🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 376 — Romantic Tommy D

I've got to admit I was starting to lose I Teresa in comedy bang bang for a few episodes, whilst getting into lots of other earwolf podcasts, but these last few episodes have been knocking it out the park, and I'm 100% back on board!

NEVER LOSE I TERESA.

• Like 11

These comedy music acts are never as funny on mic as they are in their songs.

(Did I do it right Bernard?)

All salad asada though this was awesome. Claudia is so effortlessly hilarious.

• Like 2

Am I the only one who was 100 percent convinced Peaches died of a drug overdose in 2014?

That's Peaches Geldof.

• Like 1

My name is actually good

(That's right, it's my 3rd post in a row! NO YOU SHUT UP!!!)

CORPSEFUCKER SHITLORD is hands down my favorite username. (guys fyi his secret identity is NICEMAN FOODLORD)

Grumpy Squirrel 2nd favorite username.

But still my soul belongs to thevoblex.

• Like 3

Any episode with "I could get used to this" is an automatic C+ from me, but this whole thing was aces. The dynamic between Scott and Claudia is so fucking funny, and the segments with "Never the Twains Shall Meet" and the TITULAR movie summary felt like CBB in its purest form.

• Like 8

Any episode with "I could get used to this" is an automatic C+ from me, but this whole thing was aces. The dynamic between Scott and Claudia is so fucking funny, and the segments with "Never the Twains Shall Meet" and the TITULAR movie summary felt like CBB in its purest form.

I want a weekly 30 minute podcast of just Claudia and Scott talking. Just Scott entertaining and trying to rationalize Claudia's silly notions.

• Like 8

Claudia is such a delight!

I could listen to an entire podcast of just these silly faces making up movie premises.

• Like 2

Whatcha need

It's a shame that the phrase "What you need" doesn't come up in conversation as often as "my wife" or "it's been (a while)".

• Like 2

Chipotle is now advertising on podcasts? Ha what.

That ad confused me because the only planchas I'm familiar with are in lucha libre, And they are not smoking hot.

• Like 1

A joking a salad, Claudia was a really good co-host. I would love for her to do her own podcast, maybe something premium on Howl.

• Like 1

Was Scott about to say the lead singer of INXS is JD Salinger? Hahaha so he does live! Maybe we can finally get to see "Hollywoo Celebrities! What do they know? Do they know things? Let's find out!"

• Like 3

CBB's been knocking it out of the park with the musical guests this year.

100% agree. I used to cringe whenever I saw a...

MYYYYUUUUUSICAL GUEST!

But as of 2015 they have been great, good, or at least game for what CBB is all about.

• Like 1

My future wife must have an Australian accent.

Is there somewhere I can go to meet Australian women?

• Like 1

(That's right, it's my 3rd post in a row! NO YOU SHUT UP!!!)

CORPSEFUCKER SHITLORD is hands down my favorite username. (guys fyi his secret identity is NICEMAN FOODLORD)

Grumpy Squirrel 2nd favorite username.

But still my soul belongs to thevoblex.

Gotta say Souprman is up there

• Like 2

Am I the only one that thinks Peaches' music is terrible

And about musical guests in general, Diane Coffee and American Football are both super great, AF especially

• Like 1

Am I the only one that thinks Peaches' music is terrible

There are 8+ billion people in the world, so I think it's safe to say that you're not the only one.

I like Peaches, but her music is definitely more niche than the other musical guests this year -- I've loved them all, especially Diane Coffee, but DC and American Football fit nicely into the wide swath of "indieish rock" while Peaches is pretty much firing off into Knob-Twiddling Electro-Raunch, so I'd expect people to run hot and cold on her a bit more than with the other two.

Boy oh boy, the payoff of finding out what the episode title is referring to is grand. Claudia is definitely one of the all-time great CBB guests at this point.

Gotta love that Peaches. I like lyrics that aren't funny funny. Like, you don't laugh, but you sort of think in your head "this is a silly thing for a person to do." Music that isn't intentionally bad enough to be interesting or funny enough to make you laugh is the best kind of music.

• Like 1

Well, I'm Horny: American/Canadian Romantic Tommy D Story, She Wrote

Starring Jessica "Mutt" Lange, Mark Twain, Shania Twain, Angela Lansbury, David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson

Official soundtrack:

"Whatcha Need" by JD Parrot and the INXS

"Always the Twain Shall Meet [at the Bottom of the Well Where, Of Course, They'll Be Fucking]" by Peaches feat. Shania Twain

"Wishing Well" by Sananda Maitreya

Metacritic score: C+

• Like 3

Well, I'm Horny: American/Canadian Romantic Tommy D Story, She Wrote

Starring Jessica "Mutt" Lange, Mark Twain, Shania Twain, Angela Langsbury, David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson

Official soundtrack:

"Whatcha Need" by JD Parrot and the INXS

"Always the Twain Shall Meet [at the Bottom of the Well Where, Of Course, They'll Be Fucking]" by Peaches feat. Shania Twain

"Wishing Well" by Sananda Maitreya

Metacritic score: C+

Fixed

• Like 3