🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 205 — Flaming Mop and Tuxedo

Chad Carter is one of the original improv4humans all-stars and this week he joins Matt Besser for a historic improv2humans! Listen as they Crap On YouTube and create scenes about keeping the largest Garfield collection non-visible by any means, offering a hundred dollars in order to make someone be quiet, and Morrissey pitching ideas for protest signs. Make sure to get the Upright Citizens Brigade television show season 3 now available on DVD, the UCB Comedy Improv Manual, and Dragoon’s new album at dragoongalaxy.bandcamp.com!

Humons,

Here is a breakdown of the scenes from this great episode.

- Crap on YouTube – “E News: Racial Debate turns into an argument” – Racist gets in fight everywhere he goes (2:09)

- Crap on YouTube – “Factory Entertainment Resin Statue Review” – Husband refuses to make Garfield statue collection visible to public (10:46)

- Let’s Talk Some More About That – Obsessing over box sizes – Customer tries to steal a lamp store’s best box (20:37)

- Crap on YouTube - “Fat Mike from NOFX offers $100 for a fan to leave the show” – Patron denies money to stop talking about complicated theories at restaurant (25:04)

- Let’s Talk Some More About That – Discussing tactics used on “The Last Ship” and zombie shows – Survivor tries new way to kill zombies despite success with other techniques (32:21)

- Crap on YouTube – "Trump Supporter Tears Up a Latino Protestor’s Sign. Smiles Happily Afterwards” – Morrissey pitches lyrical signs for protest (35:47)

- Crap on YouTube - “Hungarian camerawoman kicks, trips refugee” – Photographer goes to extremes to get the best shot (43:10)

- Crap on YouTube – “Walmart Chant” – Walmart employee isn’t comfortable with pre-work song parodies (50:11)

- Crap on YouTube - “How to Get Rid of Very Old Pet Stains and Odors” – Vacuum salesman sprinkles ashes of dead people on customer’s carpet (53:41)

- Crap on YouTube - "How to Survive a Traffic Stop: I Don’t Answer Questions” – TSA employee asks Besser randomly specific security questions (58:41)

- Crap on YouTube – Elimidate Episode – Date treats sloppy seconds very seriously (1:10:01)

- Kevin the intern's intern

• Like 1

Holy crap. It's amazing. Chad Carter is probably my favorite I4H guest; it didn't even feel like 2 people in the scenes.

EDIT: Meaning it felt like they had a full crew, not that they had less people.

• Like 2

Honestly, it made for a cleaner experience overall. There's probably few that could handle it as well as our host and Carter, but I'd like to see it more.

If anything, it's easier to schedule.

• Like 1

Regarding the traffic stop thing, I talk to the cops just because there is a good chance to get out of the ticket if its a minor infraction. Acting polite, contrite, and kinda dumb has gotten me out of everything I've ever been pulled over for.

Being a kinda sad but harmless looking white American helps too

• Like 1

Regarding the traffic stop thing, I talk to the cops just because there is a good chance to get out of the ticket if its a minor infraction. Acting polite, contrite, and kinda dumb has gotten me out of everything I've ever been pulled over for.

Being a kinda sad but harmless looking white American helps too

Yea, kinda like the Jews circa 1940.

I kinda like the Jews circa 1940 too!

• Like 1

"LET 'EM BRAG!

I eat shit every day, I work in a cubicle... I ride an elevator that's jammed full, and a subway that's full with farts! I have one Goddamn thing in my life that's mine alone and it's THE GARFIELD-A-TORIUM!!!

And I'm not I'M NOT GONNA SHARE IT WITH THE WORLD, MARGARET!!"

lmfao!! :lol::D:lol::D:lol:

This is the greatest tirade anyone has ever gone on on this show. Simply because the term, "Garfield-a-torium" bring me so much joy. I'm still giggling like a moron as I type this! And holy shit; what a DELIVERY! What an Intense and Electrifying performance! That character? You believe he is that sad and desperate, lol. If there were an award show for podcasts, Chad Carter would earn the highest honors for this moment, right here!

The very concept of salvaging Garfield merchandise from the bottom of the Sea... so ridiculous! :lol:

• Like 1

By the way, this episode had no right to be as good as it was. I knew as much about Besser, but Chad Carter is some kind of improvisation savant.

By the way, this episode had no right to be as good as it was. I knew as much about Besser, but Chad Carter is some kind of improvisation savant.

He really is great. I've only seen him live a handful of times doing a variety of show types but he's always stood out. His voice is unique and his ability to find the funny in a scene and really hammer home is great. One of the reasons it's obvious Matt likes having him on is because he seems to "get" where Matt is trying to go with a scene and he masterfully helps guide the journey that way. I remember he was kept on a bunch of shows when Matt was rotating people out during the Del Close marathon and it's clear why.

I've enjoyed his work on here and with UCB. Love it whenever he's on. Would love to hear him on Comedy Bang Bang in some roles.

Yeah, this episode was amazing. I thought the first time around it may have suffered a bit from over-narration, but I didn't get any such inklings during the re-listen. Like many have already said, Chad Carter is one of the best.