🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 118.5 - MINISODE 118.5

And here we were getting along so well....

Are you and I gonna have a gif off now?

tumblr_mn481bjhl31s9gqaao1_500.gif

Cameron got lucky last time and now I'm back for blood!

• Like 4

Are you and I gonna have a gif off now?

tumblr_mn481bjhl31s9gqaao1_500.gif

You got nothin'...

At_st_ani.gif

• Like 3

Arrrrrgggghhh, I've got a really good and relevant one that I want to post, but my stupid phone won't let me! It'll be hilarious in like 7 hours when I get home, I swear...

• Like 2

Arrrrrgggghhh, I've got a really good and relevant one that I want to post, but my stupid phone won't let me! It'll be hilarious in like 7 hours when I get home, I swear...

Secret of good comedy?

• Like 2

First of all, I don't appreciate your revisionist history--I won that shit fair and square.

Secondly, I like the Ewoks--they are adorable.

Thirdly, watch what you say. I can be a powerful ally or a fearsome enemy.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

For taylorannephoto:

tumblr_n06su2DuTh1r7sku3o1_500.gif

Cameron - really? Jake Lloyd? I expected better from our reigning champion.

• Like 2

First of all, I don't appreciate your revisionist history--I won that shit fair and square.

Secondly, I like the Ewoks--they are adorable.

Thirdly, watch what you say. I can be a powerful ally or a fearsome enemy.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

If you like Ewoks then you are correct, good sir.

I'm still back for blood!

• Like 2

Cameron - really? Jake Lloyd? I expected better from our reigning champion.

giphy.gif

Did I gif wrong? Isn't he the baddest dude in the Galaxy?

• Like 2

Sorry a bit late but even if you hate Ewoks are you going to tell me this never made you cry?

672c268e9b519460ed43345317267a77883439aa.gif

• Like 3

Sorry a bit late but even if you hate Ewoks are you going to tell me this never made you cry?

Nooooo. :'(

• Like 3

... if BatsVsSupes isn't as big as it needs to be, that goes up in smoke and it won't matter that "Wonder Woman" was going to have more women on its crew than any other film ever, which has exactly zero to do with whether the movie would have been any good or not.

If Batman V. Superman sucks (should I say "when"?), I suggest they make Wonder Woman more about Gal Gadot driving her invisible plane real fast, and tricking guys into touching her star-spangled butt to get their fingerprints?

... see how I tried to bring that back around to Fast and Furious?

• Like 4

I might have been saving that gif for later...

E: Actually, I was going to use the one with the explosion beforehand, but the only one I could find was super choppy, so I was going to make a new one. But you RUINED IT! :)

• Like 3

Dammit okay, now I'm playing catchup from when I was at work.

I'm the exact opposite. Aside from Batman & Family, I've never been able to get into DC books. I think some of their stuff is good, but I feel they are consistently inconsistent. Like, I'll read a great arc of Superman or Wonder Woman, and then the next arc will (in my opinion) be utter garbage. I mean, I've tried on a few separate occasions to get into Geoff Johns' Green Lantern run, but it could never hold my interest. I haven't given up on them completely, but now I just collect their TPBs of "classic" stories and forget about the rest.

Yeah there were quite a few of the new DC that I couldn't get behind, though new series like Red Lanterns, New Guardians, Suicide Squad, and even All Star Western were pretty good. Yet the one that truly stood out for me was Azzarello's Wonder Woman, and I say this as never being a fan of the character before this run. It was an amazing story that wasn't so much a superhero story but rather a story about Greek Gods among the modern world, kinda like Preacher if it was based in Greek Mythology and not Christianity and also not as batshit insane. Also I love Azzarello's work from 100 Bullets so it was a win-win for me. Also, read 100 Bullets if you haven't that series is beyond incredible.

I totally agree with this. I wanted to like Casanova so bad, and it feels like something I would be into, but I just found it obnoxious. As much as we've sang Fraction's praise on this thread, I have to say, there's a lot of his work I don't like. But when I do like something he does--I love it.

I was even more bummed in that I had the books in my Amazon cart for so long that I had built up expectations for the series because I thought it was going to be a straightforward spy series, not a sci-fi sex romp featuring time travel and alternate timelines. I do like most of Fraction's work but what you said reminds me of my love/hate relationship with Jonathan Hickman who is currently writing the Secret Wars storyline. When he is on he is really ON with his writing (Manhattan Projects, Secret, East of West, p.s. read ALL OF THESE) but when he goes off the rails the stories are incredibly hard to follow and make negative sense (Nightly News, The Red Wing).

Also, for anybody that liked Fraction's Hawkeye I would highly recommend The Superior Foes of Spider-Man, which I thought was the best new Marvel book since Hawkeye. Steve Lieber who's the illustrator on Superior Foes did some of the fill in work for Aja on Hawkeye, and both of them have really good story telling in their work. If anybody has read Superior Foes, just think of that double page spread of the break-in at Owl's head quarters. Also for a comedy story his pacing and staging of the gags is top notch. Nick Spencer's writing is also equally great. Good mix of broad and subtle humor, surprising amounts of character depth and a "who and why dunnit" story that keeps you guessing until the end.

This was the most pleasant surprise of the entire Marvel Now run as it was incredibly hilarious. The only unfortunate thing is that the series has ended, which made me want to pee a little.

Yeardley Smith's car never being affected was a big WTF to me. But also, what about the kid at the beginning at the baseball field. Doesn't his bike throw him off when he's run over by the steamroller? But the other kid's bike works just fine.
He hits a molehill or divot which causes him to fall over if I remember right, it wasn't that the bike was taken over by the aliens.

And that Ewok gif is easily the saddest and most fucked up thing to put in a movie was pretty light up to that point outside of Leia choking Jabba.

• Like 4

Dammit okay, now I'm playing catchup from when I was at work.

You're right. I think work is getting in the way of us posting on the forums. I say we all quit.

Also, read 100 Bullets if you haven't that series is beyond incredible.

I concur.

I do like most of Fraction's work but what you said reminds me of my love/hate relationship with Jonathan Hickman who is currently writing the Secret Wars storyline. When he is on he is really ON with his writing (Manhattan Projects, Secret, East of West, p.s. read ALL OF THESE) but when he goes off the rails the stories are incredibly hard to follow and make negative sense (Nightly News, The Red Wing).

I love Manhattan Projects! East of West is pretty good as well. It's been awhile since I read the 1st trade, but I have the 2nd in my nightstand--I may need to re-visit the 1st before I dive into the 2nd.

And that Ewok gif is easily the saddest and most fucked up thing to put in a movie was pretty light up to that point outside of Leia choking Jabba.

What's fucked up about this?

SlaveLeia.gif

• Like 2

He hits a molehill or divot which causes him to fall over if I remember right, it wasn't that the bike was taken over by the aliens.

Here's him crashing:

X7TffhY.gif

No molehill or anything. I just assumed the bike went nuts on him. Either that, or he's as shitty at riding bikes as their coach was at getting sodas.

• Like 4

Here's him crashing:

X7TffhY.gif

No molehill or anything. I just assumed the bike went nuts on him. Either that, or he's as shitty at riding bikes as their coach was at getting sodas.

Well from what I remember as a kid playing baseball or riding my bike in the field, those weren't always the best places to ride one's bike. Add to that the sudden fear of imminent death and it kinda makes sense that he might fall, though they probably could have showed him a bit more freaked out.

• Like 1

Well from what I remember as a kid playing baseball or riding my bike in the field, those weren't always the best places to ride one's bike. Add to that the sudden fear of imminent death and it kinda makes sense that he might fall, though they probably could have showed him a bit more freaked out.

Possibly. I really just wanted to make the gif because I think it's fucking hilarious.

• Like 5