🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
taylor anne photo

Road House Remake!?

Variety just posted an article saying that Rondo Rousey signed on to take Patrick Swayze's role in a Road House remake!

Rousey embraced the idea of starring in a remake, but wanted to be respectful when pursuing the project. Sources say Rousey recently reached out to Swayze’s widow, Lisa Niemi, to ask for her blessing, which Niemi gladly gave.

What do y'all think about this development? Someone tried to do a sequel in 2006 and it went straight to DVD (I only found out about that when Doug Benson did an interruption of it with the Master Pancake crew here in Texas). So to think that anything could top the 1989 classic with Patrick is insane! But then again I love Ronda and think she could be good with the right movie.

I hate this current trend of "Hey, let's remake this movie, but with a..." and changing shit, if you want to make a movie with a female bouncer, make one, don't take a classic movie and fuck with it.

• Like 2

I'm cautiously optimistic. Do I expect a shot-for-shot remake of the glory that was Roadhouse? No but hopefully there will be some continuity/winks to the predecessor.

On the other hand, I don't see where they are going to set this movie. I can't imagine it being set in the 80s/90s, which is part of what makes the original great.

Who does everyone this should play the Sam Elliot-mentor character?

• Like 2

I don't think it needs to be said who should or could replace Sam Elliot character, Tom Selleck

• Like 3

Yeesh. I haven't seen the douchebag ridden Entourage movie yet but if her acting in Furious 7 is anything to go by I sure hope she is getting lessons right now. Even though it was only a couple of lines she...was...awful.

Will she have the feathered mullet as well?

As far as a remake goes, I see this going the same way as the remakes of Red Dawn, Total Recall, and Robocop where it gets everyone's dander up with the initial announcement, but then it's basically a dud that people quickly forget about.

You know who they could get to play the town boss, who's got his hand in every ones pocket.

Ray Wise. I could so see Him driving down the middle of the road saying I own this town!!!

RayWise-300x225.jpg

You can't just walk into this town and take it over, we have rules here.

and if you don't pay Danny Trejo and his outlaw friends are going to beat you up.

Ryan Sz, I agree, no one likes remakes. I don't think anyone see's the trailer for Robocop and says OHH good someone got it right, I am so looking forward to that.

• Like 1

I'm cautiously optimistic. Do I expect a shot-for-shot remake of the glory that was Roadhouse? No but hopefully there will be some continuity/winks to the predecessor.

On the other hand, I don't see where they are going to set this movie. I can't imagine it being set in the 80s/90s, which is part of what makes the original great.

Actually, I was going to ask "Who will be the female Sam Elliot?".

• Like 1

You know who they could get to play the town boss, who's got his hand in every ones pocket.

Ray Wise. I could so see Him driving down the middle of the road saying I own this town!!!

RayWise-300x225.jpg

You can't just walk into this town and take it over, we have rules here.

and if you don't pay Danny Trejo and his outlaw friends are going to beat you up.

Ryan Sz, I agree, no one likes remakes. I don't think anyone see's the trailer for Robocop and says OHH good someone got it right, I am so looking forward to that.

There are some remakes I like, usually the ones made for slashers as they get the audience that they are catering to, but when it's a remake of something that was either a cult hit or something pretty well loved I usually don't find them to be that great usually because they completely miss the point of what made the original great or the overall message of the story, as in the case of Total Recall and Robocop.

• Like 1

have ye seen expendables 3 ... she played a bouncer in it ... if she can tone down the acting abit it could be fun ... if

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHqLvyPyx3U

Actually I have to admit I haven't seen any of the movies she has been in. But I like her as a person and her fighting skills are crazy amazing. I think with all of these just straight action films, like Furious 7 and The Expendables, they aren't wanting more than her being able to fight and still look good. So if she had the right script and director I bet she could pull this off!

• Like 1

I think Rhonda Rousey is terrifying. I respect her ability as a fighter and root for her but I just don't find her to be that attractive. I don't understand why so many people find her attractive. I probably don't have any room to talk because I think Serena Williams is hot.

Actually, I was going to ask "Who will be the female Sam Elliot?".

Margo Martindale is my pick.

• Like 1

I'm largely okay with this because I think Rousey is awesome. She really just needs some acting lessons. Also, Roadhouse is kind of not that great, so I'll at least enjoy her beating the shit out people.

I think Rhonda Rousey is terrifying. I respect her ability as a fighter and root for her but I just don't find her to be that attractive. I don't understand why so many people find her attractive. I probably don't have any room to talk because I think Serena Williams is hot.

Well, clearly a woman's value lies solely in her looks.

• Like 5

Well, clearly a woman's value lies solely in her looks.

That is what I learned I'm school.

Seriously, Rousey is awesome but being insecure I don't find a woman that can knock me out attractive.

Seriously, Rousey is awesome but being insecure I don't find a woman that can knock me out attractive.

Seriously, no one cares what kind of women you find attractive.

• Like 4

Grace Jones -

, I love that song. She is so amazing.

'Ryan Sz' -

was another winner winner chicken dinner remake.

it needed Bill Murray singing footloose. I can't beleave I found it after all these years. I have so looked for that and tonight I found it.

I sure hope they remake ghost next.. who could they get for that?

I think it's clear who should be in the "Wade Garrett" role. Gina Carano

gina-carano.jpg

Either that, or the potential love interest, I'm good with either.

• Like 3

I have a strong feeling that instead of the throat rip, it will be Rousey's armbar, yet if in using that move she rips her opponent's arm off and beats them to death with the limb, I'm all for it.

• Like 1

That is what I learned I'm school.

Seriously, no one cares what kind of women you find attractive.

hahahaha seriously. what does her being attractive have to do with this role? It's not like it matteref if Patty Shwayze was attractive but the movie is still incredible.

Anyways I think the suggestion of Mirren as the Elliot character was pretty great. I'll probably watch this depending on who ends up rounding out the supporting cast.

• Like 1