🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 377 — Good Night In The Morning

If they were coming on just to promote Orphan Black, they would do it around when the new season's actually coming out. The actors are actually fans of CBB.

Yeah I somehow missed that at the start. My bad.

• Like 1

It is the rare CBB that compels me to listen to it over Spontaneanation on Monday morning, but the words "Tatiana Maslany" will get me every time. The fact that I don't miss out on Monday morning PFT and get a BBBBONUSSSS Lauren Lapkus is just the icing on that particular cake.

• Like 8

I've never continuosly and consistently laughed so much at anything ever before this, I've got a fucking headache from laughing so much

• Like 4

It is the rare CBB that compels me to listen to it over Spontaneanation on Monday morning, but the words "Tatiana Maslany" will get me every time. The fact that I don't miss out on Monday morning PFT and get a BBBBONUSSSS Lauren Lapkus is just the icing on that particular cake.

I was pushed to the same decision and I do NOT have misgivings

• Like 3

The "No!" in unison around 20 minutes in... that was a moment I will struggle to explain to people, but my god, it destroyed me.

• Like 3

Someone get PFT and LL a TV show asap plz

I'd be happy just to finally get LL on SPONT.

This is definitely one of the best episodes so far this year. This one, the one with the contest winner/Andy Daly/PFT/LL, and last week's Wompler birthday are pretty much tied for the best in my book. This one might actually be slightly better just because of how much I love Tatiana Maslany and the fact that she did a character.

• Like 5

OMG OB ON CBB WITH PFT AND LL!!! Donnie and Alison are one of my favorite TV couples ever and I can't wait for next season or to listen to this!! Yeah!

• Like 2

Hmm is it just me or does it seem shows centred around people plugging things has become the norm instead of the exception. Isn't that what the BBB BONUSSSSSSSASASASA episodes where for?

I know you seemed to retract a bit later in the thread, but I think your point is valid. There's not much that can be done about it. CBB is a really popular podcast, and it's only natural guests want to come on and plug their stuff.

From a listening standpoint, sometimes it works (Gillian Jacobs/Colin Hanks) and sometimes it doesn't (John Heder/Jack Antonoff) - but it's the nature of the beast as the podcasting industry grows.

Man, I was totally hoping Scarsdale was gonna add something to the end of the "Closing up the plug bag" theme.

I love how we probably would've gotten a new addition to the plug bag theme if goddamn Willy Mapleton's addition wasn't making everyone laugh so hard.

• Like 3

Jesus what an episode. It moves at 100mph from the get-go and I loved every second of it. PFT had some real classic off mic laughter but right at the end when Scott wants everyone to do a one-line catchphrase he does this perfect squeal/giggle that's possibly goat in regards to off-mic PFT laughter.

• Like 2

Chiming in on the "people plugging on CBB" topic, taking a look at the last 7 eps (371 - 377) shows that other than myuuuuusical guests Diane Coffee and Peaches, only Jemaine Clement was on expressly for promotion.

377 - Tatiana Maslany, Kristian Bruun, PFT, Lapkus

376 - Peaches, O'Doherty, Hines - the concept of music PLUGGED

375 - St. Clair, Parham, Huskey, Morris, Lapkus & Mantzoukas

374 - Campbell, Rust, Gillespie

373 - Eric Stonestreet, Brendon Small

372 - Diane Coffee, Hanford, Sanz - the concept of music PLUGGED

371 - Jemaine Clement, Wild Horses - Clement film PLUGGED

I give musical guests a pass because what they're there to ostensibly promote is also what they just flat out DO on the podcast— they play some songs. Guests being in the industry and Scott asking them about their career doesn't necessarily equate to guests only showing up to hock their new projects. I'd count Stonestreet among these types of guests. He was there to chat. The fact that he is on Modern Family is impossible to ignore.

In a month, out of 7 episodes, 3 had guests there to promote, and of those 3, only 1 was a non-musical guest. The other 2 played songs. Not bad.

Go back another 7 eps, and there are more people on to plug projects, and a lot of them are Earwolf family. If they can't plug on CBB, where can they plug? Amy Poehler came on whenever a new season of Parks started. Benny Schwaz came on whenever a new season of House of Pies LIVE started. There's a Plugs section in the show. CBB is part talk show. Promotion is part and parcel with it.

370 - PFT, Gourley - Howl PLUGGED

369 - Savage, Wilson, Phirman, Schneider - Hotwives PLUGGED

368 - Scheer, Huebel - Crash Test PLUGGED

367 - Gelman, J.Daly, Heidecker

366 - Goldthwait, Wengert, Hines - Bobcat film PLUGGED

365 - Mantzoukas, A.Daly, PFT

364 - Michael Ian Black, Lapkus - MIB PLUGGED

Unfamiliar guests there to promote has never been a B-B-B-Bonus-s-s-s episode thing. I believe Scott once said those eps were for more regular-CBB type stuff after a Monday show had a first-time guest who was there primarily to promote. Also, a Thursday CBB is often used for Scott to plug himself, since it's a good reminder for everyone to tune in to CBBTV on Thursday or Friday nights over the past few years.

There are a lot of reasons to have Thursday eps, and unfamiliar guests coming on to plug their projects has never really been the impetus for a Thursday show, to the best of my recollection.

• Like 10

Phil Collins meets a woman with AIDS and immediately begins a sexual relationship with her. Sounds like he's an...easy lover.

• Like 11

I wasn't yet listening to CBB 'live' in time for F&P1/Time Bobby/the early Daly/Zouks eps, but this one might just be my equivalent: that unmistakable feeling of an instant classic, maybe even GOAT. There wasn't a minute of this that didn't have me laughing like a maniac. Majestic.

• Like 2