🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

EPISODE 102 — Joe Wengert Again, Our Close Friend

The Champs is great! My favorite ep is Danny Brown but I think 5xOs likes the older ones. There are some crazy stories on this show! And it's truly thought provoking and hilarious. I think Moshe and Neal recommend the Blake Griffin ones when they're asked about it

• Like 1

guys now Joe Lerini was mean to me.

I'll handle this soupster:

__Joe__, soup understands why or how you may feel, but it makes him feel __sad__ and __stupid__when you say, "__your posts are shit__" Next time please ___dont do that___.

*Humbly edited font color because I respond to feedback very well all the time and I am a very good person.

• Like 5

I'll handle this soupster:

__Joe__, soup understands why or how you may feel, but it makes him feel __sad__ and __stupid__when you say, "__your posts are shit__" Next time please ___dont do that___.

Silvrwoman, with all due respect, that blue font pisses me off. Please refrain from using such a shitty letter color and font in the future. Thank you for your time.

• Like 7

__Joe__, EW Scripps understands why or how you may feel, but it makes him feel __out of touch with its consumer base__ and __stupid__when you say, "__your fonts are shit__" Next time please ___pay me 5 dollars___.

*Edited font color so I don't get sued for causing seizures

• Like 6

Hello, Drunk Chanson here........ Doin' great tonight. Got a lady with me.... Do not know why she agreed to come home with me...... Poor judgement in my opinion.....

• Like 15

Hello, Drunk Chanson here........ Doin' great tonight. Got a lady with me.... Do not know why she agreed to come home with me...... Poor judgement in my opinion.....

Hi Drunk Chanson!

Shouldn't you be "entertaining" your lady friend rather than posting on the forums?

• Like 16

Hi Drunk Chanson!

Shouldn't you be "entertaining" your lady friend rather than posting on the forums?

Seems like Chanman has got his priorites in order

• Like 12

Yeah, I asked a genuine and (in my opinion anyway) well-thought-out question on the Spont forum, and he just answered it with "NOPE!"

So...I haven't asked any more questions. There was nothing *mean* about his response, per se, but he totally lost his shiz on a couple forum members who were clearly joking, and I don't want to be one of those guys.

• Like 8

I think this might be a probably of not being able to convey tone through typing. You just have to read everything PFT types aloud in his jovial, smiley voice and your feelies won't get hurt.

• Like 5

Yo, This is Racist - Not racist enough.

Spontaneanation - Too planned out.

Comedy Bang Bang - not enough 'splosions.

Question of the Day - Too nosey.

Who Charted? - Whomever smelt it.

Womp it Up - Too sexy.

Nerd Poker - Too sexy.

Hollywood Handbook - Just right.

• Like 14

Is this is a safe place to complain about other podcasts? Let's do it.

• Hollywood Handbook - it's great and I never have any complaints. always laughing. always having fun
  • Comedy Bang Bang - I love it. some eps are better than others. Forum commenters are weirdly nit-picky about everything that happens. My one complaint - I reallly don't like the most recent, and past, Marissa Womplers Birthday eps. Too many people. everyone is yelling and stepping on each other's jokes. No one on the CBB forums shares this opinion. They're all just jerking each other off over how great it is. I'm confused and it makes me uncomfortable to have opinions that are different from most people. Someone please validate me.
  • SPONT - PFT is a delight (regardless of how he treats souprman and JacobC). I enjoy the interview section, but the improv part I could take or leave sometimes
  • Who Charted - I'm a casual fan of this show. Only really listen when I like the guest. Seems like every episode is pretty much the same. They need more charts! Howard is funny, but Kulap think he's too funny, if that makes sense.
  • Lauren Lapkus - some eps were pretty funny. I missed the last 30 so I can't really say

This has been the round-up

• Like 13

I have mostly lukewarm feelings toward all the Wompler eps of CBB, and I'm afraid that that makes me a bad feminist.

• Like 8

We're complaining? Finally, something I'm good at.

Comedy Bang Bang - Scott got too confident when they dropped the Death Ray, he should just calm down and let his guests bring the funny.

Never Not Funny - Primo killed the comedy star. The best thing about the show was that it was just a couple of comedians who were friends sharing stories. Now it's Jimmy being slightly racist and misogynistic for half an hour (but it's okay guys cuz dats da joke lolol) followed by guests trying to keep up.

Who Charted? - Howard is self-centered and Kulap feeds his ego one "oh How-How" at a time.

Hollywood Handbook - The podcast will either drown in it's own cum or we'll figure out a way to convert semen into oxygen and win an award for Earwolf's largest circle-jerk.

Yo, is this Racist - No complaints, solid entertainment.

• Like 6

Is this is a safe place to complain about other podcasts? Let's do it.

• Hollywood Handbook - it's great and I never have any complaints. always laughing. always having fun
  • Comedy Bang Bang - I love it. some eps are better than others. Forum commenters are weirdly nit-picky about everything that happens. My one complaint - I reallly don't like the most recent, and past, Marissa Womplers Birthday eps. Too many people. everyone is yelling and stepping on each other's jokes. No one on the CBB forums shares this opinion. They're all just jerking each other off over how great it is. I'm confused and it makes me uncomfortable to have opinions that are different from most people. Someone please validate me.
  • SPONT - PFT is a delight (regardless of how he treats souprman and JacobC). I enjoy the interview section, but the improv part I could take or leave sometimes
  • Who Charted - I'm a casual fan of this show. Only really listen when I like the guest. Seems like every episode is pretty much the same. They need more charts! Howard is funny, but Kulap think he's too funny, if that makes sense.
  • Lauren Lapkus - some eps were pretty funny. I missed the last 30 so I can't really say

This has been the round-up

Wow Steve, I agree with you a lot.

Hollywood Handbook-I love it. I always enjoy. Never a dud episode. Best pod since the Ricky Gervais one back in the day.

Comedy Bang Bang-I am not sure if it is because of HOWL but I feel like a pall has been cast over recent CBB eps. I am still loving it but over the last year or so it seems more hit or miss. Maybe Scott is spread too thin with the TV show? Womptaculars aren't as fun as they used to be.

Spont-I have listened to like 3 times and while it was okay I like I4H better.

Who Charted-Regarding Kulap...she acts like Howard is borderline retarded. I have listened to almost all the eps and I am there for Howard and the guest. The best eps are when Kulap is gone. I don't hate her but okay I kinda do. I get annoyed when she is like "buddy!" in a very condescending tone. Natty Legs is a really great fill in co host because she "gets" Howard more and seems delighted by him.

Lauren Lapkus-I just don't think it works the majority of the time. These characs are great playing off Scott but after about 5 minutes of this show I am bored out of my mind except of course for the time that Hayes and Sean were on which was an out of this world amazing pod.

How Did This Get Made-Still crazy after all these years

Improv 4 humans-I gotta admit I didn't like some stuff I read about Matt Besser harassing people on Amazon over his book but I still really enjoy the pod. I like his take on things and Crap on youtube is a very fun bit and they always have great guests and remember that time souprman was on? What a pod.

Drunk Chanson-Somewhat enjoyable but I really feel he should have taken a break from the forums to focus more on that lady he brought over.

• Like 18

I relistened to this week's epi while walking around town and i gotta say: it's a good one. nice of sean to step in and make sure we all know hayes doesn't think wasps do the bee-gut-stinger thing, nice of joegert to just pal out. Uh, Andrew Ti seemed a little angry but I think that's just how Sean takes most people.

• Like 7

Great opinions Muffie, the CBB one mirrors my own, except I think Drunk Chanson should have Live Boofed his experience. "for each Like this post gets I'll go deeper in the alphabet with my technique"

• Like 6

time to air podcast grievances

Hollywood Handbook - the best show.

The Best Show - too long, still good. maybe make it 2hr

The Champs - no drops. the drops were the best part.

Comedy Bang Bang - great show. not enough Hayes and Sean apearances

Mike & Tom Eat Snacks - everybody knows that wacko-snacko is the best way to do the show, do it every time

Getting Doug With High - every episode where the person says in the beginning that they don't really smoke is bad. They just don't talk very much and I can't really do an hour of all-benson.

• Like 6

It's a common complaint, but I wish How Did This Get Made? would do less live shows. I mean I get it, it makes more financial sense and is probably more fun for them to do live shows, but the studio ones are better to listen to. But then again, the three of them are just so damn like-able, so whatever. I'm not good at this.

• Like 6

It's a common complaint, but I wish How Did This Get Made? would do less live shows. I mean I get it, it makes more financial sense and is probably more fun for them to do live shows, but the studio ones are better to listen to. But then again, the three of them are just so damn like-able, so whatever. I'm not good at this.

I don't mind the live eps (when the audio is fine). I think they have a great energy. What I hate are the dumb audience "questions". The ultimate circle jerk of hipster comedy nerds vying for podcast immortality....and failing.

• Like 3

I have very complicated feelings about Doug Benson. I agree with the thing that everyone says about a 50 year old guy just only talking about weed all the time being sad. but it's really just the idea of that I don't like. I didn't watch his movie about him smoking pot and then not smoking pot or whatever, because who cares? I watched one ep of getting doug with high and it was not particularly enjoyable, so I didn't watch any more.

Whenever I occasionally listen to DLM or hear him as a guest on other podcasts, I find him to be likeable and funny. I think maybe what's really happening here is resentment towards a guy who had made a pretty comfortable living for himself just by being known as a funny guy who smoke a lot of weed. Everybody knows that guy. Maybe some of us even are that guy, but Benson is getting paid for it.

• Like 7