🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 28 - One Hour Photo Shop

Paul F. Tompkins welcomes everyone back to hear all the voices on SPONTANEANATION! This week, Paul’s special guest is Andrea Savage from The Hotwives of Las Vegas! They chat about Andrea's earliest memory, the very specific fear that caused her to sleep on the floor for a year, and the dangers of earplugs. Paul is then joined by Jessica Chaffin, Matt Gourley, and Drew Massey to improvise a story set in a One Hour Photo Shop. And as always, Eban (only the best) Schletter scores it all on piano!

DVR ALERT! Paul's new one-hour comedy special "Crying and Driving" airs this Saturday on Comedy Central, at 11pm Eastern and Pacific!

PFT's EPISODE NOTES

- Broadway legend Patti Lupone does indeed have a

- Elizabeth Ashley is a husky-voiced actress!

- Mack’s Pillow Soft Earplugs is not a sponsor of Spontaneanation!

- James Garner and Mariette Hartley starred in

. In the ads, it seemed as if they were a couple, but they were not!

- “That’s a deep cut, gang!”

- I completely forgot about

’s tiny white cowboy boots!
  • Like 3

Always a great start for my Monday morning commute. Though any day is made better with a little Matt Gourley song improv!

A request? Can we make Patti LuPone (starring as "can anyone remember?") and Romulan Henrik Ibsen regular guests? And while we're at it...make LuPone a verb? Pretty please?

• Like 1

If Matt Gourley is on, it's a pretty safe bet that there'll be some kind of play or musical number.

Also, when are we getting an i4h crossover ep? I'm assuming, based on unfounded hopes and desires, that it's next week so please don't disappoint me.

• Like 1

If Matt Gourley is on, it's a pretty safe bet that there'll be some kind of play or musical number.

Considering that Paul's opening monologue started with talk of the theatre, he basically served it up on a platter for the improv portion.

• Like 1

I want a single episode podcast wherein Andrea Savage and Jason Mantzoukas spend, say, 90 minutes talking about clowns.

• Like 5

IMG_4631.jpg

What is this object? Why does gravity-defying sideways Eban make me laugh so much? What's with cardboard Scott in the background?

Great episode as always! I can't believe there was any debate about whether or not you blow on children. Of course you do. It's hilarious!

That's S.I.R., the SPONTANEANATION Improv Robot. It's sort of like the monolithic robots from Interstellar, but it plays the sound effects and queues up ad breaks. Engineer Ryan built it to replace that goddamned Android tablet!

Fun fact: There's also a S.I.R. NY at Earwolf's offices in New York City, for when Paul takes the show on the road!

• Like 2

I would like to offer up an alternate theory and say that's Eban's keyboard case.

• Like 1

I love how many episodes recently have ended in a musical number. And the episode notes are a very nice touch. It's reminiscent of Dave's blog for Stop Podcasting Yourself.

ayo paul did you notice the piano songs was cool

• Like 1

It was a major coup to get John C Reilly to do his Cher impression for the Leesa.com ad.

• Like 4

It was a major coup to get John C Reilly to do his Cher impression for the Leesa.com ad.

Oh, that's who it was. I thought Nick Kroll came in to do his Larry Bird doing Cher impression

• Like 5

What's with cardboard Scott in the background?

That's not a cutout, it's the ghost of a child murdered at the Earwolf studios.

• Like 3

Considering that Paul's opening monologue started with talk of the theatre, he basically served it up on a platter for the improv portion.

I wasn't complaining!

I loved how stupidly and unsatisfyingly this episode ended only because it really seemed to irritate Paul. Also, fwiw, I think Henrik Ibsen would make a more convincing Klingon.

MTIwNjA4NjMzNDM5MjkwODky.jpg

I would love to go to the puppy, ice cream and soup store that also often happens to develop photos

This might have been my favorite episode yet, just wall-to-wall laughs. Jessica Chaffin is such a lovable scamp. When she came out of the gate with a speech impediment, it felt like a cheap laugh-grab, but then she tied it back to Andrea's retainer, which was amazing.

I also loved the interview, particularly the face-blowing discussion and Paul saying "teefies". And I really, really hope that whoever ends up being the guest on the 99th episode will have heard this one, and remembers to make their question "Have you murdered anyone?"

This might have been my favorite episode yet, just wall-to-wall laughs. Jessica Chaffin is such a lovable scamp. When she came out of the gate with a speech impediment, it felt like a cheap laugh-grab, but then she tied it back to Andrea's retainer, which was amazing.

I loved the beat where she took her retainer out to show it was the cause of impediment.

• Like 2

This episode was fantastic, but the Leesa commercial was actually the funniest part to me, somehow. Tompkins, you've done it again.

Not only were the Takei and Lupone impressions great, but I'm convinced the handsome man who flirted with the underwear lady was Patrick Warburton.

Dammit Paul hit the button/flip the switch softer! I'm kidding do whatever the hell you want you wonderful man.

Sign in to follow this