🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

EPISODE 102 — Joe Wengert Again, Our Close Friend

Reflection On This Week's Thread by souprman -

Hey guys, great thread this week. Really good stuff, the sincere shares and the slyly sarcastic shares, even the insanely hostile shares. Getting to hear greggy talk about things in the podcast-o-verse that he may find less than wonderful? That's gold people.

In other news Steve Zissou did a little drive-by. Shots were fired. Things got awkward.

Details are still scarce about Chanson's encounter with a woman-person-of-the-female-gender. No comment yet from Dreidel.

I like the influx of folks who are usually more active on other forums. My Wife!

Y'know guys, I learned something this week. I really love posts written by drunk people. I personally don't drink alcohol. So it's a kinda vicarious... I don't know what to call it. I guess I just like reading your dumb drunk posts. You silly ass drunky drunks. Who's a drunky? Who is? You are! Yes you are a drunky drunk drunky! That's right type ALL your thoughts into the reply window. Good drunky. That's right, now click POST. There you go! You did it! And we are all really grateful.

What else, what else? Um, so where are you guys from? (reference)

• Like 7

I just stalked my horrifying deadbeat ex boyfriend's twitter for the first time in months. Apparently he listens to Hollywood Handbook now. How dare he taint the love of my life like this?

For what its worth, he probably just pretends to get the jokes.

• Like 6

I was just doing a bit , you guys! Every pod is great! When my new phone comes to replace my toilet phone I for real would subscribe to Howl if it were an iPhone which it isn't. That is from my heart unlike the other not so nice stuff I said.

Really had you dummies going! Ha!

• Like 3

It's insane, this guys taint

I don't appreciate this outside reference, and I don't think Hayes or Sean will either.

• Like 1

You guys like Blink 182?

I love their self-titled album. Recently relistened to it and got chills. So good!

Maybe I forgot to mention that I'm a howl premium subscriber. So I paid for the right to criticize podcasts that I like

• Like 7

Hello Friends.

Recent drunk posts convinced me that I could do the same. I was extremely hesitant to post whilst under the influence but I have now succumbed to peer pressure. Please do not read this post and understand that it should never have been posted at all.

Podcast critiques:

CBB: I recognize that this show has become a bit stale but more episodes are hits than misses. Scott is probably the most perfect straight man we've ever witnessed. I feel that the show is on a big upswing lately. There was a substantial stretch of episodes that I thought were trash. But the more recent episodes are good and have made me go "HAHAHAHHA".

HDTGM: i have a big problem with this podcast. it was my first podcast love but I have subsequently realized that it really is completely incoherent if you haven't seen the movie. Even for the movies I have seen, Mantz' shtick is wearing thin. I love Paul for human giant and NTSF but

• Like 3

Hello Friends.

Recent drunk posts convinced me that I could do the same. I was extremely hesitant to post whilst under the influence but I have now succumbed to peer pressure. Please do not read this post and understand that it should never have been posted at all.

Podcast critiques:

CBB: I recognize that this show has become a bit stale but more episodes are hits than misses. Scott is probably the most perfect straight man we've ever witnessed. I feel that the show is on a big upswing lately. There was a substantial stretch of episodes that I thought were trash. But the more recent episodes are good and have made me go "HAHAHAHHA".

HDTGM: i have a big problem with this podcast. it was my first podcast love but I have subsequently realized that it really is completely incoherent if you haven't seen the movie. Even for the movies I have seen, Mantz' shtick is wearing thin. I love Paul for human giant and NTSF but

My internet shit out and I lost a huge essay on my podcast tastes...........

I realize no one gives a shit so I will just give brief gradings.

CBB - 8/10 - usually great

HDTGM - 6/10 - Meh. Too many live episodes. Too often boils down to yelling incoherently about movies that no one should watch.

Cracked - 0/10 - just no

I4H - 9/10 - Nostalgia may be blinding me but I think this is one of the best podcasts ever

Nerd Poker - 3/10 - Was once ok. Is now worthless.

NNF - Cannot rate this fairly. So many episodes. Haven't listened to enough.

Prof Blastoff - 4/10 - I fucking loved this show for the first while. As a scientist, I HATE huntsberger. childhood naivety should not extend into adulthood!

Spont - 5/10 - don't know why. Can't get into this.

Who Charted - 5/10 - I typed a VERY long thing on this podcast. Boils down to: Summah shtick got old. Kulap ain't funny.

WSGLL - 6/10 - Meh. Its ok sometimes.

Womp - 7/10 - I actually like this show quite a bit.

Others:

Worst Idea of all time. (Great; check it out). Guys we fucked (I hate-listen); Cashing-in with TJ Miller (Semi-hate listen); X-Files-Files (Wanted to love, Now I hate listen).

No one will read this post; no one should read this post. Please pretend like this never happened.

• Like 11

I'm drunk with a guy friend kinda like Chason's recent post. I know like Dairy Pillows would say, I should be "entertaining" him but he doesn't listen to podcasts, so I'm not sure how to

• Like 12

I'm drunk with a guy friend kinda like Chason's recent post. I know like Dairy Pillows would say, I should be "entertaining" him but he doesn't listen to podcasts, so I'm not sure how to

poon this guy

• Like 11

My sister forces me to go out in public for one night and not read forums about podcasts and everyone here gets delusions of grandeur. Too many page of too many complaints. Cum on guys

• Like 5

Jump him woman!!! It really doesn't take much effort to initiate these things.

And if I'm not getting any I would like to live vicariously through you and Drunk Chanson. (Not you too together of course... although now that I think about it........ nope.... wait maybe if........ no, bad idea)

• Like 10

i want to live bicuriously through chanson, get that dick boy!

I believe "Get that dick boy" is Chanson's mantra.

• Like 11

when in doubt, softshoe

I don't know softshoe, but can I dance to "Too Close"

I hope this is the correct video. I can't really play it cause I don't want dude to know I'm on a forum

• Like 2

If someone yr with doesn't listen to podcasts it's very easy to entertain them because you can just steal jokes wholesale from all yr pod-favourites.

It's my birthday and I'm with some guy who wants to produce a podcast of anything I want to do. I'm drunk and don't kno wat to do.

Happy birthday and happy birthday-pod.

• Like 10

The show was good but the sound quality was top notch. Great for headphones and also for earbuds. I don't think the below the line guys [or gals] get the credit they have earned.

• Like 8

I'm still drunk. Want my opinions on p-casts?

Comedy bang bang is good when they done have stupid stand ups who take themselves too seriously. Fuck you danecook and nick swardso .

With special guest super good sumtimes. Super ungood sometimes.

Spont is good most of the time but I'm never excited about it.

HH is the best.

Woomnp it up is cool.

Hdtgm is funny all the time, and the people who ask questions are cool. I relistened to the ep when dairy pillows aasked her question and thought she did great.

I can't think of any other shoes. I'm real drunk. Is everyone cool?

• Like 9