🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 44 - James Urbaniak: Boom Time with Jerry Branski

Welcome back to Boom Time with your host Jerry Branski (James Urbaniak)! It’s the podcast for, by, and about the Baby boom generation. It’s a blast from the past this week as Jerry is joined by fellow Vassar College alumni Shirley Arielle Giselle Winestock McGinley Rainbow X Harrison. They catch up on everything from the origins of her many names to singing back up with Sha Na Na at Woodstock. Later, Traci Reardon stops by to answer tweets about chili, ice cream, and changing your body in another edition of “Help Me, Rhonda.”

Every time Sha Na Na got mentioned, I kept expecting a reference to Hot Dog.

• Like 7

"Like Indiana Jones!"

"Well, you have a nice way of framing things."

"You were the rock."

• Like 1

JERRY: Our generation also kind of blazed a trail for divorce. Uhhh, uh, you of course-

SHIRLEY: I've done it a few times, but-

JERRY: You've done it a few times, but uh, I never did, but uh, I never remarried, but, yeah. I just, you've just gotta be careful because a young man, especially in this day and age, there's a lot of uhh, uh, temptation out there. There's a lot of stuff in the media. We can kind of blame ourselves for making divorce-- back in the '50s nobody got divorced.

SHIRLEY: Oh, I know.

JERRY: My parents should've gotten divorced but they stayed together for a very long time, so uh-

SHIRLEY: I don't think we'll be getting divorced.

JERRY: Well, you never know, is all I'm saying, but uhh-

SHIRLEY: Well, I don't think that.

JERRY: Ok.

Yeesh, Shirley. haha

I'd just like to take this opportunity of Urbaniak's lovely presence in this podcast to recommend with HIGHEST honors James' podcast 'Getting On w/James Urbaniak.' It's SO good. 22 eps. The last one, 'Status', is amazing. I'd recommend it if you're unfamiliar, and if it sparks something in you, go and listen to the other 21. They're all little fictional vignettes and can be listened to in any order.

Seriously. It's a gem of a podcast.

• Like 2

Holy shit awesome. One of my all time fav character actors. Psyched.

In my generation gay men happy.

The ice cream truck commercial was the best in a while.

• Like 1

really good ep.