"

Okay I don't know if this was talked about earlier in the thread but who the fuck is Taylor Lautner to pass up on a role in one of the biggest movie franchises in the last 10 years? Seriously was he busy shooting another straight-to-DVD thriller? It's not like it was a bit role either but rather a role that seems to be getting built up in future movies. That decision might be the second worst role passover since Josh Hartnett passed on the ability to play Superman in Superman Returns

Actually, I think Paul had this one wrong. My understanding was that Lautner was the one that wanted into the franchise, but the producers and James Wan said "No thanks." Washington was the only one actually offered the part before Russell.

Actually, I think Paul had this one wrong. My understanding was that Lautner was the one that wanted into the franchise, but the producers and James Wan said "No thanks." Washington was the only one actually offered the part before Russell.

Okay that makes sense, before it sort of had the same feeling as when Jon Bon Jovi, Christian Slater, and Patrick "not a real person" Muldoon passing on the lead role in Speed 2.

Are you sure it wasn't "Special Hummy"?

• Like 3

During audience questions, with everyone doing the Vin Diesel "We're family." line; was anyone else just waiting for someone to go, "WE are Groot!" ?

• Like 1

Hey hey, I haven't finished he episode yet, so maybe this was touched upon, but a lot of people don't realize that the Fast world is one movie bigger than it appears. In 2002, Justin Lin made a movie called Better Luck Tomorrow, in which Sung Kang plays the character of Han Seoul-Oh. Not only does this add to the history of Han, but it also explains why Toretto had to bring Han's body home, as Better Luck Tomorrow establishes that han is from America.

Another thing to consider about this series is that they make a very big point out of not showing major characters dying on screen. We've only seen Han near an explosion which, as indicated by Letty's "death", is not conclusive. Also, Giselle suffered the same fate as Owen Shaw (falling into the darkness on the runway), and Shaw isn't dead, so we can't conclusively declare her dead either.

Fun thought: Toretto takes a wife while wearing a wife beater. Family.

Finally, I have a theory regarding Kurt Russell's character. It is my belief that he was originally supposed to be revealed as Brian's father, but this was written out after the untimely death of Paul Walker. Just a theory, but Russell's sudden exit and his final line where it sounds like he's about to drop a big truth bomb but instead just suggests Toretto try a different beer indicates a rewrite to me.

• Like 1

In Fast & Furious 6, Owen Shaw and Dominic Toretto have a scene in which they discuss their different ideologies. Shaw declares that he is about efficiency. If a member of his team gets injured or killed on the job, he sees it as a sign of their weakness and feels that his team is now stronger for having lost them. He does not care about familial bonds, only money and cars, and sees Toretto's love for his fambly as a weakness. On the other side of the coin is Toretto, who sees his fambly as the most important thing, and sees Shaws non-capacity for emotional bonding as a weakness. As a result, they must do battle...

...but in Furious 7 we meet Deckard Shaw, whose ONLY concern is fambly. He, much like the Fast Fambly, is out solely for revenge, and will kill anybody who stops him from attaining vengeance. So really, Deckard Shaw and the members of the Fast Fambly could easily be friends. Then again, Dominic Toretto doesn't have friends ... he has fambly.

• Like 3

This movie is perfect but I still wish Tony Jaa had been cast as a good guy so we could have seen The Transporter fight The Protector.

During the audience questions someone posited the idea that Deckard Shaw should wind up with amnesia and then become Chev Chelios thus uniting the Fast & Furious and Crank universes, but I think he had it all wrong. See - the reason Shaw couldn't bring down Toretto and his crew was because he didn't have the singular focus on the one skill needed to get the job done - driving. Sure, he can drive, but it's not his obsession. So in Fast 8 what they oughta do is have Shaw's twin brother Frank show up to get the job done because he's the goddamn Transporter and he's the fucking best at car fighting. Say Frank took the last name Martin because he had to go into hiding when he was doing all his Transporting or whatever bullshit you need - hell, you were able to retcon Tokyo Drift to be the actual 8th movie in the franchise, you can come up with something. But then Frank sees that his family is for shit and that Toretto's family is the truth so he double crosses his brothers, car fights them and then joins the good guy car fighters for Fast 9 & 10.

Right? You're fucking A right it's right.

Omission: Who should play the Shaw dad? LIAM NEESON!!!

Just imagine Taken/Run All Night with more cars and ass-kicking!