🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

This would be an awesome Halloween episode, or just a great episode in general. There's so much to unpack with this one. First off, it was written by Harvey Weinstein. It also features a ton of recognizable actors and some of the shortest shorts in cinema history. One of the camp counselors is played by a young and slightly less bald Jason Alexander, and Holly Hunter has a small role as a teenage camper. As well as the great Fisher Stevens, who would go on to deliver an overtly racist performance as an Indian man in "Short Circuit" (1&2) .It hits a lot of the familiar slasher movie beats, some kids play a prank on the camp janitor, resulting in him being severely burned (just like in the title... get it?). He comes back a few years later to seek revenge on the campers, which basically just entails him mutilating them all with a pair of hedge tremors. It falls in line with "Sleepaway Camp", and after seeing it, I'm sure it served as an influence on "Wet Hot American Summer". It has a massive cult following, and it's free for your viewing pleasure on Youtube.

http://www.imdb.com/...8/?ref_=nv_sr_2

If its not too late for Halloween submissions, I think "The Burning" should get consideration.

. (You can see where Rodriguez and Tarantino got the inspiration for their Grindhouse 'trailer' Don't.)

At summer camp, some teenagers pull a prank on the camp's caretaker, Cropsy. But the joke goes terribly wrong, and leaves Cropsy burned and disfigured. After his release from hospital, the caretaker returns to camp equipped with his trusty shears, ready to unleash his particular brand of vengeance on a whole new group of teens.

Its Harvey Weinstein's first movie and the cast includes - Jason Alexander, Fisher Stevens, Ned Eisenberg and Holly Hunter.

IF you haven't watched this movie, you really should.

I love this movie, and apparently critics do as it sits at 100% on Rotten Tomatoes, and think it would make for a great episode. It seems that a crapton of people in Long Island just decided to make summer camp slasher movies on year because the accents in this movie are off the wall thick. The kills are great, especially the raft scene, and it's amazing to see how many future stars are in this movie.

• Like 1

I'm glad to see there are more fans of this trashy 80's masterpiece on the boards. I believe they're doing "Death Spa"(

)for this coming Halloween episode, but, maybe next year.

Yeah somehow Death Spa has been getting a lotta love recently from horror sites and the suck and was recently released on special edition Blu Ray, so it's not surprising it would be the Halloween episode.

For Halloween

The trailer was the inspiration for the "Don't" Trailer in Grindhouse. Stars a young Jason Alexander, Fisher Stevens, Holly Hunter, Ned Eisenberg and Brian Backer. It was also written by Harvey Weinstein.

Has uncomfortable nude scenes for Jason, no robots for June, and some Long Island lore for Paul (Cropsy). Its available on Youtube for free.

Trailer:

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this