🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 119 - Maximum Overdrive: LIVE!

This thread has surpassed the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze: LIVE! thread in page numbers.

• Like 3

I'm so sorry y'all. I hope you enjoyed my last post ever this has been great.

That's not even funny. Didn't you read Earwolf's Terms & Conditions for posting on the boards? You're not allowed to leave Taylor Anne--not now, not ever.

giphy.gif

• Like 4

This thread has surpassed the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze: LIVE! thread in page numbers.

I always get a kick out of which episodes get the most replies. If the mini-episode for this week doesn't come out soon, this thread is going to become a monster.

I mean, I just want the mini to come out so we can all ignore whatever movie is coming up, find out who Taylor Anne is going to pick a gif war with next, and talk about Mad Max: Fury Road--which I just got around to seeing.

• Like 3

I mean, I just want the mini to come out so we can all ignore whatever movie is coming up, find out who Taylor Anne is going to pick a gif war with next, and talk about Mad Max: Fury Road--which I just got around to seeing.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on MM: FR.

I think the next movie is probably Death Spa.

• Like 3

Don't test me. We could start this shit RIGHT NOW!

Oh! Evidently you need to be reminded how our little battle ended...

giphy.gif

• Like 3

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on MM: FR.

I think the next movie is probably Death Spa.

I was thinking it would be the reverse and be Perfect because then Death Spa could come out right before Halloween.

And the ratio of studio to live has tipped way in the favor of live lately. Not that I mind, both are great, but the live episodes make me wish I was there.

• Like 3

I fail to see the problem... P.S. I plan on using this gif A LOT! Just go ahead and prepares yourselves.

Just refer back to my last post is you want the reaction I have to that as well.

• Like 2

I was thinking it would be the reverse and be Perfect because then Death Spa could come out right before Halloween.

You're probably right. And it'd make more sense to space out the horror movies.

I just watched the trailers for Perfect and Death Spa. Spandex! Aerobics! Synth music! I'm excited to watch the movies and listen to the episodes.

And the ratio of studio to live has tipped way in the favor of live lately. Not that I mind, both are great, but the live episodes make me wish I was there.

I don't mind the live episodes either but I'm also missing the intimate atmosphere and better sound quality of the studio epidsodes. And I wish I was at the live shows too.

• Like 1

Don't be afraid, just watch it for awhile. It's guaranteed to lower your blood pressure. It's like a lava lamp.

siri-why-does-god-allow-suffering.gif

• Like 4

Although now that I think about it John Travolta doing aerobics sounds like a horror movie to me

gsrKlNr.gif

• Like 3

Although now that I think about it John Travolta doing aerobics sounds like a horror movie to me

I fail to see the problem...

8548737f780d36b1d0f7a3ff83963da2.gif

P.S. I plan on using this gif A LOT! Just go ahead and prepare yourselves.

• Like 2

Just refer back to my last post is you want the reaction I have to that as well.

Don't be afraid, just watch it for awhile. It's guaranteed to lower your blood pressure. It's like a lava lamp.

• Like 3

I'll gird my loins, just like Travolta apparently did.

• Like 2

ymeh58u.gif

I am actually surprised at how many gifs there are of Travolta gyrating his hips from this movie.

• Like 2

ymeh58u.gif

I am actually surprised at how many gifs there are of Travolta gyrating his hips from this movie.

Godammit! I actually took the love and care to make mine. Had I only known there were so many gifs readily available...

• Like 2

Because the mini-ep isn't here yet and those gifs are Travolt-ing, I found two relevant articles that I need to talk about

1. We still don't have a director for Fast & Furious 8, it's supposed to come out summer 2017

http://www.avclub.com/article/nobody-wants-direct-next-fast-furious-225793

2. Apparently, CBS want to make Island of Dr. Moreau into a TV series

http://www.avclub.com/article/cbs-plays-god-attempts-adapt-island-doctor-moreau-225584

• Like 3

Godammit! I actually took the love and care to make mine.

The love and care really come through the direct frontal hip thrusts.

• Like 2

Fucking hell

• Like 4

ymeh58u.gif

Oh! Evidently you need to be reminded how our little battle ended...

giphy.gif

This is not what I wanted for my Friday. How dare you all...

giphy.gif

• Like 6

Would you say he was trying to take his high into Maximum Overdrive?

yeaaaacsimiami_zps20c943f8.jpg

I'm so sorry y'all. I hope you enjoyed my last post ever this has been great.

I'm sorry but that is incorrect, you are missing one VERY important aspect of that joke:

giphy.gif

• Like 3

This is not what I wanted for my Friday. How dare you all...

giphy.gif

I finally got around to watching Grace and Frankie. It's really not my cup of tea, but I really just kept watching because June was so goddamn delightful in every scene she was in. Her character is the funniest one, and she plays her so well.

* Stephen King is famous for butting heads with Stanley Kubrick, who directed what can arguably be called the greatest adaptation of King's work: The Shining. And, that film is masterfully scary.

I couldn't disagree more. Kubrick's Shining is one of, if not the worst of all King adaptations. I know a movie adaptation can't include everything from the source novel, but there is SO much in the novel that Kubrick throws away. In the movie Jack's alcoholism is almost an afterthought, there is zero chemistry between Jack and Wendy, Jack and Wendy's struggle to keep their relationship together is nowhere in the movie, Jack's struggle with alcoholism and his growing insanity are barely mentioned ... and the main reason he is hired to stay at the hotel is forgotten - to turn the boiler off each night. This is a key plot in the novel and part of the climax and final fate of the hotel. But the movie just ignores it.

I have talked to people over the years about this movie. Those that have never read the book or watched the movie first usually love the movie. But almost all people that read the book first and loved it find the movie a terrible adaptation of the source material. It may be a great movie if it was an original work, but as a King adaptation, it fails on so many levels.

The casting is all wrong, the screenplay is all wrong. Kubrick can direct but if he didn't want to make a movie version of the novel then he should have written his own original haunted house movie.

So here we have Stephen King, given the resources to do Stephen King's writings justice, and what do we get? Maximum Overdrive. I wonder if King looks back on his clashes with Kubrick and feels humbled or ashamed.

He shouldn't. I reread the book and watched the movie within the past year and it still frustrates me how wrong the movie got almost everything from the book.

I guess though, I don't know why there has to be this binary set of options that the movie has to be completely faithful to the book or it has to be something completely original. Why can't it be something that is based on ideas from the book, but is still excellent in its own right? The book can be great, and the movie with all of its changes can also be great.

Although, I don't think Hardcheese was saying that it was the most faithful adaptation or the best representation of King's material, but the best movie that has come from King's material and many would argue that it is because it deviates so much from the book.

• Like 4

I guess though, I don't know why there has to be this binary set of options that the movie has to be completely faithful to the book or it has to be something completely original. Why can't it be something that is based on ideas from the book, but is still excellent in its own right? The book can be great, and the movie with all of its changes can also be great.

This is closer to what I was trying to express earlier in the thread. I totally agree.

Also, I think the novel The Shining is super boring and tedious, and I love the movie because it gets ride of all the bloated nonsense.

Oh, and taylorannephoto: Goblet of Fire still sucks.

• Like 3