🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 204 — Convoy

Alex Berg, Alex Fernie, and Todd Fasen together are known as the infamous fast-paced three-person improv group Convoy. This week they join Matt Besser for an improv4humans that will keep you informed about what the f*ck is going on in the world. They’ll create scenes about monkeys & falcons being used to ward off birds from the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade, being a real anarchist, and the hidden easter egg Star Wars scenes that will be discovered in the future when DVDs become rare. Make sure to get the Upright Citizens Brigade television show season 3 now available on DVD, the UCB Comedy Improv Manual, and Dragoon’s new album at dragoongalaxy.bandcamp.com!

Humons,

Here is a breakdown of the scenes from this episode.

- Intro Story – Firing off canon at a job – Searching for job where firing canon is only task (0:21)

- Intro Story – Defining infamous – Infamous people in relationships (6:58)

- Question from Listener – Have you ever ditched someone mid-date? – Creating elaborate scheme to ditch date mid-meal (11:55)

- Let’s Talk Some More About That – Intimidated by new entertainment mediums – The funeral of DVDs/Star Wars deleted scene (15:57)

- What the Fuck is Going on? – Violent nursery rhymes – (Daddy finger, momma finger) Parent educates child with disturbing and inaccurate nursery rhymes (24:37)

- What the Fuck is Going on? – Kim Davis/Overusing religion to defend actions – Pilot refuses to fly because “only God should be in the sky” (29:17)

- What the Fuck is Going on? – Monkeys/falcons protect jets from flying birds – Macy’s Day Parade gets violent with use of monkeys and falcons (38:02)

- What the Fuck is Going on? – Pissing on light poles causes them to corrode/fall - Meeting athletes in pissing contest (43:18)

- What the Fuck is Going on? – Infrequently blooming flower smells like rotting flesh – Employees go out of their way to make patrons use barf bags (48:13)

- What the Fuck is Going on? – Ashley Madison/Browsing the Internet for first time – Actor defends murdering because he’s a method actor (52:36)

- Let’s Talk Some More About That – Interstellar/ Accuracy in sci-fi movies – Pitching dull sci-fi movies (57:50)

- What the Fuck is Going on? – Alaska-Ohio on Mt. McKinley/Giving false credit – Rushing to find anyone to complete comedy map (1:03:12)

- Let’s Talk Some More About That – Anarchist at the Haymarket Riot – Meeting a real anarchist who wants to bomb everything (1:09:49)

- What the Fuck is Going on? – The Kardashians setting off fireworks at 1 AM/Posting photos online – Reposting great moments from your life (and others’) on Facebook - (1:18:03)

"Ok, look- can we get that guy over there? Can he just grab my burger and fries and hand it to me?"

"Who, ME??"

"Yeah you, or any of- there's eight of you back there. Any of you can do it."

"I- I- I'm busy! I'm busy!"

"You're busy?"

"I'm busy!"

"Is everyone back there busy?"

"I'm playin' Jenga!"

I probably just woke up my neighbors.

• Like 3

I'm not proud, but I spent about two hours arguing with my orthodox aunt over Kim Davis yesterday on Facebook. The validation of the discussion on this episode totally compensated for the shame I feel over becoming the sort of person who argues politics with family on Facebook.

Also, I guess I should say something about how funny the episode was, but this show is so consistent that that seems like a granted.

• Like 1

If it is, I guess Steve Martin got bumped to Texas (born there, but raised California) - for Will Ferrell?

Listening now, and I really got caught off guard when they went straight into a scene after the 2 words and a question

Good scene, though

Fun etymology nerd fact: "infamous" comes from a totally different root word than "famous", so despite the similarity in spelling and meaning, the two words are not derivative of one another!

Wow, they've really been aggressive with stating scenes in this episode.

Not even mad I had bits of Intersellar spoiled. I've been meaning to read the Mars trilogy for a while.

Ancient hydrological activity on the planet's soiface!

Also, Besser's "Guys that A doesn't stand for adultery" in the anarchist scene is a great callback to the "The A Crew" episode.

• Like 1

Crossballs is so funny. I watched every episode on youtube after Andy Daly mentioned it on the Fogelnest Files. If anyone who likes this show hasn't seen it yet, you need to watch it right now.

I got this Map, and Matt, you got Arkansas on lock here ;)

http://www.brobible.com/entertainment/article/map-funniest-stand-up-comedian-state/

map-funniest-stand-up-comedians-by-state.jpg?resize=640%2C1155

Btw, I LOVED this episode! I kinda like the format of just Besser coming in with a newspaper and going to town in current events, lol. I kinda REALLY like it. i hope we hear more of it in the next year or so, as we head into the Election - I'm sure there'll be plenty for Matt to go off on!

I got this Map, and Matt, you got Arkansas on lock here ;)

http://www.brobible....comedian-state/

map-funniest-stand-up-comedians-by-state.jpg?resize=640%2C1155

Btw, I LOVED this episode! I kinda like the format of just Besser coming in with a newspaper and going to town in current events, lol. I kinda REALLY like it. i hope we hear more of it in the next year or so, as we head into the Election - I'm sure there'll be plenty for Matt to go off on!

TIM ALLEN?!?!

This episode was great, and I was very glad to hear that Matt loves Interstellar. It's a great movie and people who don't like it are dumb babies with no hearts.

This episode was great, and I was very glad to hear that Matt loves Interstellar. It's a great movie and people who don't like it are dumb babies with no hearts.

I guess that makes me King Dumb of Baby Town, then.

Sign in to follow this