🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
orange8

New band podcast?

S&S have mentioned that they may move on to a different band now that they've pretty much finished UTU2TM.

REM were mentioned, though I'd much prefer The Smiths or just a general music podcast, maybe a particular era?

From what I remember, Scott seemed to be a much bigger REM fan than Scott. I think maybe a general music one would work. As much as I'd love for a weekly ep, they can do it whenever they get a chance and don't really need to put an end stamp on it since they are talking about music, in general, throughout their lives. It would be cool if they sort of started at the earliest time period they can remember where they first got really into music. They could autobiographically talk about those years and the albums in the Scott & Scott way as they did for Hugh2. As much as they joke about not having listeners, they would at least have the same numbers as UTU2TM?

Possible names?

• Little Boys Before They Were Big Boys
  • Before There Were College Girls (with Scott & Scott)
  • Before There Was Cum (with Scott & Scott)
  • Earwolf Presents: Music Compendium
  • (2 Dipshits) Talkin' 'Bout Tunes

Music or not, anything with the Scotts I will listen to in a heartbeat. I always go to UTU2TM? when I am feeling depressed because they always bring me out of my anxious/depressed funk.

EDIT: I realize you can't have Cum and Dipshits in a podcast title but a little boy can dream

Edited by justsomeman

Same! I always go to UTU2TM when I'm feeling down, it's so reliably comforting. Theraputic, almost. Listened to each episode at least 3 or 4 times now.

'This is Good Rock 'n Roll, uh, Music' would be my choice.

I've noticed that UTU2TM's soundcloud has 828k followers, is this just people looking for U2? CBB has 37k...

I've noticed that UTU2TM's soundcloud has 828k followers, is this just people looking for U2? CBB has 37k...

Hahaha holy shit, that's a lot. They have to be just looking for U2. It would've been great if there were close to that many people in the crowd at SF Sketchfest episode.

Side note, I've never really thought to go to SoundCloud and look at the Earwolf program subscriptions. I listen via Podcast Republic and dick around on the Earwolf site so I've always been blind to the listener numbers.

Sign in to follow this