🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 375 — Wompler's REAL 17th B-Day Womptacular

Holy Shit I couldn't stop laughing as this episode came to a close. A perfect marriage of WHOMP up the Jams and CBB. Truly everyone was killing it.

• Like 2

How come Scott has so much trouble playing music while Listler can play music with ease? His "pick a song you made and we'll listen to 12 seconds" thing with musicians is pretty irritating, yet Listler can go all in on Mr. Bombastic NO PROBLEMO

So many great bits it's hard to pick one.

I think comparing Wompler to a "porch futon" was brilliant.

But I think Huskey has to get MVP here. So many great callbacks and classic Huskey freakouts.

This is truly an instant classic.

• Like 5

How come Scott has so much trouble playing music while Listler can play music with ease? His "pick a song you made and we'll listen to 12 seconds" thing with musicians is pretty irritating, yet Listler can go all in on Mr. Bombastic NO PROBLEMO

Listening to another non-Earwolf podcast (sorry Scott), I think they worked it out somehow that as long as you talk all over the song, the software the copyright-bots use to pick up infringements can't detect you're playing it.

So Womp it Up can play all the music they want, because Marissa would never be quiet long enough for any songs to get recognised.

• Like 5

So happy for the return of Dabney: Bringer of Death.

I wonder if Dabney and Don DiMello ever hang out.

• Like 3

Being relatively new to Earwolf (I started listening around the beginning of the year), I have to ask: are all Wompler episodes like this?

This was the first one I had heard and, next to Heynong Man, it's probably my favorite so far. If they're all like this, I need to go back and listen to them/start listening to Womp It Up.

• Like 1

Being relatively new to Earwolf (I started listening around the beginning of the year), I have to ask: are all Wompler episodes like this?

This was the first one I had heard and, next to Heynong Man, it's probably my favorite so far. If they're all like this, I need to go back and listen to them/start listening to Womp It Up.

This might be the best of them all, but they are certainly all worth listening to. As all over the place as they are, there is a lot of canonical information in each, and the story line builds off of all the previous ones.

I'd recommend listening to them in order, I don't think you'll regret it.

• Like 2

Dude. Duuuuude.

You need to listen to all of her birthday party episodes & even just the ones with Wompler and Listler alone. The Marissa Wompler canon runs deeeeeep. And yes, they are all as ridiculous as this (although this might be my favorite so far).

• Like 3

Marissa's parties seem to attract so much disaster that I'm almost convinced she has had a curse put on her. Especially now that I remember that at her party at Six Flags Don Dimello showed up with a child covered in 666s and appeared to be muttering incantations. I'm glad she hasn't let any of her past misfortunes prevent her from giving it another shot though!

• Like 2

Fister Roboto, my favorite birthday so far is the one at Six Flags (last year). They are all really good though, this episode has kept the tradition strong. Yes, they are all like this, and episodes of Womp It Up are like this too just with less people in the room.

I wonder if any listeners have actually tried to make a cream cheese Digiorno sandwich.

• Like 2

I've been listening to this on loop. There's so much going on that it's worth a relisten or two.

• Like 1

Gotta love how Zooks had Dabney locked and loaded, ready to bring up as soon as possible, lol. "Hope he's not showing up", says Scott - yeah right!

No way Auckerman'll get off without doing his beloved character when Zooks is in the room! :D

A little too late for Summer but the Womptacular 2015 was worth the wait! So many things were so amazing. So many rapid fire things that can easily be missed, like,

"I love you on the inside :) " | "SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!", "He's like a fly attached to a piece of s--" | "Shit!?" | "No. String" or "That's bullshit town magoo!", lol.

This is gonna take a lot of re-listens and unpacking. This is absolutely getting a vote for "Best Of" this year!

• Like 1

Last weekend I moved, and Monday I got up at 5 for my new, extra-long commute.

What I'm saying is, if there was ever a day that needed to be WOMPED UP...

That was it.

"Well ya can't do it with Amazon Prime, that's for GOD DAMN SURE!"

Brian Huskey's bouts of indignant anger never fail to get me.

• Like 10

How is it spelled? Qweth? Queth? Inquisitive minds want to know . . .

I was thinking more Q'eth, like it was a kind of Game of Thrones type name.

• Like 2

I thought my day had peaked when I got my flu shot, but that birthday song rules! omfg

NTS: go home tonight and edit out the "YOU ARE A BABY, BUT YOU'RE GROWING UP STRONG!" and make that my new ring tone.

• Like 3

Im on my fourth listen and the baby waawaa song still has me crying with laughter every time. I'm a sucker for a joke going on too long.

• Like 3