🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
AbeFroman

Village of the Damned (1995)

With Halloween approaching, this would be ideal HDTGM candidate.

It is an epic fail on all levels that was inexplicably made by a legend in the genre, John Carpenter. It is by far Carpenter's worst film and apparently the only one he refuses to speak about.

If his version of "The Thing" is considered the greatest remake of all time, then he has the distinction of also directing the worst.

The children are laughable, the acting is abysmal (except for Chris Reeve) and it is loaded with a Who's Who of B -Listers: Kirstie Alley, Luke Skywalker, Crocodile Dundee's wife and the dude from Streets of Fire.

The whole thing screams "You're paying me in cash, right?"

As far as unintentional comedy goes, this one is off the charts. Please make this happen.

• Like 1

The remake also happened to come out one month before Christopher Reeve got paralyzed from that horse riding accident in case anyone wants to get their history checked.

• Like 1

I've seen this one.... All I remember is Kirstie Alley in this. I must've blocked out the rest....

This needs to be done on the HDTGM uber all-star cast, as basically all of the top billed cast has been in at least one other HDTGM film.

The whole thing reeks of "Quid Pro Quo" and indeed it was.

Carpenter only signed on when Universal promised he could make his Creature from the Black Lagoon remake, but had to make this film first. I honestly doubt he left his trailer during filming.

The Lagoon remake fell apart and Carpenter moved on to his next disaster, Escape From LA.

Would make a great Halloween episode for the show.

I just started this movie 5 minutes ago. I'm a Carpenter fan, and still every single shot, acting choice, and musical cue is blowing my mind. HDTGM needs to make sense of this for me.

Sign in to follow this