🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 118.5 - MINISODE 118.5

The only big so bad it's good laugh I got out of this was when Emilio Estevez was talking to the truck.

Where exactly are a truck's ears?

Ok, the ONLY thing I remember about this movie is a kid dies from getting a soda can to the ass.

Keep an eye on #9.

can2ass-o.gif

Me and my friends re-wound this an unknown number of times and laughed SO hard. :lol:

The rest of the movie is a complete blank. :mellow:

• Like 3

Look, as much as I enjoy seeing kids eat dirt or get hit in the ass with soda cans, nothing beats this shit:

258021c530a576306c54f79ca3b45274.gif

• Like 7

Look, as much as I enjoy seeing kids eat dirt or get hit in the ass with soda cans, nothing beats this shit:

Possibly the only person on set more coked out than Stephen King

• Like 5

This was the best character in the movie.

• Like 3

maximum.jpg

Clearly we made them. That's what Wanda June was trying to tell them. How is this even a question?

• Like 3

You guys for the starwars outbursts have won a major award..

a limited editon starwars leg lamp is now being shipped to your home, hand made in france.

dvn1co.jpg

• Like 3

You guys for the starwars outbursts have won a major award..

a limited editon starwars leg lamp is now being shipped to your home, hand made in france.

dvn1co.jpg

Is it bad that I kind of really want that lamp?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Going back to our comics conversation, Gail Simone is on a ROLL on Twitter today. Every comics fan should really go read it (@GailSimone). Without spoiling too much, she talked about how writers are so intent on getting their quips in that they forget basic storytelling techniques.

She's such a badass.

• Like 3

maximum.jpg

Clearly we made them. That's what Wanda June was trying to tell them. How is this even a question?

Humans made machines. Definitively, without debate. There you go, 30 second movie.

Going back to our comics conversation, Gail Simone is on a ROLL on Twitter today. Every comics fan should really go read it (@GailSimone). Without spoiling too much, she talked about how writers are so intent on getting their quips in that they forget basic storytelling techniques.

She's such a badass.

Thanks for the head's up, Fister! After reading what she had to say regarding quips replacing storytelling and using the opening scene from A New Hope as a benchmark for an effective establishing shot, I can only assume Gail Simone is not only a HDTGM fan, but has been lurking on these message boards for the last couple of days.

Yub nub, everybody!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLt0GaIBMIs

ETA: Based on what Ms. Simone wrote, does Maximum Overdrive pass the test of good writing? They establish the Hell out of that truck stop...

• Like 4

maximum.jpg

2r1zi0z.jpg

• Like 1

giphy.gif

Taylor Anne and Fister, can't you see you're tearing us apart?! It's like listening to my parents fight. If you guys break up, you can't make me decide who I'll live with. I won't do it.

Don't you two make me go emo...

• Like 4

someone gave me a very good idea.

2dmgtiu.jpg

I'll tell you once and I'll tell you twice Lisa is mine.

2m3pymx.jpg

• Like 3

Well, if no clear winner is decided between tayloranne and me, I think jarrycanada should win by default...

That said....

lando-choke-o.gif

• Like 2

That's a dance that's a mixture of the Robot, cocaine, and the siezure dance:

• Like 1

Well, if no clear winner is decided between tayloranne and me, I think jarrycanada should win by default...

I guess that's a start...but I'm still gonna be in my room being Emo until you guys work it out.

emo-phillips-uhf-o.gif

• Like 2

someone gave me a very good idea.

2dmgtiu.jpg

I'll tell you once and I'll tell you twice Lisa is mine.

2m3pymx.jpg

• Like 5