Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sanjay Yngwie Gupta Malmsteen

---

---

• Like 1

---

Are you serious or just trolling? If you're serious about all that you wrote then that makes you the worst person ever. You're terrible.

• Like 1

I've always said a good argument contains zero examples of the thing one is arguing about. So, well done. I particularly liked the part where you stated that this now retroactively exposes a deep-rooted hatred for Jewish people that's supposedly evident in the history of the entire show, even within Paul F. Tompkins. I thought it was interesting because I can't even think of a single instance where Jewish people are mentioned, outside of Jessica St. Claire asking if Scott's Jewish on one episode. And on that note, I'd also be interested in hearing about your thoughts on the way Asian people are portrayed in the last couple Womptaculars/Wompler's birthday episodes, which apprently you had absolutely no problem with.

• Like 8

So I'm sure you have a problem with all the 9/11 and pedophilia jokes as well as all the sexist and racist humor that happens all the time, as well. No? Oh, you're just upset because these jokes were offensive to you personally? I guess that explains it, then. You're just salty as fuck.

Don't pretend that your refusal to fully engage with the context of the show and its sense of humor is anything but the most pedestrian anti-intellectualism posturing as moral superiority. You're a retarded fuckwit and also your writing is garbage trash for babies. You really should have had a friend edit this for you.

• Like 7

First of all, I feel a bit awkward addressing this obvious and desperate cry for attention--if that wasn't what your intent was, then I cannot fathom why you bothered to paste your email to Scott in its entirety on the forums. However, if your intent was to get everyone to listen to a live episode recorded three years ago--mission accomplished.

If you actually bothered to listen to the episode, you'd realize that the jokes came after Gelman contentiously (humorously) accused Scott of being a "Super Christian"--which I find very hard to believe is anywhere close to being factual. Put in this position, the only logical (comedic) place for Scott to take this accusation was to "yes/and" what Gelman was saying. If you honestly believe that these were Scott's beliefs, then I can only conclude that comedy is just not for you. You gave it a shot, but ultimately, you failed. For that, I'm truly sorry.

Look man, I get it. We all have our comedy demarcations. For me, I don't think rape jokes or calling people a "retard" is funny--at all! Yet, in this very episode, Jon Daly (as John Daly the Golfer) did both of those things, and do you know what I did? I just didn't laugh. It was pretty easy. Do you know what I'm not going to do? Demand an apology from Jon Daly for a bit he did three years ago. Why? Because, based on what I know of him from interviews and various podcasts, I don't think they reflect his true, personal beliefs. I will continue to judge him for his current actions rather than words long since said. You are under no obligation to think anything anyone says is funny, but demanding an apology from Scott seems to be more of a weird power trip on your part rather than any genuine distress over what was said during the show.

I can only assume that you must be 1.2....

ETA: Oh, and how dare you evoke Harris Wittles' name in your little diatribe to somehow strengthen your argument. Fuck you.

• Like 8

I've heard of Christmas in July, but April Fool's Day in September?

• Like 8

I just listened and it's CLEARLY a bit. Daly and Gelman play along. If a person finds it personally offensive, well, that's certainly their right. Who am I to say what an individual should or shouldn't be offended by?

But to suggest that it's some indicator of a deep-rooted problem with Jewish people is pretty ridiculous. Look at the people Scott and PFT work with on a regular basis; pretty diverse group. Would they be super keen on working with them if they had this deep disdain? Not bloody likely.

Sorry to the OP; while you were personally offended, that is your right. But looking for some over-arching, underlying hate? No, that doesn't exist. There's simply no evidence.

• Like 4

So I'm sure you have a problem with all the 9/11 and pedophilia jokes as well as all the sexist and racist humor that happens all the time, as well. No? Oh, you're just upset because these jokes were offensive to you personally? I guess that explains it, then. You're just salty as fuck.

Don't pretend that your refusal to fully engage with the context of the show and its sense of humor is anything but the most pedestrian anti-intellectualism posturing as moral superiority. You're a retarded fuckwit and also your writing is garbage trash for babies. You really should have had a friend edit this for you.

^This actually may be an applicable use of the term retarded.

Also "garbage trash for babies" is funny. I came to this conclusion because I have a sense of humor and also reason and understanding of context, irony, and satire. Something the author of the OP obviously doesn't.

I think we all gave their accusation an honest and fair review but it has been found lacking.

If they are a fan of some of these shows on Earwolf, I urge them to reevaluate their sensitivities.

• Like 3

When I don't like something, and that something hasn't actually hurt me, so much as it has momentarily inconvenienced my emotions, I just don't say anything. But I guess that's not true, because I'm saying something about this. So never mind.

• Like 1

I AGREE WITH YOU BROTHER LETS END THESE CHRISTIAN DEVILS TAKE UP ARMS WITH ME WE SHALL RIDE UPON DEEP BLUE AND WHITE WAVES OF JUSTICE AND DEATH SMOTHERING THEIR ANTI JEW AGENDAS AND ENDING THEIR FALSE CHRISTIAN LIVES.

• Like 8

Hit the nail on the head couldn't agree more really. Scott's anti-semantics is getting old imfo.

• Like 7

^This actually may be an applicable use of the term retarded.

Also "garbage trash for babies" is funny. I came to this conclusion because I have a sense of humor and also reason and understanding of context, irony, and satire. Something the author of the OP obviously doesn't.

I think we all gave their accusation an honest and fair review but it has been found lacking.

If they are a fan of some of these shows on Earwolf, I urge them to reevaluate their sensitivities.

HA! You know what? I promise, that prior to writing my post and saying that I personally felt that calling someone/something "retarded" was offensive, I read everyone's post. I did not even catch that Theindigi had written that...

I guess it just goes to show, if you aren't looking to be offended, you won't be.

• Like 2

In all fairness I think Scott hit the nail on the head this episode.

• Like 1

---

• Like 3

Well the upshot of all this is we can all start working the phrase "garbage trash for babies" into our vocab because it is by far the best thing to come out of this thread

• Like 9

Well the upshot of all this is we can all start working the phrase "garbage trash for babies" into our vocab because it is by far the best thing to come out of this thread

Reminds me of "Baby Tacos for Babies" from the http://hamburgersandwi.ch/ sketch on Superego S04e03 -

Yet, in this very episode, PFT (as John Daly the Golfer) did both of those things, and do you know what I did? I just didn't laugh. It was pretty easy. Do you know what I'm not going to do? Demand an apology from PFT for a bit he did three years ago. Why?

Just FYI, that's JON Daly in character as JOHN Daly. PFT isn't on that live episode.

It was a bit Jon Daly was doing in 2012. Twitter profile, etc.

That's why "John" Daly and Gelman are ripping apart Jon Daly, because Jon Daly is sitting right there.

So when "John" Daly says he'd rape Jon Daly, he's talking about himself.

John+Daly+Jon+Gruden+PODS+Championship+Round+OcEuAR2qZmRl.jpg

donjaly.jpg?token=frm9ly6eeZ2WhXyNtOHpRVXbEkY%3D

• Like 1

Just FYI, that's JON Daly in character as JOHN Daly. PFT isn't on that live episode.

It was a bit Jon Daly was doing in 2012. Twitter profile, etc.

That's why "John" Daly and Gelman are ripping apart Jon Daly, because Jon Daly is sitting right there.

So when "John" Daly says he'd rape Jon Daly, he's talking about himself.

You're right! Thanks for the head's up! Somehow PFT must have "brain wormed" me that day. I fixed my original post--not that it matters at this point. I just like things to be accurate. :)

• Like 1

I've encountered this quite a bit, I think it's a pretty common trend: people will let any joke slide as long as it doesn't personally offend them, or offend what the media is telling them to be super-duper serious about at the current time. It's an offshoot of "dish it out but can't take it" because they will laugh at jokes directed at others but not at who they identify as or sympathize with. If somebody makes a joke about Asians or Caucasians right now, it can get big laughs. Make a joke about transgender or black people, you're walking on thin ice. Comedians at the clubs in my city who really get the biggest laughs from me (and usually the rest of the crowd) are people who can walk on that thin ice and still make great jokes. When a bit is racist, sexist, homophobic, etc., it's taking the biggest risk because it can either be tactless and unfunny or a huge hit with the crowd, and sometimes that's entirely up to the crowd. But the really great jokes can shine through because they don't jab at the thing in a hateful way, they just talk about that thing and really focus on the tension but turn it into something light and relaxing to make you laugh. It's kind of like a massage, kneading out the parts that really make us tense and uncomfortable. Reality, society, our day-to-day bullshit, however you want to say it, it's something we really need.

In other words, chill the fuck out man. I can tell from your post that you really love CBB, so maybe listen to the episode one more time and try to enjoy it as a bit rather than a serious attack on a specific people, especially with such consistent and poisonous undertones tracing back through the episodes. If you can provide examples of this in their comedy throughout the years I think it would give you a much stronger argument, but I just don't see it. I think both Scott and Paul are dear friends with many Jewish people and would likely be offended, or make a joke about it like they may have done in a recent episode, if they were accused of being so prejudiced.

I think I've rambled more than enough now. The TL;DR version of this is that people need to stop being so offended by everything, it's fucking exhausting. Since when does everyone have a right to an opinion, as if that makes their opinion correct, and the right to be offended?

"Fuck off, for once. For once just fuck off" - my drunk roommate several years ago as he tried to pass out on the couch

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this