🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
MozesYehudaioff

Yellowbeard (1983)

Written & directed by the late Graham Chapman. Stars Chapman, John Cleese, Eric Idle, Peter Cooke, James Mason, Peter Boyle, Spike Milligan, Marty Feldman, Cheech & Chong, Madeline Kahn, and featuring David Bowie as the Shark. One of the worst films ever made but does have a few hillarious scenes. Feldman died during production.

One of the worst films ever made

When people say things like this, I wonder if they have seen any actually terrible movies.

• Like 2

Well, the best movie ever made is one of the worst provided you have a sufficiently long list of them such that it includes every movie in the world. Yellowbeard is not in any sense of the word a bad film.

I had never heard of this movie but I was talking with a friend of mine yesterday and he mentioned that he watched this movie a lot growing up and that its really bad and has a very talented cast. I looked it up and Eric Idle said it is by far the worst movie he has ever done and my friend said the movie is not appropriate for kids and quite wild. He seemed to have fond memories of it. As someone who hasn't seen it, does it deserve to be done or is it actually an enjoyable film?

I was a Python fan as a kid and I did not like this movie. Haven’t watched it in at least  thirty years though, so who knows?

Sign in to follow this