🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 206 — The White Buffalo and the Bickering Duo

It's 3am on the East Coast, and I'm already excited to wake up and hear this lineup in the morning.

• Like 1

Great ep.

Bro there is no way you've listened to the whole thing already, YOU LIAR

• Like 1

Singer-songwriter Jake Smith of The White Buffalo joins Eugene Cordero, Stephanie Allynne, and Seth Morris on another musical edition of improv4humans with Matt Besser! The White Buffalo will perform songs live in-studio from his new album “Love & The Death of Damnation” that will inspire scenes about entitled millennials taking positions in the Supreme Court, wanting more production value for the Birds and the Bees talk, and a popular duo of singers who are famous for bickering in their songs. Make sure to get the Upright Citizens Brigade television show season 3 now available on DVD, the UCB Comedy Improv Manual, and pick up The White Buffalo’s music over at www.thewhitebuffalo.com!

Humons,

This is a breakdown of the scenes from this episode.

- “Chico” – Constantly high drug dealer joins a fun cartel (1:40)

- Let’s Talk Some More About That Song – Donald Trump Piñatas – Customer wants to buy unbreakable piñata that looks like his brother (10:14)

- “Go The Distance” - Man lives with a broken penis after his boss tells him to go fuck himself (14:37)

- Let’s Talk Some More About That Song - Impatient family fights in Taco Bell drive-thru about what to order from bizarre menu (24:54)

- “Modern Times” – Supreme Court judges argue about a case with the youngest Supreme Court judge ever (30:37)

- Let’s Talk Some More About That Song – Millennials feeling sense of entitlement – Parents have sex in front of son after he tells them to make a new birds and the bees talk (39:43)

- I Got You” – A dating duet’s bickering songs inspire teen couples (45:34)

- Let’s Talk Some More About That Song – Making art to show your love for someone – Secondary stars in reality show want their own show (58:11)

- Kevin The Intern's Intern

If the musical guest ain't yo bag, just skip those parts, it's not that difficult... The improv is still on point!

• Like 1

Dear Howl:

Please put new episodes of your shows on your app so I can listen to them.

All the best,

This Guy

• Like 1

Great ep! I would love to debate Besser on Millennials, but really great improv by everybody.

• Like 1

Great ep! I would love to debate Besser on Millennials, but really great improv by everybody.

Completely agree with you, and also on board for the millennial debate.

One of my biggest pet peeves when talking about "the entitled generation" is that talk about trophies and awards. Participation awards don't remove incentive or provide unnecessary praise. They're keepsakes and reminders for the positive experience. Earned awards are still given for above-average excellence, statistics/records also serve to that effect. Plus, most of these are for little league exhibition-style games - the players that care about succeeding and winning join tournament and travel teams.

• Like 1

Man, that scene where Seth's character has a broken dick is so quiet at times I feel like it's trying to trigger ASMR for me.

• Like 3

I enjoy the musical guest eps thoroughly. I also happen to have a similar taste in music, so it's nice to find people I haven't heard before on a podcast I enjoy. Taking a strong stand here.

• Like 2

Man, that scene where Seth's character has a broken dick is so quiet at times I feel like it's trying to trigger ASMR for me.

ssk ssk ssk sex serpent needs 'sicle sticks to sustain stiffnessk ssk ssk

• Like 1

I like the musical guests cause Matt's got great taste in music and I've discovered some brilliant artists/bands, like Hallelujah The Hills and Allison Weiss, thanks to those episodes. But as far as episodes go I prefer ones where they're more fucking around pre and during scenes, like the 4/20 episode was perfection, and that the mg eps aren't usually like that, so yeah

• Like 1

So good! I thought this dude's lyrics were a little too on-the-nose for my liking, but he had a great voice. Really the perfect kind of guest for this show; it was cool how his lyrics told such a story on their own that they didn't even dissect it before jumping into a scene.

I almost choked to death laughing at the birds and bees scene.

Bro there is no way you've listened to the whole thing already, YOU LIAR

I need a placeholder comment for when I make the breakdowns. But to your point, I'll just say "This is the # comment."

"You told me to go fuck myself and your my boss so I considered that an order" You could tell was about to bust up laughing, so hilarious

Completely agree with you, and also on board for the millennial debate.

One of my biggest pet peeves when talking about "the entitled generation" is that talk about trophies and awards. Participation awards don't remove incentive or provide unnecessary praise. They're keepsakes and reminders for the positive experience. Earned awards are still given for above-average excellence, statistics/records also serve to that effect. Plus, most of these are for little league exhibition-style games - the players that care about succeeding and winning join tournament and travel teams.

I dunno, I'm a millennial myself and I feel that while growing up, competitiveness was actively discouraged in most settings. I also feel like our generation feels like it's up to the government to make sure their living standards are up to par... But then again I live in a hyper-progressive city in a hyper-progressive province. School system really did instill in us a sense that being a "citizen" and looking to authority to solve problems is always preferable to individualism and solving problems by yourself. I definitely get that sense from a lot of people my age.

• Like 1