🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 374 — Tick Tock Clawk

A lot of people standing up and shaking their fists lately.

one of my new favorite Scott-isms, painting a verbal picture that must be yes and'd by John Lennon and the like.

• Like 3

I'm delighted Scott & Co noticed the 'interesting cracking' of Marco's voice during the Plugs section. As it was happening I immediately focused on it because I couldn't tell if it was an audio issue, maybe someone was making sounds underneath Marco's voice, etc. After Scott confirmed it was Gillepsie's voice making the noise, I had to go back and give it another listen. Crazy.

• Like 1

I feel like it really started when Victor and Tiny were doing the "Leave him alone!" bit but maybe Scott was doing it a lot more earlier and I just wasn't noticing it as much.

• Like 2

This episode took no breaks from being funny, absolutely great. I think this might have been the best New No-Nos in awhile, Paul really brought his C+ game. Also loved when the Timekeeper would comment on the premise or jokes as they were unfolding.

Oh and another great plugs theme. If I plug is that good, I'm happy for it to go long, because I get more of a good song and I know it is driving Scott mad lol.

• Like 2

About halfway through the episode, I started thinking about how weird it was to have an ep with nothing but characters, then remembered that Paul Rust is an actual real person.

Which I think I can be forgiven for having forgot.

• Like 15

I was crying with laughter during the plugs theme knowing just how insane it must've been driving Scott.

• Like 2

when Scott decided he should remind Paul how New No Nos were structured, I almost passed out laughing.

edit: and during WYR when Paul said something like "in this scenario" and Scott yelled "how come you're all talking like each other?!" The whole episode is just full of gut-punchingly hilarious moments.

• Like 6

I was crying with laughter during the plugs theme knowing just how insane it must've been driving Scott.

I'm actually starting to wonder whether people are now intentionally making long Plugs themes just to fuck with Scott.

Anyway, this episode was so silly and so great. I thought Paul's New No-Nos were genuinely pretty bad as opposed to the usual intentionally-stupid-funny, but it was still hilarious because of how much shit Scott and Maxwell gave him.

Favorite moment:

"What's your favorite magazine?"

"TIME!"

• Like 7

one of my new favorite Scott-isms, painting a verbal picture that must be yes and'd by John Lennon and the like.

it doesn't go anywhere other than the other confirming and moving on, what's the point?

This felt like an old Comedy Death Ray episode. Very breezy, just a bunch of friends goofing around.

• Like 8

So is there a way to get the full version of that plugs theme? It was already an amazing episode, but that song and the new plug-bag-closing-theme-tag really put a button on it all.

So excited to listen!! Best birthday present I could have asked for :)

TICK TOCK

Happy birthday! I hope you have a wonderful... time.

Also, Neil Campbell is a mad genius. He has a Midas touch, and this is the first time in my life that I'm actually excited to watch the Emmys.

"There's no hole I'm scared of" is my new mantra. Why are you doing the blowjob motion again?!

• Like 7

He even did it on the recent Hollywood Handbook. I love it because no one ever sees it coming and everyone reacts differently.

it doesn't go anywhere other than the other confirming and moving on, what's the point?

The point? That's easy.

It's totally stupid, yet Scott finds it hilarious. Therefore it is hilarious.

• Like 4

I liked "you're standing on the table swinging both fists at me!"

• Like 6

For some reason, I really want Marco and Todd to appear on the same episode. Maybe with some of the other minors that wander into the studio.

Kid Detectives JJ and Murphy O'Malaman vs. Marco and Fourvel

• Like 4

Because it's funny. A character has a minor disagreement or is mildly annoyed, and then Scott amps up their outrage by 11 because he can describe what they're doing and they have to roll with it, podcasts being an aural medium and all.

"Other than confirming and moving on." Not at all accurate. Comedy comes out of the performers' various reactions to Scott's new twist on their reality, and then they have to calm down or whatever it is they decide to do. It's like when Scott and Jason try to box Andy Daly in an improv corner. What's the point of trying to box Andy in when he just gets out of it and they move on? COMEDY.

• Like 10

Random Paul Rust question,

Does anyone know if Paul Rust wrote this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svOumzlbz_g

I seen on imdb that he was a "consultant writer" on Rob and Big (Which I used to watch and enjoy) i've never heard him talk about that show on any p-casts.

Anyways it's always really cool seeing something that ya really love and think is hilarious and finding out that a super awesome writer was behind it so I just wondered if perhaps he wrote that and I figured, hey maybe there's another Rust-Head over here on the forums that could provide me with the answer to my question.

Like when I found out that Bob Odenkrik wrote that Chris Farley SNL sketch "living in a van down by the river" I was like oooooo dangggg no wonder I loved that soooo much when I first seen it in grade school on the "SNL Best of Chris Farley DVD"

Anyways i'm just a big Paul-Rust-Head over here wondering if he wrote that Rob and Big music vid.

This podcast episode was hilarious by the way, so many laughs! Thank you!

:D :D :D :D :D

• Like 1