🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 25 - 10th Circle of Hell

Paul F. Tompkins welcomes all creatures great and small back to SPONTANEANATION! This week, Paul’s special guest is Joshua Malina from The Thrilling Adventure Hour and hit TV show Scandal! They chat about meeting celebrities in steam rooms, the Malina family’s obsession with seasonal ice cream, and why Josh is now scared of plays. Paul is then joined by Jessica Chaffin, Chris Tallman, and Hal Lublin to improvise a story set in the little known Tenth Circle of Hell. And as always, Eban (only the best) Schletter scores it all on piano!

Don't forget! SPONTANEANATION will be live at The Los Angeles Podcast Festival! With improvisers CRAIG CACKOWSKI, MATT GOURLEY and JANET VARNEY, accompanist EBAN SCHLETTER, and special guest ANDY DALY! See it in person or STREAM IT LIVE! Go to www.lapodfest.com for tickets & use the code PFT for a discount on the live stream!

The movie in question

Incubus_1966_poster.gif

And I would like to nominate Jessica Chaffin for the position of 'co-the best'.

• Like 10

I wonder how a Kosher family first discovers they love eggnog ice cream

What a great episode, and ending to that story! Lublin laugh is up there with PFT laugh and Varney laugh on the list of off-microphone laughs that make podcasts better, and I'm loving his voices/characters.

Every time we get to the end of the monologue/pre-ramble, I'm always a little sad, as much as I love the rest of the show, because I could listen to that much longer!

• Like 4

I'm on Joshua Malina's daughter's side in the dessert debate. I love pastries, cookies, cakes, etc. Not a big fan of pie though. I don't need something healthy in my dessert. If I wanted to eat fruit, I'd eat fruit. The only kinds of acceptable pies are ones like chocolate cream or peanut butter.

• Like 1

Esperanto Film Fact:

All the signage in Blade Trinity is in Esperanto

blade-trinity-esperanto.png

Another brilliant episode!

• Like 4

Drunk woman in the crowd was hilarious. The egg nog ice cream story and ensuing ice cream weighings-in were amazing.

• Like 3

Drunk woman in the crowd was hilarious. The egg nog ice cream story and ensuing ice cream weighings-in were amazing.

I'm usually able to hold it together when I listen on the train. But when she started the singing while having a stroke, I couldn't control myself. And I had just gotten myself back together when she started again. Has Jessica Chaffin been on an episode with Sarah Burns yet? I have a feeling that would get so ridiculous so fast.

• Like 5

Maybe the worst lead-in question, but the best resulting interview? It's a paradox.

Has anyone made the effort to try and figure out which questions match which guests?

Has anyone made the effort to try and figure out which questions match which guests?

Yes. It's fairly easy. You just look at who the guest was on the previous episode. They air in the order they are recorded, so it's fairly cut and dry.

Yes. It's fairly easy. You just look at who the guest was on the previous episode. They air in the order they are recorded, so it's fairly cut and dry.

I thought they were aired out of order?

I love any and all desserts, guys. Why make me choose? Pasties AND ice cream. Cake AND pie. There is room for all good sweets in this world, from candy bars to baklava! That's why I can't have any now... otherwise I would attempt to devour all the desserts.

Except bullshit like Smarties or Necco Wafers. Get that crumbly sour not-found-in-nature chalk mold crap outta here!

• Like 2

I find desserts in nature sometimes, like out in the woods I mean. half-eaten package of little chocolate donuts

• Like 1

I love any and all desserts, guys. Why make me choose? Pasties AND ice cream. Cake AND pie. There is room for all good sweets in this world, from candy bars to baklava! That's why I can't have any now... otherwise I would attempt to devour all the desserts.

Except bullshit like Smarties or Necco Wafers. Get that crumbly sour not-found-in-nature chalk mold crap outta here!

Neccos are the best as long as they're the old school kind with the spice flavors. I can eat those things for hours. HOURS.

However, my favorite dessert is just straight up cheap grocery store rainbow sherbet. Yeah, that makes me a garbage person but I don't care. I have literally eaten a gallon in a single night before fight me.

• Like 1

Spontaneanation, going out on a limb with the really controversial opinions, like "ice cream is pretty great."

Don't get me wrong, love the hell out of it.

The deep cut references that PFT pulls out each week never fail to surprise me. Margaret Atwood? With a crowd heckle/shout-out for The Robber Bridegroom? Amazing.

Ya burnt!

• Like 3

Every time I hear real-life Jessica Chaffin I think, "why is Ronna doing a weird accent?"

• Like 6

This show keeps getting better and better. To the point where I feel like I'm having a hard time expressing how much I'm enjoying it.

It's just really great.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this