🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 373 — Vocal Fry

I loved Willie. I was literally crying from laughing so hard at his "dialect coaching." I'll be saying "Ay nay!" all week now.

• Like 3

I used to think Brendon Small could do no wrong, but I thought Willy Mapleton was aggravating and unfunny from the get-go--so the best part of this episode was hearing "Scott-the-host"'s annoyance with Willy gradually turn into "real Scott"'s dislike of the actual character. Loved that it was so clearly conveyed, to the point of Brendon-as-Tiny admitting "this might have been a misstep."

By any chance, did you also think Scott was genuinely indignant at Brett Gelman after he read iBrain?

• Like 5

the first segment was sort of like an unintentional, unironic episode of Hollywood Handbook, but the second segment was great. I found it relatable since I, too, have no idea how to do an Australian accent outside of replacing the sound "oh" with "oi"

• Like 2

the Tiny fainting bit still makes me crack up and I'm glad Scott finally got some serious call sheet answers. Hilarious episode but i pray they do not keep Willie's tag on the end of the plugs theme.

• Like 4

When they asked Willie if he was nominated for any awards I was sure he had one for a Goilden Gloibe or a Toiny.

• Like 2

I actually liked that plug theme a lot, but as soon as it went into the second verse, I thought, "Uh-oi, Scott is not going to like this one bit!"

P.S. Victor and Tiny for President 2016!

• Like 5

the Tiny fainting bit still makes me crack up and I'm glad Scott finally got some serious call sheet answers. Hilarious episode but i pray they do not keep Willie's tag on the end of the plugs theme.

Honest mistake, but I think you meant Victor!

• Like 1

Seems like Scott and Willie really have some beef developing in this episode. Unless they can resolve this I don't know if we are going to see Willie return. I hope that Scott doesn't ban him from appearing on other Earwolf affiliated podcasts.

• Like 1

Seems like Scott and Willie really have some beef developing in this episode. Unless they can resolve this I don't know if we are going to see Willie return. I hope that Scott doesn't ban him from appearing on other Earwolf affiliated podcasts.

Beef not over.

• Like 3

That plug theme was magnificent. I enjoyed Willie but I did not enjoy that we got less Victor and Tiny on account of him!

• Like 2

Great bonus ep of CBB. (in the middle of this weeks Hollywood Handbook.)

• Like 4

Brendon Small is one of my absolute favourite guests. This might have put him into the top spot.

Uh oi!

I've been a big Brendon Small fan since the days of "Home Movies" and I think he's possibly my favorite guest, too. He's hilarious.

• Like 4

Victor and Tiny are the best.

Willie is best never heard of again,

• Like 1

I felt like a real idiot during this episode considering where I'm from but it was a long day and drive home.

But I found myself trying to do the Australian voices along with them, after a solid 5mins I said "what in the hell am I doing right now?"

Don't you mean that you said "Woit een thoi hoiel oim oi deeoying reoight neoiw?"

• Like 6

Brendon Small IS a goddamn genius. Victor and Tiny are hilarious.

Brendon Small is a TERRIBLE Star Wars fan! Boba Fett IS a clone of Jango Fett! More specifically, he is an unaltered clone that Jango requested as his payment from the Kaminoans, for serving as the template for the clone armies ordered by Darth Sidious (under the guise of Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas, of course). Jango Fett did RAISE Boba Fett as his son, but Brendon's correction in this episode is FLATLY WRONG.

While I agree with all of your Star Wars facts (please write a Star Wars facts theme song, Andy Samberg), I will not stand for your cyber bullying of Brendon Small.

• Like 4

Top 3 ep of the year for me, right here!

Eric Stonestreet was a great guest, who played a perfect straight man to Small.

I love Willie Mapleton, who I thought sounded like a bad Leno impression mixed with Jiminy Glick and tons of vocal fry. I hope we hear from him again. Scott hating him was just icing on the cake. Grepisode, C+!!!

• Like 10

Top 3 ep of the year for me, right here!

Eric Stonestreet was a great guest, who played a perfect straight man to Small.

I love Willie Mapleton, who I thought sounded like a bad Leno impression mixed with Jiminy Glick and tons of vocal fry. I hope we hear from him again. Scott hating him was just icing on the cake. Grepisode, C+!!!

I strongly agree with all of this. The pouting from Willie was just fucked, you could almost see Brendon Small's face all scrunched up when he's doing that voice. I hope he returns with Victor and Tiny, and I hope next time we hear more interplay between all three of them. Eric Stonestreet was great in the interview too! Scott's enormous amount of genuine joy when discussing the call sheet was palpable (and hilarious).

• Like 3

Holy shit I've been away from my comp so I couldn't comment but this might be my favorite episode Willie was my fucking favorite I love him. The grumpy voice and sniveling made me lose my shit!!

Scott cracking up and then getting annoyed by Willie's voice changes were killing me. And when Willie would get annoyed at Scott and snap "Just ask me the question" or "You stop making that face over there" or whatever were amazing.

I want more Willie! He can come back. Please!

• Like 4