🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Joe McGurl

Survivor Season 31 - Second Chance discussion thread

I'm going to be boring and choose the abidook. I feel like I may be wrong but I don't know how long she can keep getting by on luck and the fact that no one is worried about her.

• Like 4

Well, it's no surprise, guys. Much like in Survivor, you don't get far making safe moves, you get ahead making BOLD moves. No prediction is more bold than saying that the person you picked to win the game is going to be voted out; so for that reason, once again, the winner of the Doritos JACKED 3D: Bold Prediction of the Week is.....Marshall Mellow.

Everyone else...I got nothin for ya, grab your stuff, head back to camp.

• Like 4

T2o4hQb.png

wow i saw this one coming when i read marshall mellow's great prediction, congrats

• Like 5

I graduated with Andrea from one of the seasons.

She was pretty unremarkable as a human.

Edit: Has somebody made an Angkor WAT joke

• Like 2

Wow. Just going to have to give this episode an outright PROBST baby. So, so good from front to back.

Great camp drama and team stuff this week.

Spencer thinks that having feelings means just saying he has feelings over and over until people believe him while simultaneously throwing Wiggs under the bus. Sound work Spence, don't hate the player hate the game.

Kelley thinks Kass is trying to make a fake idol, psych you dummy she made you a birthday present now don't you feel like a jerk?

Fishbach still believes that he will find and idol and that makes me very happy.

Angkor has nothing but it's impossible to feel bad for them because they are not very good....or are they???

Both challenges in this episode were amazing. The reward challenge is normally an individual immunity challenge, I like that they switched it up and made each team pick one person to do the challenge. Ta Keo and Angkor basically elect their oldest hot dad (Savage and Deets) to do the challenge while Bayon chooses Jeremy. Good idea guys let's put these old bros against a fucking adonis like Jeremy. Jeepers, watching Jeremy do that challenge was like a god damn cologne commercial. I'm sittin in a puddle just thinking about it. Guess what though, Jeremy gets third place and somehow Angkor wins first. YOU GET ME EVERY TIME PROBST, so good on ya!

Abi is still awful. There's just no way around it. She spends so much time "tinking" and "reflecting" that she basically is 0 help to her tribe this whole episode. The only good thing about it is being able to watch the sheer annoyance of Tasha and Woo when the Abidook is talking. *eye roll*

Immunity challege: Maybe one of the best team challenges I have seen. It appears that every person who competed was seriously injured by heavy wooden boxes? Fuck yes. Was there incoherent yelling? You bet buddy. WAS KEITH THE BEST EVER? OH YEEEEEAH. This is basically K-dawg for the whole challenge:

chappelle-lil-jon-hhhwhat.gif

Anyway, Ta Keo and Bayon get all their pieces back and finish the challenge while Angkor took a nap on their blocks. Angkor loses, again. Not surprising yet still very satisfying.

Back at camp Abi needs to do some more "tinking." I don't know if you guys have heard this, but Woo has written Abi's name down twice. Don't worry if you forget the number Abi will tell you another 50 times.

Tribal counsel. Amazing. Probst throwing out thinly veiled questions gets Woo and Varner to basically sell each other out in real time. So good. Varner is voted out ostensibly because his foot hurts. He loves Abi so much he calls her a little bitch when he leaves. That Varner, such a sweetie. This is what Survivormans is all about.

• Like 7

Do they get razors on the island or something because this dude has less hair than naked mole rat

BVnG8rQ.png

Also #godblessSavage

• Like 2

Congrats to Joe McGurl on getting the boot prediction right this week !! Well done Joe. Here is Probst now with your prize.

survivor-2015-worlds-apart-00-immunity-idol-480x278.jpg

Thanks Jeff.

• Like 6

Hold up did you go to UWSP?

Random Lake High School

So I graduated with Andrea, Kim, Jenna, [other basic girl names]

Oh I thought you were talking about college. She went to college in Stevens Point I guess, which is where I'm from. Thank you for not taking this from me.

This week in "Wildly Inaccurate Survivor Predictions"

Ta Keo win the Immunity Challenge. Angkor pull out a surprise 2nd place win in the Immunity Challenge, sending Bayon to Tribal Council !!

Spencer and Wiglesworth are on the chopping block right away -- not being former Bayon tribers -- so they start scrambling for their sweet Survivor lives.

Spencer has been in this bottom position so many times now, it's getting ridiculous. Still trying out his new "human-with-emotions" personality, he gamely tries to fit in with the majority 4 going along with whoever they want out, which they tell him is Wiglesworth (but really it's Spencer). However, Monica decides she wants to make a big move and comes to Spencer and Wiglesworth with a plan to get out Jeremy and promises to bring along ... let's say Kimmi. At Tribal Council, Jeremy is almost forced to play his idol but in the end doesn't have to as he has the majority with Fishbach, Wiglesworth and Kimmi voting with him and the next person voted out is ..... Monica !

vo_monica.jpg

• Like 5

My bold prediction this week...Kimmi and Monica geet screentime and a...DOUBLE TRIBAL COUNCIL!!!

Setting up for another tribe swap next week, this week there is only 1 tribe that will win immunity and Ta Keo easily takes it.

At Angkor: The Abidook goes wild with Woo paranoia and seals her fate with Tasha and Savage. She is too much of a liability to continue moving forward and Jeff snuffs the torch of ...THE ABIDOOK.

At Bayon: Spencer and Jeremy develop a tight bond and form an alliance together with Fishbach. With tribal on the line, Spencer tries to work the tribe into taking out Wigglesworth. Kimmi is on board but Monica does NOT trust Spencer and so she tells Wigglesworth that Spencer is gunning for her and that she's interested in an all girl's alliance with bringing in Fishy for this vote to take out Spence. Kimmi has no interest in this and at tribal, we say goodbye to Kelly Wigglesworth! Gone too soon, we hardly knew ye!

Oh and at Ta Keo: Not a lot of screentime but Kieth probably does something endearing, Wentworth does something cute and gif-able in a confessional, Joe takes Kass down to the beach and recreates the scene in Watchmen where Dr. Manhattan travels to Mars and gives a monologue about him being able to bend all matter and reality to his will, Dietz does something macho and Ciera continues to not exist in this game.

• Like 5

Prediction: Angkor loses because they are all on the verge of death. Savage and Tasha agree to vote out Abi, finally. BUT Tasha realizes that if Abi goes, she is the weakest tribe member left and the next target. She conspires with Woo to vote out Savage: if she votes out Woo, she is always below Savage in the pecking order, but she knows that Woo will be loyal to her because he hates Abi and also is too dumb to lie about anything. (But still extremely handsome, love you Woo.) She and Woo vote out Savage.

Will it happen? Probably not, but I'm going for that BOLD trophy, baby! You don't get there by playing it safe!

I also really don't know who anyone on any of the other tribes is yet so I gotta stick with these four.

• Like 5

n-no... not savage please no

• Like 3

Hmmm...I feel like I should get the Doritos JACKED 3D: Bold Prediction of the Week award this time but I feel weird giving it to myself and Ran Ran comes in GUNS BLAZING with a SPICY JALAPENO DORITOS JACKED 3D prediction of Savage going home. Game respects game. Real respects real.

The winner of the Doritos JACKED 3D: Bold Prediction of the Week goes to...RanRan

• Like 5

Prediction: Angkor loses because they are all on the verge of death. Savage and Tasha agree to vote out Abi, finally. BUT Tasha realizes that if Abi goes, she is the weakest tribe member left and the next target. She conspires with Woo to vote out Savage: if she votes out Woo, she is always below Savage in the pecking order, but she knows that Woo will be loyal to her because he hates Abi and also is too dumb to lie about anything. (But still extremely handsome, love you Woo.) She and Woo vote out Savage.

Will it happen? Probably not, but I'm going for that BOLD trophy, baby! You don't get there by playing it safe!

I also really don't know who anyone on any of the other tribes is yet so I gotta stick with these four.

too bold for me, ran! leave savy alone!

• Like 4

Kudos to RanRan for pulling out the big win on Game Night !!

Will I miss sleeping with the Doritos JACKED 3D: Bold Prediction of the Week award ? Yes, of course. But you know what ? I done got played by a better player this week and that's alright in my book.

Please look after the trophy for me. "I'll be back" for it, baby.

• Like 4

i know it already aired but i promise i didnt watch yet, i say its finally abi

• Like 2

oBISNRh.png

oh also heres this, grats ran

• Like 4

Good episode! Not terribly exciting or dramatic but I was glad we got to spend a little time with a tribe that wasn't Angkor this week. Okay, notes

• Kimmi and Monica have gotten more screentime in the first 5 minutes than they have total this season which means one of them are probably going home tonight
  • I love Woo. I'm so glad he's back.
  • "(Varner's) in a better place now" - Savage. Wait, do they kill the contestants after they get voted out this season? Is that the major twist?
  • Does anyone know if this is the second chance season? I don't think Probst or any of the cast has mentioned that
  • "Ciera this is your second chance!" - Probst. ".....yep." - Ciera
    • Ciera doesn't even care that she is on this season and neither do I

[*]Bayon wisely chooses their shortest player to be the one to reach up and unspool the ropes holding the balls. Smart call.

[*]Man, the first episode that features Monica and she is blowing it for her tribe. Meanwhile, Wentworth and Woo are killing it

[*]"Monica once again, VERY slow for Bayon...like it's a Sunday picnic for the church!" - Probst.

[*]No one is better at chastising a tribe for losing than Probst. Bless you Jeffrey.

[*]YEAH THAT'S MY KEITH BABY! YOU BET YOUR ASS HE'S THE SKEEBALL CHAMPION YEEE HAW!

[*]Spencer has such great hustle. I don't think he gets enough credit for his challenge performances, he always kills it.

[*]The saga of Fishbach trying to chop things continues. This is my favorite running gag http://imgur.com/73OJhIO

[*]Dietz is so happy that he's got this great tribe and life is amazing, meanwhile while he's happily fishing away, his entire tribe is conspiring against him.

[*]tumblr_nvvu9x7If61qef1zeo4_400.gif

[*]I'm surprised Joe started the plan to have Dietz be the one to vote out but as I've said before, there is nothing that Joe can't do. Also his hair looked luxurious in his confessional. Just look at that shit

[*]tumblr_nwloz2SNbL1txhkrbo7_250.gif

[*]"Second place is like first to us." - Woo. Oh Woo. Sweet Woo. You have no idea the irony of what you just said.

[*]This is actually a really nice storyline for Woo this season. Playing for your mum always wins points from me

[*]Abi thinks a tendon transplant in your knee is the equivalent of a heart transplant. Yup. Human garbage.

[*]It's tiring just watching Tasha have to try and handle Abi and placate her. Major props to her for dealing with that every day

[*]Oh. Fishbach. Fishy, fishy, fishy. Your negligible physical prowess is truly amazing to watch

[*]tumblr_nwlsgp7m6o1s8ypszo7_250.gif

[*]Man, I can't help but root for Angkor. They're such underdogs. Good for them

[*]My joy for Angkor was immediately negated by realizing that I have to deal with Abi for another week

[*]KEITH COMING UP BIG TWO CHALLENGES IN A ROW BABY! #HAMMERANDTHENALE #NALESMALES

[*]Monica thinks going to tribal council can be good and she has no problem with going to tribal council.

[*]Monica is being voted out tonight.

[*]YO! Kimmi is straight up runnin and gunnin right now! I love it! If we had to sacrifice Varner to gain Kimmi, I am INTO it!

[*]Honestly, Bayon's best move would be to vote out Spencer but I'm glad the target is off him tonight

[*]This wasn't as surprising blindside but Monica's reaction coupled with Spencer's reaction made it a beautiful thing.

[*]tumblr_nwlse4JnkH1talut1o5_250.gif

[*]Looks like a medevac next week and on the Ta Keo tribe! YIKES!!!

Oh and everyone watch this video. I want to be best friends and drink beer with Keith so badly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96oSz2LQ-Sc

• Like 6

Sign in to follow this