🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
taylor anne photo

Road House Remake!?

hahahaha seriously. what does her being attractive have to do with this role? It's not like it matteref if Patty Shwayze was attractive but the movie is still incredible.

Anyways I think the suggestion of Mirren as the Elliot character was pretty great. I'll probably watch this depending on who ends up rounding out the supporting cast.

Come on, Swayze in that movie was sexy as fuuuuuuuuucccckkkk.

• Like 1

My recast choice for Wade Garrett is Michelle Yeoh. As long as they don't make her say faux-zen shit.

Actually, I was going to ask "Who will be the female Sam Elliot?".

Sorry, I thought that the genderswap was implicit in my suggestion. Wanda Garrett?

I think it's clear who should be in the "Wade Garrett" role. Gina Carano

gina-carano.jpg

Either that, or the potential love interest, I'm good with either.

My original thought was Carrano but I thought it might be too on the nose. I did unabashedly love her movie, Haywire

Sorry, I thought that the genderswap was implicit in my suggestion. Wanda Garrett?

My original thought was Carrano but I thought it might be too on the nose. I did unabashedly love her movie, Haywire

Maybe I over hyped Haywire but I thought it is one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Never has a movie with an all star cast been so hard to watch. I debated leaving the movie theater it was so hard to watch.

I think I've got this covered.

4vr1ux.jpg

theme music is going to be something like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YC8jua4OtI

Thankyou youtube, I just knew you would not let me down.

In roadhouse 2, coolers. it's about a restaurant owner who is played by Ray wise who is building a chain of family restaurants who is exploiting the works. it all backfires when word of this gets around.

• Like 1

If they're going to do a remake of Roadhouse with a female lead, they should go all out and reverse the genders of all the roles. Bouncers, villains, henchmen, rowdy drinkers, redneck bystanders, blind guitarists, all women. Plucky, non-sexual friend who explains the story as needed, male. Strippers and dancers, male. Drunk par patron who gets half naked, dances on a table and starts a riot, male. Slutty Sex plaything of the villain who dances nude in the bar for no reason, delaying a full on death match fight between the rival bar teams, and offers the goods on a plate to the lead bouncer, male. Which will be a cunning inversion of social mores when the female bouncer says "keep your dog on a leash" and when the female villain gives him a black eye to keep him in line. The sexy doctor love interest should still be female though, and they should still have a love scene which is explicit and over extended to the point of awkwardness. It will also add spice to when the (female) psycho henchman (henchwoman? Henchperson?) says "I used to fuck girls like you in prison." Maybe this could be accompanied by a gratuitous flashback scene.

I expect everyone to be as invested in this development as I am so I am here to report that Variety got an exclusive on the fact that Nick Cassavetes will be writing and directing this feature starring Ronda.

I didn't even remember him from Face/Off but he was definitely in it.

He has done some pretty good films but he's also done some real piles of shit so we're basically at a 50/50 chance that this will be decent.

I expect everyone to be as invested in this development as I am so I am here to report that Variety got an exclusive on the fact that Nick Cassavetes will be writing and directing this feature starring Ronda.

He has done some pretty good films but he's also done some real piles of shit so we're basically at a 50/50 chance that this will be decent.

HOW DO YOU NOT REMEMBER HIM FROM FACE/OFF?!

He's Gina Gershon's brother, and he's the one Cage is talking to when he's like, "I want to take his face.....off."

Clearly this movie did not change your life enough, and you need to watch it again.

HOW DO YOU NOT REMEMBER HIM FROM FACE/OFF?!

He's Gina Gershon's brother, and he's the one Cage is talking to when he's like, "I want to take his face.....off."

Clearly this movie did not change your life enough, and you need to watch it again.

OH MY GOD! Yes now I remember him! He just looks crazy different now, give me a break!

I really do need to watch that again. Pure brilliance.

• Like 1

With him directing/writing this movie has some hope, as Alpha Dog was a great crime/insane-o movie. My only fear about this is Rousey's acting as everything she has been in she's pretty stiff when not shooting or punching anyone. Though Swayze wasn't a Daniel Day Lewis so the bar isn't that high.

• Like 1

She wants to up her acting chops so that the guys at Marvel will take her seriously for Captain Marvel.

I get that and hopefully this helps. Though I think that with how much she has the look of Carol Danvers, the almost seems like a shoe-in, especially if she keeps winning and remaining in the spotlight with the UFC.

If you will allow me a couple How Did This Get Made?-inspired similes, Swayze has more charisma than the Fast and the Furious movies defy the laws of physics. Rousey has about as much charisma as an actor as Dan Aykroyd has charm in Nothing But Trouble. In order to pull of the magnificently wackadoo nature of Road House, you need that Swayze Factor. Look, Rousey can beat the shit out of... almost anyone on the planet, but do I want to see her ACT in movies? Judging from her barely-there line readings in Expendables and Furious Seven... not particularly, as especially not as a Swayze replacement or Carol Danvers.

Believe it or not, he was also slated to direct "Iron Man" at one point. He may have been the last one attached to it before Favreau ultimately got the gig.