🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Joe McGurl

Survivor Season 31 - Second Chance discussion thread

Okay, I'm finally caught up on Survivor. Phew. Great so far.

One complaint -- not nearly enough Keith in these 2 episodes !!! Hopefully that will change next week.

Varner is pretty great in the meantime.

So, classic mistake there by Spencer and Shirin, making themselves an obvious "pair" and therefore a target ! Did Shirin learn nothing from last time when she paired up with Max ? You gotta keep them tight alliance pairs as secret as a hidden immunity idol, everyone knows that.

I still have faith in Spencer though.

I can't figure Woo out. I want to root for him (woot for him?).

Intrigued to see how Joe's story will play out. How hilarious if he just breezes through super popular and winning challenges and finding idols. Not likely though.

I'm kind of glad that Abi is back. Does that make me a bad person ?

Looking forward to next week !!!

• Like 5

yeah i would love to get more keith

• Like 3

Who's going home tonight ? Who can say at this point in the game !

However, I'll take a wild guess. Fingers crossed for that sweet "Doritos Jacked 3D: Bold Prediction of the Week" award.

I'm thinking that we might see something come of the the Jeremy/Fishbach incident from last week when Fishbach misread the room and accused Jeremy of idol scavenging, when he was actually just off crying for his wife. Please, no crying this week. Do you think Jeff cries when he misses his wife ? No he does not.

This week, camp paranoia sets in when word spreads that, hey, maybe Fishbach is right, maybe Jeremy wasn't crying for his wife, but was actually looking for an idol !!

So I'm going to predict this weeks boot will be ........ Jeremy

• Like 3

im going the opposite way and say fishbach so we can have a rivalry, i think joe is waiting for a few more predictions before handing out the trophy tho

• Like 3

so i don't know anything about tribes switching so i'm going to say abi maria

i'm boring

• Like 2

oh right they may not even be on the tribe anymore, there goes that rivalry

• Like 3

The other camp looks like paradise, Joe is approaching Malcolm status. Not as handsome but he seems like a man I could be a best friend with.

back off my man.

• Like 5

Hey stop fighting over me lol! No jk I know you aren't talking about me, just having some fun.

Hard to say who goes home this week due to the tribe swap BUT I'm taking a stab in the dark and saying Kimmi.

And just...please please please put Spencer and Kass together. The producers would be nuts not to.

Also, the Doritos Jacked 3D: Bold Prediction of the Week goes to - TWO TIMES IN A ROW MARSHALL MELLOW Because Jeremy is my pick to win and that would be bold, right?

• Like 3

T2o4hQb.png

disappointed but cant say i disagree with that pick

• Like 4

Not as many notes this week because I was at work and kept getting interrupted while trying to watch but overall this was a very fun episode, I thought.

Lol at the newly formed Angkor tribe. They have pretty much the weakest group physically and mentally. They're fucked.

Meanwhile the new Ta Keo tribe is a powerhouse and is going to run the goddamn board at challenges.

Spencer's new strategy: feelings

Come on Spence, you can't tell Jeremy that you haven't told your girlfriend that you love her yet...do you KNOW how much Jeremy loves his wife? No? Well, he'll tell you about it anyway

Ah, the continuing saga of Fishbach trying to chop things in half and failing in massive ways continues

Woah Monica gets a confessional!

Joe has been at the Ta Keo camp for two seconds and has already put up hammocks for everyone and has caught a million fish and has tailored fitted survivor suits for everyone and solved the cure for the common cold

Woah Ciera gets a confessional too!

Keith struggling to get into the hammock was pretty much all that was shown of him this week but it was all I needed baby

GOddamn, I actually really like Kass this season. What's happening

Wentworth stays at the same camp, I wonder what would've happened to the hidden immunity idol that she buried if she had to move camps? Would the producers give it to her?

Wentworth is very gif-able this season

tumblr_nvvu9x7If61qef1zeo4_400.gif

Angkor is already terrible.

PG and Abi are fighting over who is more dry because of course they are. Amazing

Lol at Varner telling the rain to fuck off

Abi is VERY trustworthy and loyal you guys. She's proven this. I mean she's already voted with two different alliances at tribal

Abi thinks Varner is NOT to be trusted

Jeremy grabbing that hidden immunity idol was NOT smooth at all

Ta Keo, as predicted is fuckin steamrolling this challenge

There is nothing that Joe can't do (ps calling a strong Joe and Kass alliance making a deep run post merge.)

What the hell was that from Varner at the end of the challenge?

Tasha's "we got a rat" block move was pretty great lol

Okay Varner, your tribe is gunning for you, what should you do? Take a nap? Yeah that works too

And just like that, PG and Abi's pettiness saves Varner from being voted out

Abi summed up in one gif:

giphy.gif

Varner brings up a good point at tribal. It's pretty nuts that Tasha and Savage went from being at a 4-2 vote disadvantage to running the vote. Pretty slick gameplay from them, gotta give them props.

Aw PG :/ I'll miss your pretty face but hooray the Woo blindside face is back!!

Abi when she successfully votes PG out

tumblr_inline_nvvmr7Nr5X1tyiyy0_500.gif

THAT'S TWICE YOU WROTE MY NAME

Say what you will about Abi but she's now 2-0 at voting people out who are against her. I mean, it's not like she's doing any of the real strategizing but she's been the catalyst behind them. And as we all know...

tumblr_nviwz5VPQC1ufcxbuo1_250.gif

I think Tasha and Savage ultimately made the right move. Abi is like having a rabid dog on your alliance. You just let her run around stirring shit up and drawing all of the attention to her while you make the moves to get people out and then when the time comes, just put her down.

Also, I don't think I've ever both simultaneously hated and loved a cast member as much as Abi this season. She is very annoying but also making incredible tv.

• Like 9

I have three notes.. Speaking of three!

Tribe switch! Three tribes are you kidding me?

Tasha shows the world that she is a mathematical savant and a bit of a poker shark by confidently admitting she will "play the cards im dealt" giving her a statistically greater advantage opposed to "folding."

Spencer reveals his troubles to Jeremy concerning his life as a robot unable to feel any human emotion.

• Like 8

Great episode ! Here are my thoughts on the new tribes !

TA KEO

Keith is still there. Is he in an alliance ? Who knows. Probably not. Kass is in the background being well-behaved for now. Seems like she's in an alliance with Ciera and Joe. But you know she's just waiting for the right time to cause some Chaos. This might be good for Terry and Wentworth. Wentworth is trying to make sure Terry gets voted out before her. Probably because Terry isn't a strategic player. But maybe Terry could win over Keith and then get Kass to cause trouble and they could all blindside Joe ! #Blindside

BAYON

This tribe is abit boring. Monica and Kimmi continue to get zero air-time so we should probably not care about them going forward. Wigglesworth is taking strategy tips from that "rat" Varner ? Fishbach will always be the worst at everything. Spencer is getting the golden redemption edit. Jeremy has an idol now - well played Jeremy. Either Spencer or Jeremy will end up running this tribe of losers. Maybe that idol will decide. #IdolPower

ANGKOR

Abi continues to get all of the air-time this season. Tasha and Savage played great this week. Woo is no longer in an alliance and he's on Abi's radar. Oh boy. Would love to see Woo take her down. Varner is all over the place. It was very dumb of the 4 to vote out Peih-Gee, one of their own. You got to keep your numbers in Survivor before the merge ! Tasha and Savage are there to stay, as they are the smartest ones in this tribe, so if when they lose again next week, they should really get rid of Abi next. #FreeWoo

• Like 7

Wow. What an episode. I don't have too much to add, because most of what I was thinking has been said pretty well already.

Tribe swap: The good thing about having players who have already been on the show is that they are all delusional enough to say to a camera and to their new tribesmates, "We got so lucky, we have a good tribe, this is a strong tribe, we are going to be good." That is except for Angkor, because come on that tribe is garbage. They don't have a shelter or food and now they are down one person. Good luck you dummies.

Jeremy finds the clue to the idol. I like Jeremy. I don't really have any other thoughts than he and Kelley both have idols now and neither of them need an idol since they're both physical and not socially inept. It's good though because now Fishbach will never find one and he's doomed to just slap stuff with a machete until he's voted out.

Tasha keeps it 100, no busters allowed.

Varner has completely lost his mind. It's as if he hasn't been outside once since he was on the show the last time. He spent the majority of the episode yelling, sleeping, or being angry at clouds.

Guess what guys, Abi still "doesn't know what you are trying to say right now." It may be because english is her second language, but more likely it's because she's a paranoid monster person with no self awareness. I still think she will be dragged to the merge because she's a non-factor in this game.

The challenge was cool, but let's be honest Probst should have just sent Ta keo and Bayon back to camp immediately. There is no universe in which Angkor would have won.

Woo's edit is amazing. He comes off as confused. Not about his alliance but about the game itself and his surroundings. The producers make it look like Woo has never even seen the show survivor much less participated and done well in it.

P.G. was voted out. Seems dumb to me but ok. The next few episodes will surely be watching Angkor self-destruct. Good stuff Probst.

• Like 6

Savage confuses me because I want him to be my dad but I also want to date him.

• Like 3

oh good call bruce, it didnt occur to me how the two people with idols probably dont need them but im also glad theyre out of the hands of that lil schemer fishback

• Like 5

Abi is the Babadook, Agata. Once it has been unleashed, there is no making it go away. You just have to make sacrificial offerings in order to appease it.

• Like 8

No one is afraid of Abi because she's too stupid to win, but could she be... too stupid to lose. No actually. No. She'll be gone soon.

Also, can't wait for next week's challenge as it looks like people gonna get hurt.

• Like 5

Also, to address another of Agata's notes, yes, Jeff heckling the contestants throughout the challenges is pretty standard. Also, watch out for his comments to get pretty cheeky when there's a challenge with balls involved. I personally can't wait to hear comments like "Tasha is eyeing up Joe's balls" or "Kass made a grab for Woo's pair of balls" or "no-one is interested in Keiths low-hanging balls". Oh, Jeff !

• Like 3

This week in "Wildly Inaccurate Survivor Predictions"

Ta Keo win the Immunity Challenge. Angkor pull out a surprise 2nd place win in the Immunity Challenge, sending Bayon to Tribal Council !!

Spencer and Wiglesworth are on the chopping block right away -- not being former Bayon tribers -- so they start scrambling for their sweet Survivor lives.

Spencer has been in this bottom position so many times now, it's getting ridiculous. Still trying out his new "human-with-emotions" personality, he gamely tries to fit in with the majority 4 going along with whoever they want out, which they tell him is Wiglesworth (but really it's Spencer). However, Monica decides she wants to make a big move and comes to Spencer and Wiglesworth with a plan to get out Jeremy and promises to bring along ... let's say Kimmi. At Tribal Council, Jeremy is almost forced to play his idol but in the end doesn't have to as he has the majority with Fishbach, Wiglesworth and Kimmi voting with him and the next person voted out is ..... Spencer !

• Like 3

My prediction this week is that Angkor is going to tribal again because they're a mess. The Abidook continues to stir shit up and be a wildcard but stays with Savage and Tasha and they aim to get Varner out. Jeff teams up with Woo telling him that Woo is on the chopping block they need to vote out Savage because he will be too powerful moving forward and Woo says something like, "Oh man. Wow. You're right. That's crazy." Varner tries to woo the Abidook to join he and Woo in getting out Savage and she consumes his soul or something I dunno but Abi decides not to flip and so this week, Varner is going home. I hope I'm wrong!

• Like 4

ugh no fair i also think its jeff BUT i will switch it to tasha because i think she and savage are on the razors edge with abi and i want to have a different answer than other people

• Like 5

I think Angkor will lose again and I think Abi's gone this time. She's dragging them down in challenges, just walking around, as well as being extremely annoying around camp. They'll vote her out to strengthen themselves.

• Like 4

Sign in to follow this